Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic

chefjoe
post Jan 23 2008, 10:13 AM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

My Favorite Cover Designer:
umi & nini

The first thing I'd suggest would be to justify the text on the backs of your covers, seems to be a movement away from this by many of late, to me it just looks terrible not to have neatly blocked or shaped text on the backs. Seek advice via PM from time to time , if you have a favorite artist, as many are busy and may not always see wip's, but always use the wip forum when learning. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Jan 24 2008, 07:55 PM
Post #3

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

I will be happy to help you buddy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/arms.gif)

First off...........post your WIPs as single flat pre-views in this forum........it makes good communication much easier (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Jan 24 2008, 08:17 PM
Post #4

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

It is good to see you wanting to improve. I would do as the pig says, and post one at a time, with a flat preview. Start a new thread for one of the covers, and get that one done. Once it is finished, move on to the next one. Otherwise you will end up like Arkflip, who posts lots of WIP's but never finishes them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue2.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

user name
post Jan 24 2008, 10:58 PM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernies Collection

Kernie82

QUOTE(Bazzah @ Jan 24 2008, 03:17 PM) *
Otherwise you will end up like Arkflip, who posts lots of WIP's but never finishes them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue2.gif)

LOL.....that is very true....Awe Crap that goes fo rme too!! Damn....

IPB
But what do I know?

+Quote Post

Fubster
post Jan 25 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #6

Code Monkey
Group Icon

King Kong by Dweez

I think that you are looking for some overall advice, and not specific advice on any one of these covers.

My advice is this - look at what others have done. The WIP forum is a great place for this - because you can see some good final resulting covers, but you can also see the progress as it was created. Then, when you are ready for a new creation of your own, work through the WIP forum.

Another idea: look in the downloads area for some templates. They are good for letting you know what belongs where for the different movie companies. There is one mega template out there that I used for the the one cover I created (I'm more of a label guy). But if you go this route - don't be tied to the template, be willing to go out on a limb and change things up.

IPB

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 7th December 2016 - 06:20 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS