**Please read, before uploading to the galleries**
1. Covers and Labels MUST be of high quality, and 300dpi. 2. Retail or Studio Art, Scans, Customized Hybrids or Fully Rebuilt Retail Covers... anything based on the retail design/layout -- all these go in the Retail Albums --- NOT in the Custom Albums --- does not matter if you edited it, made minor improvements, replaced parts of it or re-built large parts of it, a customized scan or retail cover is still not considered a Custom on this site so put them in the Retail albums.
In other words if you did not make the whole thing yourself from scratch based on a original design of your own. Then put it in the Retail Albums this includes studio issued retail art or covers that use parts of retail art or scans or parts of scans. Because a Custom cover that uses any part from a scan or retail art or is rebuilt to look like the original retail cover is not considered a Custom Cover for the purpose of Album placement at Hirescovers.
All Retail, Studio Art or Scans must be English Language only!
3. We have strict rules on the size of your uploads, don't forget to check them here. (Bottom of post)
4. Do not download a cover and make changes to it, then re-post it unless you have permission from the original creator/uploader to do so.
5. Be considerate when using other custom artwork as inspiration for your own. It is OK to be inspired by other designs, but please always mention where you got that inspiration from. If a designer sees some artwork that you have made, that so closely resembles their own, it could make them feel cheated out of the credit they deserve for their creativity.
6. Uploads must be placed in the appropriate gallery. I.e.Labels/DVD Covers/BluRay and so on, with the appropriate information fields completed: Entering Title, Caption/Description and Keywords for each upload correctly:
a. For Films: Type the full title of the movie in the title field, then in parentheses include the year ex. Iron Man (2008)
b. For TV/Cable Series: Type the full title of the show in the title field, then after add the season # ex. Taboo - Season 2
do not include the year on TV/Cable Series
c. Please use Title Case formatting on titles ex. Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
, do not use all caps for any field, thank you.
d. Any additional information like Directors Cut, Special release, or other info, must be placed in the Caption/Description field, keep it brief do not include synopsis or other general text in this field.
e. Keywords that will help with the search function go in the keywords field (Example: The title has 7 in it put seven in the keywords also). Don't put your username or common words like Marvel, Series, Blu-ray or DVD in the keywords field, if you are not 100% sure what keywords are or how to set them then leave that field blank.
7. Uploads of other peoples work is not allowed and the offending account may be banned. It is at our discretion alone whether we allow work to be uploaded that you have not created, so you need to contact a admin here first, before you upload anything not made entirely by you, so that we may know in advance that you have the proper permission to do so from the original creator. Failure to do this may result in the termination of your account and/or your subscription so don't do it. Using pieces of other peoples work will get you in the same trouble, so the rule is "if you did not make it 100% yourself" probably best to not upload it here.
8. If you see a cover that you made, and someone else has uploaded, but never had your permission to do so, then contact a Admin and we will resolve it immediately.
9. On Scans, and the original author is unknown then SAY SO! If you do know the original author, please put their name as the creator in the description. If the original author sees his/her work displayed here that has been uploaded by another member, and requests it to be removed, it will be immediately.
10. Updated images. Please use the 'Replace File' link on your image to update your image. Do not upload duplicates to the gallery.
11. Images containing any obscenity, p0rn0graphy, or any other material deemed inappropriate, will be rejected. This includes web addresses or logos deemed inappropriate by site staff.
12. Uploads will be rejected for incorrect dimensions, poor quality, images stretched out of proportion, incorrect movie information (including credits, web addresses, running times, logos etc), typos (including spelling and grammar mistakes), illegible text. These are the main reasons for rejections. Any rejected image will have an explanation on why it has been rejected. If you are unsure on how to fix the issue(s), please post it in the WIP forum. Once you have finished editing your image, please use the 'replace file' from the gallery to update. Your cover will then be resubmitted for approval.
13. Labels must be custom work, and of valid titles. Made up combo titles will be rejected. Scanned labels and/or labels with a center hole will also be rejected. Labels with no imagery, or labels and covers that are deemed minimalistic, will not be accepted.
14. Files must be a maximum of 10 MB each. If you are using Photoshop, please remember to 'Save For Web' at a quality of 80%. This will give you the maximum quality visibly, and remove unnecessary data that creates large files. UPLOAD HERE
Studio art should be uploaded to the appropriate album. For example, if you have posters/screen shots/wallpapers for Eragon, then it must be uploaded to the Eragon Album. No new albums will be created for one or two items
, they will be deleted if they are not uploaded to the "Miscellaneous" Album (bottom of the page), that is why it is there, any added to the Miscellaneous Album that are not properly labeled with the correct Title using the IMDb title and year in parentheses will be deleted without notice.
Example: Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021)
If you are trying to upload movie resources to the gallery, but the film title does not exist, and you have "many" then please PM either Bazzah, ctaulbee or Jazzy and they can add a new album for the title before you upload, if you have only a few then you may upload to the "Unsorted Images" album but only if you have three or more items for a given title that meets all the guidelines.
Resources must be of high quality. They must be large enough to be used on a dvd cover, without being stretched or enlarged. When uploading posters, please bear in mind that standard cover sizes are 3240x2175 @ 300dpi, therefore must be large enough to be integrated on a cover.
General upload rules from the Movie Gallery apply to the Resource gallery.
Check for existing items in the gallery before uploading we do not need duplicates of the same or similar items.
There is a 10 meg per file size limit and 12000px max.
Minimum image sizes:
JPG files Posters and Stills 2500px on the longest side all posters should be textless.
PNG files Titles 1500px on the longest side.
Please don't upload resources for obscure titles, if we have to Google it then those resources will be deleted without notice.
Rule of thumb for what is allowed is any popular film released in the last six months or is coming soon, the newer the better, older titles by request only or if a section is pre-existing for it.
**Note - Please make sure the file name of your uploads represents the image E.g. lone_ranger.jpg or loneranger.jpg.
If resources have a pending request in the forum, then the age limit will not be enforced.
** Persistent failure to abide by these rules will result in a warning. Further warnings will result in a ban from the gallery.**
Reference list of current case sizes for sizing covers prior to upload or creating new customs to the correct dimensions. Standard DVD Cases
Single Amaray = 3240 x 2175 (170 spine)
Double Amaray = 3305 x 2175 (235 spine)
Triple Amaray = 3384 x 2175 (314 spine)
4-5 Disk Alpha = 3508 x 2175 (438 spine)
6-7 Disk Alpha = 3661 x 2175 (591 spine)
14 Disc Generic = 3590 x 2175 (520 spine)Slim DVD Cases
ThinPak Single = 3150 x 2175 (80 spine)
ThinPak Double = 3180 x 2175 (110 spine)
Slimcase 3-4 = 3240 x 2175 (170 spine)
Slimcase 5-6 = 3370 x 2175 (300 spine)
Slimcase 8 = 3395 X 2175 (325 spine)
Slimcase 10 = 3460 X 2175 (390 spine)
Slimcase 12 = 3520 x 2175 (450 spine)Blu Ray Cases
3106x1748 (59 spine) (1,2 Disc) Viva Elite 6mm Slim Case
3118x1748 (143 spine) (1,2,3 Disc) Viva Elite 12.5mm Case
3142x1748 (165 spine) (4,5,6 Disc) Viva Elite 15mm Case
3260x1748 (284 Spine) (7,8,9,10 Disc) Viva Elite 25mm Case
3173x1762 (127px spine) Vortex 11mm Case
3234x1762 (186 spine) (3,4 Disc) Vortex 15mm Case
3305x1762 (257 spine) (3,4,5,6 Disc) Vortex 22mm Case
3555x1748 (250 spine) (6,8,10,12 Disc) Amaray Megapack 44mm Case
3240x1900 (170 spine) Scanavo 14mm Case
3335x1900 (170 spine) Scanavo 22mm CaseOther Generic Cases
3114x1762 (60 spine 6mm slim) (1-2 Disc)
3190x 1762 (146 spine 14mm) (4,5,6 Disc)
3206x 1762 (170 spine 15mm) (4,5,6 Disc)
3216x 1762 (177 spine 15mm) (4,5,6 Disc)
3165x1748 (143 spine 14mm) (4,5,6 Disc)
3154x1748 (177 spine 15mm) (4,5,6 Disc)
3189x1748 (167 spine 15mm) (4,5,6 Disc)
3305x1748 (260 spine 22mm) (3,4,5,6 Disc) Misc
Label = Min : 1400 x 1400 Max : 1600 x 1600
DVD Insert = 1450 x 2150
Please note the album list in the cover gallery. Many members are uploading DVD covers and DVD labels to the Blu-ray galleries. Can you please make sure your covers and labels are uploaded to the correct galleries.DVD CUSTOM Covers
Custom made Amaray, Alpha, ThinPak and Slimcase DVD Covers only. Not for Bluray covers. DVD RETAIL Covers
Retail DVD covers only, for all sized Amaray, Alpha, ThinPak and Slimcase retail covers.DVD CUSTOM Labels
Custom made DVD Labels. Not for Bluray or retail labels. Blu-ray CUSTOM Covers
Custom Bluray covers ONLY. Not for any other type of covers. Blu-ray CUSTOM Labels
Custom Bluray labels only. Not for any other labels. Blu-ray RETAIL Covers
Retail Blu-ray covers only, for all sized Amaray, Alpha, ThinPak and Slimcase retail covers.Blu-ray 4K UHD CUSTOM Covers
Custom Bluray 4K UHD covers ONLY. Not for Blu-ray Covers Blu-ray 4K UHD CUSTOM Labels
Custom 4K UHD Bluray labels only. Blu-ray 4K UHD RETAIL Covers
Retail Blu-ray 4K UHD covers only, for all sized Amaray, Alpha, ThinPak and Slimcase retail covers.
Also, please remember that a movie beginning with 'A' or 'The' should not
be uploaded to the A or T albums respectively. For example, if you upload a DVD cover for 'The Great Escape' it should be uploaded to Custom DVD Covers/G
, not Custom DVD Covers/T