Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
gutterballs
post Dec 28 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #1

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Bunny Dojo's Blade Runner

I love doing covers that no one (or very few) have done before. This is Dario Argento's horror film masterpiece, Suspiria. I just got some more images for it, so I might be playing around with those a bit, but this is the rough idea for the layout. Any ideas?
(IMG:http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7364/suspiriatestaq2.jpg)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Dec 28 2007, 02:36 PM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

NICE SO FAR. THERES AN ORIGINAL POSTER FOR THIS IN RESOURCES

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Dec 28 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #3

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Mr. Dog,

Thanks. I saw that resource, that's where I got the spine title. I did find some more sources online and will be updating this cover a bit today. I'll up the hi-res sources today, too. Thanks!

+Quote Post

Hallow-Scream
post Dec 28 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #4

Valued Member
Group Icon

I like it. The back is looking perfect, I just wanted to point out that there is a line still visible of where you erased on the title on the front as well as the woman and blood puddle. You can see it better if you brighten the image. It's just a different shading of black. Thought I'd point it out

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Dec 29 2007, 03:34 AM
Post #5

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Good eye, Scream... I have changed the front image and added some more to the background. What do you guys think of the changes? Anything else I should change? Would you guys have that Cannes thing on there? I think it kinda throws it off, but is an interesting bit of info. I don't know... I am also thinking about changing the title on the spine to match the front cover. Ideas?
(IMG:http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/3752/suspiriatest2cg0.jpg)

+Quote Post

zantasha
post Dec 29 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #6

Femme Fatale
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

front is impressive and love the title treatment. but can you make the blood a little more red (darker) and reduce the size of THX logo on the back?

Edit: Just noticed "Un Film Di" should be changed to "A Film By" cause its an English cover you're making (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Dec 29 2007, 05:35 PM
Post #7

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Thanks Zantasha! I tried making the blood on front look a little deeper red like real blood, changed the Italian to "A Film By", removed the Cannes logo and added a banner for the collection I am making. I am showing mostly art in this preview so you all can see all the images behind the text. Anything else before I up this one? (And master yoda, I will probably add the Widescreen logo at the bottom of the cover.)
(IMG:http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/148/suspiria6ku3.jpg)

+Quote Post

zantasha
post Dec 29 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #8

Femme Fatale
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Great Job GB..i think blood is now more realistic..and don't remove Canes logo as it was looking nice and filling some space. yet still is a masterpiece. keep up the good work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Jan 7 2008, 09:06 PM
Post #9

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

This cover is finished and can be closed. Thanks!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 8th December 2016 - 06:08 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS