Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
corky
post May 27 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #1

Hires's Mum
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

How do I get screen caps and using what.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post May 27 2006, 12:53 AM
Post #2

Guests

QUOTE(corky @ May 27 2006, 01:37 AM) [snapback]3994[/snapback]
How do I get screen caps and using what.

Well, if you have the movie on DVD, you can use a programme like PowerDVD to grab screenshots - or, it is sometimes easier simply to look on IMDB and find shots on there (sometimes they are not downloadable - just grab the screen and cut and paste from that)........ :blink: (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

corky
post May 27 2006, 01:09 AM
Post #3

Hires's Mum
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

I've never thought of grabbing the screen, thanks for the info, given me food for thought.

+Quote Post

sauron
post May 27 2006, 01:15 AM
Post #4

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

You could use a program called VLC media player which is a very good program and it takes screenshots aswell.

sauron

+Quote Post

Guest_lulubelle_*
post May 27 2006, 08:46 AM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE(filmboy @ May 27 2006, 01:53 AM) [snapback]3998[/snapback]
Well, if you have the movie on DVD, you can use a programme like PowerDVD to grab screenshots - or, it is sometimes easier simply to look on IMDB and find shots on there (sometimes they are not downloadable - just grab the screen and cut and paste from that)........ :blink: (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

I have power DVD but don't know how to get screenshots from it. I use Quicktime at the moment, but I am limited to the films that I can use.

Can you let me know how to use PowerDVD to do it... thanks (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

ericwh
post May 27 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #6

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Cover Designer

Nero showtime does sceenshots

+Quote Post

Vice-Nasty
post May 27 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #7

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

You can use a program called "Fraps"

IPB
I spell english as it sounds.
My english sucks :( sorry

+Quote Post

CyberClown
post May 27 2006, 06:53 PM
Post #8

Master Designer
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Power DVD default for capture (i think) is the C key.Remember you can pause then capture.Then open your programme & paste as new image(PSP) or photoshop - file new & paste image Only really good for stills (quality wise)but can come in handy.Not sure if this is correct for the very latest Power DVD 6(Cyberlink) .

IPB
[color="#00FF00"][b][size=6][size=4]XBOX Live ID : Satans Recon

+Quote Post

Guest_lulubelle_*
post May 30 2006, 04:03 PM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE(CyberClown @ May 27 2006, 07:53 PM) [snapback]4239[/snapback]
Power DVD default for capture (i think) is the C key.Remember you can pause then capture.Then open your programme & paste as new image(PSP) or photoshop - file new & paste image Only really good for stills (quality wise)but can come in handy.Not sure if this is correct for the very latest Power DVD 6(Cyberlink) .

thanks CC will give it a go

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post Jun 1 2006, 10:58 AM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE(CyberClown @ May 27 2006, 07:53 PM) [snapback]4239[/snapback]

If you enter the advanced setup screen, you can choose "custom size" to capture. The highest figure you can enter is 2000, so keeping the aspect ratio will give you something like 2000x1876.

It depends on the video source, obviously, but you can get some good usable stills this way. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

Storm Raider
post Jun 2 2006, 12:38 PM
Post #11

Goddess
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Miss Potter by Venome

My Favorite Cover Designer:
To many to choose from

QUOTE(CyberClown @ May 28 2006, 04:53 AM) [snapback]4239[/snapback]

Can this be done with Nero 6 ultimate edition (Nero showtime) if anyones knows please let me know
Cheers (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

eggzo0r
post Jun 2 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #12

Valued Member
Group Icon

Off topic but since you are already talking about Power DVD. How do you see the audio bitrate on the different audio sources? Can you do this in some other way?

Thanks

By the way, VLC works great for screenshots imo.

+Quote Post

HS114
post Jul 4 2006, 09:33 AM
Post #13

Valued Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Tropical Storm @ Jun 2 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]5317[/snapback]
Can this be done with Nero 6 ultimate edition (Nero showtime) if anyones knows please let me know
Cheers (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

In Nero Showtime pressing "C" during playback will capture the current frame although it might be best to pause at the exact frame you want before capture, this puts it on the clipboard so you need to paste into your imaging prog before next capture.
Using the Preferences menu button you can access the options to save the image to Clipboard or as wallpaper, there is also the option to save as video or window size. Using window size allows you to view in full screen and then save giving you a bigger image to play with but as all are at 72ppi the quality is not brill.
You can also save a series of frames as a set of images.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Design Questions · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 5th December 2016 - 12:25 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS