Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Dec 18 2007, 07:42 PM
Post #1

Guests

Gotten this far and thought I'd check in for an opinion before I tidy everything up etc.

Attached Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Dec 18 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #2

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

That compass just speaks Skally 4d work. Did you make it from scratch? If you have thats probably your best 4d work yet. Except for the lid. The lid looks like it could do with a bit more reflection. I presume you are yet to work on the colouring of the characters etc, to make them look like they are there together? Not too sure about the polar bear standing in the forest. Thats one hell of a big bear (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) Otherwise, looking really good buddy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

JollyRoger
post Dec 18 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #3

Sailing the Seas of Cheese
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Æon Flux by Voetzoeker

Tim Gengler

Nice work, Skally! Now you said, you'd tidy this up, so I won't bother you with the usual commments on your blending of pics. You'll come around to that, I'm sure. Instead I'll give you a little input for your consideration on the layout:

I really like your frame. Well done!
The bear on the back is very prominent compaired to the small people, which you have to the left. Perhaps you've got a plan for that area?
The front: I like the overall look, but something is off to me: You've got a girl, two animals, the compass and the TT in the bottom, and really only two people at the top. This make them look really stretched somehow. Rearranging it a bit might do some good. Perhaps the TT in the middle?

Lookin' forward to your progress on this.

IPB
A designer knows he has achieved perfection - not when there's nothing left to add - but when there's nothing left to take away

- Antoine de Saint Exupéry

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Dec 18 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #4

Guests

yup the compass and frame work are 4d bazzah mate and as you both guessed I have only done rough cut outs for position for everything else at the moment

+Quote Post

user name
post Dec 18 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernies Collection

Kernie82

Oh the mighty Skally has done it again! Great work so far....Awesome frame....

IPB
But what do I know?

+Quote Post

zantasha
post Dec 18 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #6

Femme Fatale
Group Icon

Group: Members

Retired Master Designer

Nice idea so far Skally mate... will be waiting for an update... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

sauron
post Dec 18 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #7

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Looks good so far, nothing to suggest as it has all been suggested already

+Quote Post

golemeye
post Dec 19 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #8

The next Bond
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Well on it's way to being brilliant.
Do you have plans for the lid? An inscribed design to match your frame might be nice.

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Dec 19 2007, 11:45 PM
Post #9

Guests

Update, wasn't sold on the Alethiomter, so I remade the lid and retextured it to include the engraving on the inside of the lid, new back framing (trying something a little different with the bar code to integrate it into the design), not sold on the SF box yet (might try and make something different). Recoloured Nicoles dress as there was too much orange going on and generally toned down all the colouring :-

Attached Image

+Quote Post

Arkflip
post Dec 20 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #10

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

ShokXoneStudios; BunnyDojo

OMG!!! I'm speechless!! Impressive work Skally, potential winner of "Cover of the Month"!

IPB
Practice custom Blu-Ray covers, DVD covers and other stuff designs are displayed solely for the purpose of demonstrating design skills and are no way intended to infringe upon the copyrights of the owners of the respective images with which they were designed.

Thank you for reading.

+Quote Post

JollyRoger
post Dec 20 2007, 12:42 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Æon Flux by Voetzoeker

Tim Gengler

As Ark said: very impressive.

I still think the arrangement of the front is unbalanced, as I mentioned earlier. And the small people next to the bear you can lose, now that you've used that area. They look like they're fighting on top of the trees. The bear can easily give the upper backside balance alone, whilst it with both lose perspective...

That square you so carelessly tossed in at the lower back looks really awesome - can't wait to see your progress there! You've outdone yourself in 4D on this - the frames and the watch!!!

IPB
A designer knows he has achieved perfection - not when there's nothing left to add - but when there's nothing left to take away

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Dec 20 2007, 12:50 AM
Post #12

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Bunny Dojo

pretty cool stuff!

+Quote Post

golemeye
post Dec 20 2007, 01:17 AM
Post #13

The next Bond
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Niiiice!

+Quote Post

golemeye
post Dec 20 2007, 01:17 AM
Post #14

The next Bond
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Oops

+Quote Post

sauron
post Dec 20 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #15

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Nice update... but i think that Nicole looks to pale

+Quote Post

agjrw
post Dec 20 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #16

Wahey! I posted!
Group Icon

Very Nice,

May I reply to sauron's comment about Nicole being plae. Thats what she looks like in real life.

The only comment I could make to improve the cover would be to make the spin tiltle larger.

Other than that GREAT COVER.

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Dec 21 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #17

Guests

Another update I finished the compass, so now it looks like the one in the film and not the Scholastic Illustration, tweaked the back blends (got rid of the little men JR) finhed the picture frame etc. Boosted the colours a little on the recolour job of Nicole. pretty happy with the front and back now to do something with the spine.

Attached Image

+Quote Post

JollyRoger
post Dec 21 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Æon Flux by Voetzoeker

Tim Gengler

QUOTE(Skallywag® @ Dec 21 2007, 01:13 PM) *
Another update I finished the compass, so now it looks like the one in the film and not the Scholastic Illustration, tweaked the back blends (got rid of the little men JR) finhed the picture frame etc. Boosted the colours a little on the recolour job of Nicole. pretty happy with the front and back now to do something with the spine.

Fantastic job here, Skally.

I like to hear you can use my advise (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif) . The job which you pulled on the screen shot are very impressive. Losing the little men (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif) - was a good call - that area is much more balanced now. I'm not one for barcodes - but I like your idea of incorporating it in the actual artwork! Good stuff!
The spec boxes in the bottom does not fully match the golden tone of your awesome frame work, so imo you need to tweak it a little.

I respect your decision for finalising the front as is (in regards of my earlier comments on it). The compass just look terrrific! Impressive stuff! You might wanna have a second look at Kidmans elbow, which looks very square. Other than that I really like your coloring job on her!

An idea for the spine, which you mentioned would be the next area of focus. If you move the DVD logo downwards - and the New Line logo up - that'll make room for continuing the awesome framework you got going on the front and back.

Very very great stuff here, Skally - and so nice to see even masters improve and hone their skills! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

IPB

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Dec 21 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #19

Guests

Master! Where? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/giggle.gif) Idea's for the spine, what do you think?

Attached Image

+Quote Post

JollyRoger
post Dec 21 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Æon Flux by Voetzoeker

Tim Gengler

Great! Just about what I thought of! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/giggle.gif) - the only pic of the 4 I think is a little off is the second from the top. First it's hard to see what it is (but that may the preview size), 2nd the color of it look odd compaired to the nice flow you have going on the spine, as well as on the rest of the cover. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chin.gif)

Otherwise I bow in your presence, Skally!

IPB

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 9th December 2016 - 01:28 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS