Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
ubl6612
post Nov 28 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #1

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Stargate - The Movie by Powers

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Scaramanga

Looks like there's another poster contest going on. Fox wants you to make a poster for the new series Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles.

http://www.fox.com/terminator/home.htm

the Rules:

US Only! (as usual) you also have to be at least 18.
Only 1 entry per person.
You can only use the material available in the tool kit (no outside images, artwork or graphics even outside fonts are forbidden (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) )

Contest starts November 26, 2007 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on December 13, 2007 at 11:59:59 p.m.

The Posters will be judged by the people at fox. They will choose the 5 best poster, which on the 18th of December will be up for a public vote. Vote will end December 21.

The Prize: You will win a trip to Los Angeles where you will participate in the Premiere Party of the show.

They don't mention anything about what the dimension should be or what file type and such. The only rule is that it should be no bigger then 10 mb.

I would personally suggest something along 2025x3000 at 300 dpi, which is the standard aspect ratio for posters and is also the aspect ratio that Fox has used on the Sarah Conner posters they have released so far.

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Ruso gkn
post Nov 28 2007, 01:44 PM
Post #2

The Old Brazilian Guy
Group Icon

Group: Members

Retired Master Designer

Madagascar By Gurizão

SXS

Why not make an open world? This would give them better materials ...
This is sad, I want to participate in this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fist.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

IPB
Ruso Gkn Artwork®

+Quote Post

Arkflip
post Nov 28 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #3

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

ShokXoneStudios; BunnyDojo

But you can participate Ruso.

I'll try to enter, it will depend if my new computer arrives in time (i'm waiting for the graphic card), and to send my participation i'll ask later to someone at US to send it for me.

IPB
Practice custom Blu-Ray covers, DVD covers and other stuff designs are displayed solely for the purpose of demonstrating design skills and are no way intended to infringe upon the copyrights of the owners of the respective images with which they were designed.

Thank you for reading.

+Quote Post

Ruso gkn
post Nov 28 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #4

The Old Brazilian Guy
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Madagascar By Gurizão

SXS

Humm... I go make download of files.

IPB
Ruso Gkn Artwork®

+Quote Post

Arkflip
post Nov 28 2007, 03:17 PM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Go ahead, download the files and then produce an extra poster for me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

IPB
Practice custom Blu-Ray covers, DVD covers and other stuff designs are displayed solely for the purpose of demonstrating design skills and are no way intended to infringe upon the copyrights of the owners of the respective images with which they were designed.

Thank you for reading.

+Quote Post

Ruso gkn
post Nov 28 2007, 04:57 PM
Post #6

The Old Brazilian Guy
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Madagascar By Gurizão

SXS

Hehe... No problem Kidflip, my price is very cheap as well you know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

IPB
Ruso Gkn Artwork®

+Quote Post

Arkflip
post Nov 28 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #7

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Now the big question: who will be gentle enough to send later my participation to this contest?

IPB

Thank you for reading.

+Quote Post

CavemanLawyer
post Nov 29 2007, 03:15 AM
Post #8

Valued Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

I'm playing with these resources but it seems so limited because the rules prohibit using anything self made. Seems like we are limited to solid backgrounds or maybe a gradient. Does anyone read the rules differently?

+Quote Post

ShokXoneStudios
post Nov 29 2007, 06:34 AM
Post #9

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

I wouldn't call it a restriction against anything self-made. If they were really expecting you to use the images they're providing and change nothing, they're gonna get a lot of bloody dull entries. Besides, once you've downloaded the resources (including super hi-res shots of Lena Headey and Summer Glau - that's a reward in and of itself), I'd say it's open season on what you can do to them.

Here's what I've cooked up for my entry; notice I've used the images from the package as ordered, and the only self-supplied additions are some pixellation effects and a bazillion crisscrossing lines. Now are they seriously going to disqualify me for that?

(IMG:http://www.boomspeed.com/big_josh/Terminator2-small.jpg)

IPB

ShokXoneStudios.com - Art is love. Love is destructive. That's what I told the police when I blew up the museum.

I has arts 4 sael

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Nov 29 2007, 08:11 AM
Post #10

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

I can't imagine they would restrict you from creating basic art. I imagine they are trying to stop you using any other publicity images that you may have.
SXS- you know you won't get anywhere with that entry don't you? Every one of these comps I have watched, the quality stuff never wins. Shit hot work though, and would make a perfect cover front.

IPB

+Quote Post

ShokXoneStudios
post Nov 29 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #11

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

QUOTE(Bazzah @ Nov 29 2007, 02:11 AM) *
SXS- you know you won't get anywhere with that entry don't you? Every one of these comps I have watched, the quality stuff never wins.

*sigh* Yeah, that does seems to be the pattern, don't it?

IPB

ShokXoneStudios.com - Art is love. Love is destructive. That's what I told the police when I blew up the museum.

I has arts 4 sael

+Quote Post

Ruso gkn
post Nov 29 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #12

The Old Brazilian Guy
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Madagascar By Gurizão

SXS

Well,, I don't know if you will be downgraded brother shok, but for me his work is the winner so far.
First class Job (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

IPB
Ruso Gkn Artwork®

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Nov 30 2007, 07:53 PM
Post #13

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

The more I read the rules, the more I get concerned about this contest. What qualifies as graphics?

If any elements (such as images, artwork or graphics) which are not part of the Tool Kit are used in the submitted Poster, then the submission will be disqualified.

Does that mean the simple grids SXS has created are not permissible? Also, the test by the eye? Are they going to be really harsh about it, and disqualify a cover like above, because that simply is not fair.

IPB

+Quote Post

ShokXoneStudios
post Nov 30 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #14

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

QUOTE(Bazzah @ Nov 30 2007, 01:53 PM) *
The more I read the rules, the more I get concerned about this contest. What qualifies as graphics?

If any elements (such as images, artwork or graphics) which are not part of the Tool Kit are used in the submitted Poster, then the submission will be disqualified.

Does that mean the simple grids SXS has created are not permissible? Also, the test by the eye? Are they going to be really harsh about it, and disqualify a cover like above, because that simply is not fair.

I just can't imagine them being that hard-assed about it.

As for the "eye test", that's actually not text - I drew some squiggly lines, cut off the tops and bottoms, then hit the Pixellate filter to make it look like some random computer gibberish. Even if it were text, it'd be unreadable even at full resolution. It's not text if it doesn't say anything. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

IPB

I has arts 4 sael

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Dec 1 2007, 09:43 AM
Post #15

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

QUOTE(ShokXoneStudios @ Nov 30 2007, 09:31 PM) *
I just can't imagine them being that hard-assed about it.

As for the "eye test", that's actually not text - I drew some squiggly lines, cut off the tops and bottoms, then hit the Pixellate filter to make it look like some random computer gibberish. Even if it were text, it'd be unreadable even at full resolution. It's not text if it doesn't say anything. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

I just hope you are right. Your cover is definitely a worthy contender for the competition, and I would be disappointed if it was disqualified.

IPB

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Dec 20 2007, 08:22 AM
Post #16

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

Looks like our friend Syxx0rz has made the final five!

(IMG:http://www.virtualaftershock.com/files/page0_blog_entry87_1.jpg)

So get over to the fox site, and vote for his cover (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Dec 20 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #17

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

Here's my attempt. I tried to keep it simple, to conform to the competition rules. Anyone else enter? I would love to see your entries!!

Attached File  terminator_posteralternate_wound_copy.jpg ( 209.34K ) Number of downloads: 18

IPB

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag_*
post Dec 20 2007, 11:33 AM
Post #18

Guests

Good Luck Syxx, coulsn't enter myself as I'm not a US resident. But here's what I knocked up breaking every comp entry rule I could:-

Attached File  poster_skally_wip_v3.jpg ( 878.38K ) Number of downloads: 33

+Quote Post

user name
post Dec 21 2007, 05:30 AM
Post #19

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernies Collection

Kernie82

NICE!

IPB
But what do I know?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Mayhem · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 5th December 2016 - 04:33 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS