Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
mr_cyclone
post Feb 8 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #1

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

Here are some of my scanned covers, proving i can contribute to this site and hope to get access. The cover Breakfast Club had some sort of smudge when i bought it so i coudnt fix that part is in top in the back cover in the hand of the second guy, i deleted the cover Just Friends and added a new cover hoping to replace jsut friends and i fixed all the covers so i replaced them and i think they will be acceptable now...

http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-41760
http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-41764
http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-41763
http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-41762
http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-41761
http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-41759
http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-41758
http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-41832

This post has been edited by mr_cyclone: Feb 11 2008, 07:34 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Feb 10 2008, 08:48 PM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

what i will say your covers need work. theres a lot of moire evident.
try reading the tutorial i uploaded which gives a basic start to making a good scan - theres obviously a lot more to it.
i would also try using some of the filters that you have in your add like smartblur/ median filter / despeckle ect..
all scans are trial and error, the idea is to remove the moire, but leave enough detail and leaving the writing clear and legible.

just to give you an idea here is the last scan i uploaded.
http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-41418

its a challenge to keep trying toi improve, and i consider this to be one of my best scans:
http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-37126

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

Corbyt
post Feb 10 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #3

New to the scene
Group Icon

if they are as bad as you say they are how come the have been approved onto the site ?

+Quote Post

BearStyle
post Feb 10 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #4

Resident Bear
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

I'm pretty sure the cover for Boys And Girls is a semi rebuild.. Judging by the difference in quality looking on the pictures and the text on the back. Same goes for "The Breakfast Club"
Anyway, if I where you - I'd try and work with MHD's tutorial and see where it gets you.

Corbyt, I'm sorry but I don't see how you are connected to this chap? And as far as I can see, MHD's advice is spot on.
The quality on the covers are OK. But could be better.

+Quote Post

Corbyt
post Feb 10 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #5

New to the scene
Group Icon

Wasnt saying anything else no offence intended was only pointing out a valid point

Sry if i ofended anyone in doing so

+Quote Post

mr_cyclone
post Feb 10 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #6

Valued Member
Group Icon

when you say semi rebuild do you mean i added the text to both covers because the covers came like that i didnt rebuild or anything to it?

QUOTE(B3ARStyLE @ Feb 10 2008, 01:38 PM) *
I'm pretty sure the cover for Boys And Girls is a semi rebuild.. Judging by the difference in quality looking on the pictures and the text on the back. Same goes for "The Breakfast Club"
Anyway, if I where you - I'd try and work with MHD's tutorial and see where it gets you.

Corbyt, I'm sorry but I don't see how you are connected to this chap? And as far as I can see, MHD's advice is spot on.
The quality on the covers are OK. But could be better.

+Quote Post

BearStyle
post Feb 10 2008, 10:37 PM
Post #7

Resident Bear
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

QUOTE(mr_cyclone @ Feb 11 2008, 08:22 AM) *
when you say semi rebuild do you mean i added the text to both covers because the covers came like that i didnt rebuild or anything to it?

I'm no master-scanner myself, but I don't understand how the plot can come out crystal clear when the spine-logo's are plagued with scan-dots.
Let me just demonstrate an example, comparing your "scan" of Just Friends.. and another one I found. Which by the way, has the "normal" scan-artifact.

Attached Image

I really don't mean to come off as a "narc" or anything.. It's just that the covers you've uploaded, show signifigant signs of halfassed rebuilds.
And add to this, I'm pretty sure you havn't scanned the covers yourself...

+Quote Post

mr_cyclone
post Feb 10 2008, 11:18 PM
Post #8

Valued Member
Group Icon

oh on just friends i had to redo the whole bottom part because when i scanned it the text came out really choppy that if u printed it out you wouldnt of been able to read it so i tryed my best to do it like the original but i can easly post another cover and remove this one till i can do it better and well my scans i do them at 600dpi to try and fix as much as possible then make them the right size and make them look good but i guess thats my mistake since i do my covers at 600 but like ive said im still new at this so it will take a while to learn more and i dont mean to be rude but i dont download covers and rebuild them as my own like you mentioned at the bottom i scan my own covers and fix them if u want a pictures of proofs i be happy to show you.

QUOTE(B3ARStyLE @ Feb 10 2008, 02:37 PM) *
I'm no master-scanner myself, but I don't understand how the plot can come out crystal clear when the spine-logo's are plagued with scan-dots.
Let me just demonstrate an example, comparing your "scan" of Just Friends.. and another one I found. Which by the way, has the "normal" scan-artifact.

I really don't mean to come off as a "narc" or anything.. It's just that the covers you've uploaded, show signifigant signs of halfassed rebuilds.
And add to this, I'm pretty sure you havn't scanned the covers yourself...

This post has been edited by mr_cyclone: Feb 11 2008, 12:14 AM

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Feb 10 2008, 11:20 PM
Post #9

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

what im talking about is improving the overall look. I have taken an image from undefeated just to show you. obviously the results with any scan depend on a number of things, but try to get it as good as you can

you may be creating problems for yourself by scanning at 600 dpi, try reducing the scan to 300 before you do anything
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

IPB

+Quote Post

mr_cyclone
post Feb 10 2008, 11:32 PM
Post #10

Valued Member
Group Icon

yeah im a try and fix my covers like u showed me on the image of undefeated, ill try to do a cover a little later and ill see the difference between 300 and 600 and see which one is better because i thought 600 was the way to do it but diffrent sites and people have diffrent rules and tips i suppose. here i just did a little test a fast one between 600 and 300

QUOTE(MrHenryDog @ Feb 10 2008, 03:20 PM) *
what im talking about is improving the overall look. I have taken an image from undefeated just to show you. obviously the results with any scan depend on a number of things, but try to get it as good as you can

you may be creating problems for yourself by scanning at 600 dpi, try reducing the scan to 300 before you do anything

This post has been edited by mr_cyclone: Feb 11 2008, 01:20 AM
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

mr_cyclone
post Feb 11 2008, 06:05 PM
Post #11

Valued Member
Group Icon

would this cover be more acceptable or will it be the same like the other ones i posted, i did it last night

http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-41832

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Feb 11 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #12

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

thats a lot better.
scannign at 600 increases detail but also increases moire.(the patteren effect) most people who scn at 600 reduce the image to 300 before filtering it. personally i scan at 300 to begin..personal choice.

IPB

+Quote Post

mr_cyclone
post Feb 11 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #13

Valued Member
Group Icon

i finished doing some work on all the covers exept Pulse because i didnt really see nothing wrong with that one so i replaced most of the covers just right now, Just Friends i deleted that one and i would like to replace it with the new cover i posted yesterday The Assasination Of Jesse James if thats ok with everyone...
QUOTE(MrHenryDog @ Feb 11 2008, 10:25 AM) *
thats a lot better.
scannign at 600 increases detail but also increases moire.(the patteren effect) most people who scn at 600 reduce the image to 300 before filtering it. personally i scan at 300 to begin..personal choice.

This post has been edited by mr_cyclone: Feb 11 2008, 06:46 PM

+Quote Post

mr_cyclone
post Feb 14 2008, 06:04 PM
Post #14

Valued Member
Group Icon

added a new dvd cover here is the link to it

http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-41959

so this are the scanned covers i've posted so far

This post has been edited by mr_cyclone: Feb 15 2008, 02:43 AM
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Feb 15 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #15

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

Congratulations, and welcome to the contributor group. I have to tell you, at first the guys were voting against you being a contributor. But due to the improvement, and willingness to improve you have shown, they have changed their minds! Keep up the great work!

IPB

+Quote Post

mr_cyclone
post Feb 15 2008, 09:17 PM
Post #16

Valued Member
Group Icon

thanks everyone so much i really appreciate it alot.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Prove yourself · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 7th December 2016 - 06:21 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS