Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
JolietJake
post Jun 3 2006, 02:31 AM
Post #1

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

I asked before the site came up if we could have a category for slim covers. I belive it was bazzah who told me to bring it up once things were back to normal. I almost forgot about it til today. So i'm asking again,could we have a category for slim case covers? Maybe put it to a poll?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post Jun 3 2006, 02:55 PM
Post #2

Guests

QUOTE(JolietJake @ Jun 3 2006, 03:31 AM) [snapback]5446[/snapback]
I asked before the site came up if we could have a category for slim covers. I belive it was bazzah who told me to bring it up once things were back to normal. I almost forgot about it til today. So i'm asking again,could we have a category for slim case covers? Maybe put it to a poll?

I know what you are saying. There is a definite need for these, and indeed, we do host quite a few of them.

However, I have yet to be convinced that we need a separate section for them.

Currently (because of language differences, I guess) around 30% of the uploads we get are tagged to the WRONG category, and I have to change each one individually, adding valuable time to each approval.

Adding yet another category (that's another 27 albums!) would simply enlarge the likelihood of folks getting it wrong.

Feel free to try to convince me - but it is ME, not you, that has to correct this stuff! :blink: (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

JolietJake
post Jun 4 2006, 01:36 AM
Post #3

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Well if not another category is there anyway you could make it easier to find them inthe sea of regualr covers? Maybe tag them with a "slim" or something at the end of the title?

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Jun 4 2006, 10:21 AM
Post #4

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

That is something the uploader would have to impliment.

IPB

+Quote Post

JolietJake
post Jun 4 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #5

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Couldn't you make a slim cover sub category within the normal covers category? You wouldn't even have to alphabetize them just have a category that they'd go into.

Throw me a frickin bone here! :lol:

+Quote Post

joehogans
post Jun 4 2006, 05:05 PM
Post #6

New to the scene
Group Icon

have u tried easy media cover , it has a few different setting , slimline cases is one of them, it automatically changes the spine 2 slimline,
I use cd cover printer but i dont know if its available on the net now m8, i recommend it if it is (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

http://www.topshareware.com/CD-Cover-Print...nload-17575.htm

its been a while ( a cpl a yrs ) but i think this is the link, try it m8.

+Quote Post

JolietJake
post Jun 5 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #7

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Yes i use undercover xp and it will change it too. the problem is that it distorts the spine in the process. Everything looks squished flat. True slimline covers usually aren't as the creators don't just shrink the spine.

+Quote Post

*Krafty*
post Jun 6 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #8

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Slim covers is actually something I personally would not mind seeing here. As Filmboy has mentioned that yet another 27 places to have a wrong cover placed. The sub cat could work without being alphabetically organised. Worth considering? :huh:

IPB
It has been a long time. Still two years to go.
Have been away a long time and still time to do.....

+Quote Post

JolietJake
post Jun 6 2006, 09:43 PM
Post #9

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

I'll take whatever i can get. :lol: I think its a good idea personally.

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post Jun 6 2006, 11:17 PM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE(JolietJake @ Jun 6 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]6134[/snapback]
I'll take whatever i can get. :lol: I think its a good idea personally.

A single album within the custom cover section would work for me.

I'll get on to that. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

JolietJake
post Jun 8 2006, 05:02 AM
Post #11

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Thanks (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

mattm77
post Jun 14 2006, 12:21 PM
Post #12

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Definitely needed.

+Quote Post

oldgal1930
post Jun 14 2006, 03:11 PM
Post #13

New to the scene
Group Icon

QUOTE(mattm77 @ Jun 14 2006, 07:21 AM) [snapback]7219[/snapback]
Definitely neeeded.

I have to agree. I have software that will convert any cover spine into any size you want, but having slim case covers is so much nicer and cleaner looking.

+Quote Post

tattam
post Sep 7 2006, 03:42 AM
Post #14

Valued Member
Group Icon

Personally, I don't like slim case but it's o.k. to have section for people who like.

+Quote Post

happy
post Sep 12 2006, 02:34 PM
Post #15

New to the scene
Group Icon

I use slimcases to, so Yes please do a subcategory.

/Happy

+Quote Post

rimski
post Aug 16 2007, 12:58 AM
Post #16

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Subscriber

I too, like the Slim case covers. Saves soooo much space. My preference would be the word SLIM after the cover name. I have seen a Harry Potter cover shown as such. Great.

Rimski

+Quote Post

bahgoon
post Sep 2 2007, 02:09 AM
Post #17

New to the scene
Group Icon

Hiyas all,

Just wanna throw my two cents into the fray. I gave up a long time ago and just went ahead and used undercoverxp to distort the spine somewhat so I could have all my dvd's in 'slim mode'. My dvd shelf space was close to being filled up with standard size cases, before I decided to switch over to slim (7mm). I know it isn't perfect because like JolietJake said above, undercoverxp squishes the spine. But better for me to save space then box up all my older dvd's to make room for the new ones. I have converted all my dvd's to slim (7mm) or (9mm (2 disc)).

Anyway, I support the idea of a separate section or category or perhaps adding the word 'slim', 'thinpack' or 'thinpak' to those covers that are uploaded. Like JolietJake, I will take whatever is offered from this fantastic site.

-bahgoon

+Quote Post

WhiteWolf
post Sep 2 2007, 05:31 AM
Post #18

New to the scene
Group Icon

I know I am kinda late here as well but I also like the idea. Slim line cases are quite plentiful here in the states and very affordable and space saving.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Site Suggestions · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 10th December 2016 - 04:56 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS