Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
HalfBreed
post Jan 9 2008, 05:18 AM
Post #1

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

Ok, Im not sure if custom covers designers would like to tell but i thought id post anyway.

What additional plugins do you have and use to build your covers? im talking about extra one's that you add to the programme after its been install

These would be Filters, actions, scripts and any others that i might have missed

Also how do scripts work and were would i find the best ones.

Cheers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Jan 9 2008, 07:01 AM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Platoon by Ivan Urikov

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Ivan Urikov

I only have 4 installed at the moment and they are all Eye Candy................but, I only use two of the actions from the whole lot which are: Chrome and Motion trail.
I cannot remember the last time I used a filter, action or script!!

And, scripts are kinda like actions but, carry out more complex tasks............I believe you can even shutdown PS with them. Personally, I have never used a script so I am not sure on how good these things are (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

+Quote Post

Arkflip
post Jan 9 2008, 11:20 AM
Post #3

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

ShokXoneStudios; BunnyDojo

I have a few plugins but to be honest i don't use them all the time. In fact, i think i never uploaded a cover worked with plugins.

IPB
Practice custom Blu-Ray covers, DVD covers and other stuff designs are displayed solely for the purpose of demonstrating design skills and are no way intended to infringe upon the copyrights of the owners of the respective images with which they were designed.

Thank you for reading.

+Quote Post

BearStyle
post Jan 9 2008, 11:38 AM
Post #4

Resident Bear
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

QUOTE(Arkflip @ Jan 9 2008, 09:20 PM) *
In fact, i think i never uploaded a cover worked with plugins.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/giggle.gif)

And personally, I only have Alienskin Blowup installed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

Arkflip
post Jan 9 2008, 11:49 AM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

ShokXoneStudios; BunnyDojo

Ahahahahaha... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) it seems everyone now are saying the same: i don't upload covers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif) But i'm working on a few, and today or tomorrow i'll upload the 5th cover for my Harry Potter collection. It's not something brilliant but i'm receiving a lot of messages asking about the cover, so i'll fill those requests.

IPB
Practice custom Blu-Ray covers, DVD covers and other stuff designs are displayed solely for the purpose of demonstrating design skills and are no way intended to infringe upon the copyrights of the owners of the respective images with which they were designed.

Thank you for reading.

+Quote Post

HalfBreed
post Jan 9 2008, 12:13 PM
Post #6

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Ahhh ok so no one uses plugins (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistle.gif) Ark what are those plugins you got? just want to check them out see what they do. The reason i ask this is basically i am trying to duplicate custom covers i have seen here and there (for learning purpose's), not to copy an artists work. So basically if i see an effect, texture, etc... that i like i try to duplicate it so as to learn how to do it, but there is one i am struggling with, if you look at cc covers most of them look grainy (i guess would be the best word) iv tried to get that effect but cant seem to get it right so naturally im thinking it might be a plugin, script or something along that sort.

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Jan 9 2008, 06:22 PM
Post #7

Guests

Not sure whats so secret but, here's whats I have installed / use:-

Photoshop :-

AlienSkin Exposure 2 - Film stock emulation
Alien Skin Image Doctor 2 -Image repair / restoration
Alien Skin Impact 5.2 - I use this mostly for perspective shadows (but you always need to tweak them after)
Alien Skin Blow-Up - Making small images bigger
AV Bros. Page Curl Pro - Page curls and folds
Digital Film Tools Light 3.5 - Lighting effects
Knoll Light Factory 2.5 - Lens flares

After Effects :-

Trapcode Shine - Shiny effects
Trapcode Particular - Sparks / rain / fog / clouds
Trapcode Form - Lighty plasma type effects
Trapcode Starglow - to add sparles

Most plug-in's are simply great timesavers and I use elements of all of them everyday both professionally at work and for hobbies including making cover, along with other programs including Cinema 4D 10.5, Bodypaint 3, Maya, 3D Studio Max 9, Illustrator CS3, Corel Painter X, Softimage XSI and ZBrush 3. Bear in mind though you still need to now how and more importantly when to use them all otherwise you wind up with a mess just the same.

Hope it helps you.

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Jan 9 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #8

Guests

BTW adding grain is easy in Photoshop from v6 upwards Filters>Artistic>Film Grain.
I make my own actions and scripts for repetitive work like, making a grainy black and white image, a particular text effect I use a lot or an image modification like making a photo appear illustrated. There also really useful for making batch previews or mass conversion from one file format to another. Finding them is easy just google photoshop Actions, there are millions available.

+Quote Post

HalfBreed
post Jan 9 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #9

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Lol sorry posted this a bit early before going through your forums tutorials etc... Thought maybe the designers wouldnt like telling how they do these amazing covers, I was wrong, my apologies, Thanks for the above that is exactly what i was looking for much appreciated M8.

+Quote Post

zantasha
post Jan 10 2008, 12:47 AM
Post #10

Femme Fatale
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

I've installed these at the moment

(IMG:http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3620/0001uh4.jpg)

Not that i use all of 'em but they come handy from time to time. also have some more not haven't installed yet
1. Page Curl Pro
2. Kodak Photo Editor
3. Noise Ninja
4. Imagenomic Portraiture v1.0
5. Focus Magic - Version 3.0.2
6. Power Retouch Pro v7

+Quote Post

HalfBreed
post Jan 10 2008, 04:48 AM
Post #11

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Thanks Zantasha

Will look into these!

+Quote Post

user name
post Jan 11 2008, 01:07 AM
Post #12

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernies Collection

Kernie82

QUOTE(Skallywag® @ Jan 9 2008, 01:22 PM) *
here's whats I have installed / use:-

Photoshop :-

Alien Skin Blow-Up - Making small images bigger

So how well does this work? Would it help on images that are 500x700 +/- a few px to use as front cover images?

IPB
But what do I know?

+Quote Post

BearStyle
post Jan 11 2008, 01:11 AM
Post #13

Resident Bear
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

QUOTE(user name @ Jan 11 2008, 11:07 AM) *
So how well does this work? Would it help on images that are 500x700 +/- a few px to use as front cover images?

From my own experience, no. I'd say the at least 1600x1200px just to consider trying blowing it up.
But that's me. Maybe skally's got some high-tech-ultra-deluxe tricks that I don't know of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Design Questions · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 7th December 2016 - 08:36 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS