Tagline
Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Ultra-HD or 4K Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 150,000 covers and labels, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD, Blu-ray and Ultra-HD/4K Covers and Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase on the main page. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite movie titles. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bazzah
post May 1 2024, 11:56 AM
Post #1

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,596

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

It was a very sad day in the community, when Lucan had to announce the end of EFX's 19 year reign. It has been a fantastic site for a very long time, and has always been a friend of HiResCovers (with a big thanks to Curt). Lee (Lucan) and Curt (Ctaulbee) had worked hard to keep EFX running, but unfortunately the site has broken and is beyond repair. So I would like to welcome all of the EFX refugees to HiRes, and I hope you can make HiRes your new home.

Here are a few useful links for those who are not familiar with HiResCovers. Any other questions, please feel free to get in touch.

Like EFX, we work on a subscription basis for access to the galleries. Alternatively, contributors and designers also have full access to our galleries. To become a designer, you must first apply to become a contributor.

If you would like to become a contributor, please see the Prove Rules for more information.

We have a similar cover gallery to EFX (Coppermine) so I hope it is straight forward for you to use. There is a visual guide to using the cover gallery here, although it is quite old and a few things have changed.

Our resource gallery is focused on newer movie titles, and contains many title treatments and textless posters.

Design Assets is where you can find aids in creating custom covers and labels. Here you will find templates, fonts, studio logos etc.

If there is a cover or label that you need, you can make a Cover And Label request here. And you can make Resource Requests here. Please read the request rules for each section, before making a request.

We have two competitions every month. We have Cover Of The Month, and the HiResChallenge. Cover Of The Month works by our designers nominating 5 covers each. The covers with the most nominations then move to the voting stage, where everyone can vote on their top 3 covers. The HiResChallenge is where members create a custom cover for a theme which has been picked by last month's winner. More information can be found in the previous links. Everyone is welcome to take part in both of our competitions.

More information for everything else can be found in the site rules

Most of the site is self explanatory, but if you do have any questions then please send me a PM.

IPB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       BajeeZa, bankska22, chouette, ctaulbee, Fidi, Jazzy, JollyRoger, littlewazz, M0vieM0nster, MikeConnelly, pytlaczek, RRJR84, sauron, Speedz0r, TheDuke64, VincentLupo

BajeeZa
post May 1 2024, 12:06 PM
Post #2

Label Warden
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Coverart: 15,955

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernies all Avengers

All of them...

R.I.P. EFX sad.gif
welcomewave.gif to hires 8834.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You To BajeeZa For This Post:
       bankska22, Bazzah, chouette, ctaulbee, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

sauron
post May 1 2024, 12:51 PM
Post #3

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

Coverart: 67

Welcome everyone 8834.gif

+Quote Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:
       BajeeZa, bankska22, Bazzah, chouette, ctaulbee, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

tmscrapbook
post May 1 2024, 03:15 PM
Post #4

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Cover Designer

Coverart: 18,451

It was a sad day indeed, but Hi-Res will be a GREAT place for all EFX members 8834.gif

IPB
Retired Mathematics teacher

+Quote Post

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You To tmscrapbook For This Post:
       BajeeZa, bankska22, Bazzah, chouette, ctaulbee, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, RRJR84, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Fidi
post May 1 2024, 03:32 PM
Post #5

Current Foreign Tool
Group Icon

Group: Master Designer

Coverart: 385
Cover Of The Year
Most Wins 2022

To Have and... by Bunny Dojo

I've never been to EFX so I don't know all the guys from there getting over here.

But what I have seen so far we got some talented new designers. 8834.gif

Welcome everybody cheers.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You To Fidi For This Post:
       BajeeZa, bankska22, Bazzah, chouette, ctaulbee, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

abendhei
post May 1 2024, 04:51 PM
Post #6

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Coverart: 180

welcome.png guys icon_wink.gif

+Quote Post

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You To abendhei For This Post:
       BajeeZa, bankska22, Bazzah, chouette, ctaulbee, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

chouette
post May 1 2024, 07:46 PM
Post #7

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Coverart: 403
Monsieur Curt

That is an awesome well-written welcome Baz, thank you so much! Even if I've been a member here for a long time, my home base was EFX and was very sad when it closed. Lee definitely gave all he had to keep it going especially towards the end, and I'm sure it wasn't easy to let go.

I'm a member at other cover sites (both French and English), but this will definitely be my new home. I've already decorated my room, lol

I'm extremely happy to see so many of the gang joining here every day, this makes it less painful to lose EFX.

Again, thanks Baz for your message, those links will be sooooooooo helpful!! 8824.gif

+Quote Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You To chouette For This Post:
       BajeeZa, bankska22, Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

bankska22
post May 1 2024, 08:03 PM
Post #8

bankska22
Group Icon

Coverart: 802

I agree with Chou. Very sad to see EFX go away but I have to admit, it's only been a week since I have basically become a full time Hireser and I love it. This is a great place and no matter the site, the people make it home. Baz, I thank you for allowing me and my great friends of EFX to become part of your family here at Hires.

Go Phillies!!!!

Kev

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To bankska22 For This Post:
       BajeeZa, Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Wrench
post May 1 2024, 09:57 PM
Post #9

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

Coverart: 254
From: Somewhere in the Pacific or under the hood of a car or inside of a computer

Very sad that EFX died. When I get all my covers gathered together I will start posting here. This is my new home. icon_biggrin.gif

IPB
Retired Disabled Navy Veteran, Retired ASE Journeyman Auto Tech, Annoy Chewie, Repair Computers

+Quote Post

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You To Wrench For This Post:
       BajeeZa, bankska22, Bazzah, chouette, ctaulbee, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, robe77, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

M0vieM0nster
post May 1 2024, 11:05 PM
Post #10

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Coverart: 79

Sad to see EFX go, i was wondering why i couldn't log in but anyway... welcome here at hires peeps 8834.gif

This post has been edited by M0vieM0nster: May 4 2024, 09:12 AM

+Quote Post

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You To M0vieM0nster For This Post:
       BajeeZa, bankska22, Bazzah, chouette, ctaulbee, Jazzy, robe77, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

RRJR84
post May 2 2024, 04:00 AM
Post #11

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Coverart: 1,089

Avengers - Kernie

Kernie

definitely a sad day in the cover community another great site is gone. was at efx for almost as long as hires. ive seen the site go through many changes and members. i'm glad the members can now bring their talents here.

+Quote Post

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You To RRJR84 For This Post:
       BajeeZa, bankska22, Bazzah, chouette, ctaulbee, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

rickssg
post May 2 2024, 05:16 PM
Post #12

Valued Member
Group Icon

Coverart: 134

It's always sad to lose a great cover site! I hope all of the EFX members find their way here and I look forward to seeing them around!

IPB
We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge, an no one may pass.

+Quote Post

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You To rickssg For This Post:

Speedz0r
post May 2 2024, 07:43 PM
Post #13

Extinct
Group Icon

Coverart: 222

I signed up for EFX, but never really did anything or visited the site much, but it's always sad to see one of these great cover sites die. I wish all of you a warm welcome 8834.gif

IPB

Please keep my covers on this site and this site only!

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To Speedz0r For This Post:
       bankska22, Bazzah, chouette, ctaulbee, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, sauron, VincentLupo

bankska22
post May 2 2024, 08:06 PM
Post #14

bankska22
Group Icon

Coverart: 802

QUOTE (Wrench @ May 1 2024, 04:57 PM) *
Very sad that EFX died. When I get all my covers gathered together I will start posting here. This is my new home. icon_biggrin.gif

Good to see you here my veteran friend.

+Quote Post

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You To bankska22 For This Post:
       BajeeZa, Bazzah, chouette, ctaulbee, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, robe77, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

topmeasure
post May 2 2024, 08:30 PM
Post #15

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Group: Subscriber

Coverart: 151

It was a sad day indeed to lose EFX called it home for a long time, but from now on I'd like to HiRes my new home and contribute as much as I can.

+Quote Post

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You To topmeasure For This Post:
       BajeeZa, Bazzah, chouette, ctaulbee, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, robe77, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

ctaulbee
post May 2 2024, 08:42 PM
Post #16

The Devil's Hand
Group Icon

Coverart: 2,886
Most Wins 2020
Most Wins 2021

Home is where your friends are... the rest is just a shell to hold them. 8834.gif

IPB

My Gallery • Please leave a like and short comment if you download my work, thanks. • My Criterion Collection

+Quote Post

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You To ctaulbee For This Post:
       BajeeZa, Bazzah, chouette, Fidi, Jazzy, JollyRoger, M0vieM0nster, robe77, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

topmeasure
post May 2 2024, 08:45 PM
Post #17

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Coverart: 151

Well put CT. thumb.gif

+Quote Post

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You To topmeasure For This Post:

chouette
post May 2 2024, 09:11 PM
Post #18

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Coverart: 403
Monsieur Curt

QUOTE (ctaulbee @ May 2 2024, 09:42 PM) *
Home is where your friends are... the rest is just a shell to hold them. 8834.gif

icon_mad.gif

+Quote Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You To chouette For This Post:
       BajeeZa, Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, robe77, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Bazzah
post May 3 2024, 10:04 AM
Post #19

Site Owner
Group Icon

Coverart: 1,596

All HiRes designers

Well I am just happy that you guys feel at home here 8834.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       BajeeZa, bankska22, chouette, ctaulbee, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

JollyRoger
post May 5 2024, 04:59 PM
Post #20

Sailing the Seas of Cheese
Group Icon

Coverart: 407

Million Dollar Baby by Arkflip

Tim Gengler

A sad day indeed. However, this site has a lot of nutters too! Great people with great (and weird) senses of humor - and not to forget this house holds a huge gallery filled with the artwork from talented artists - I hope to see a lot of new artwork from all our new friends!
welcome.png

This post has been edited by JollyRoger: May 5 2024, 04:59 PM

IPB
A designer knows he has achieved perfection - not when there's nothing left to add - but when there's nothing left to take away

- Antoine de Saint Exupéry

+Quote Post

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You To JollyRoger For This Post:
       BajeeZa, bankska22, Bazzah, chouette, ctaulbee, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, robe77, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · General Site News · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 03:58 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS