Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
hoofer
post Oct 31 2007, 01:58 AM
Post #1

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

My take on the the origonal version of 3:10 to YUMA, still got a bit to do on the stiching on the back and not 100% happy with the credit and legals colour yet, any sudjestions for them are allways welcome.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag«_*
post Oct 31 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #2

Guests

Nice start Hoofer, I'd lose the man with the shotgun on the front, he's not adding any value and looks out of proportion.

and although the the colour dodge effect on the legals looks interesting if you need to add a stoke to make it readable you may want to reconsider the treatment in lieu of something a little easier to read - you know I hate all that spec and legal stuff personally, but if your gonna use them then maker them readable. Perhaps just a flat contrasting colour from within the rest of the design with a darker shade fine stroke if absolutely needed.

+Quote Post

Ruso gkn
post Oct 31 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #3

The Old Brazilian Guy
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Madagascar By Gurizão

My Favorite Cover Designer:
SXS

Good satrt... I think,, you need more dark tabs of the hat of man in the front so that if mescle best with the BG.

IPB
Ruso Gkn Artwork®

+Quote Post

drastija
post Oct 31 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #4

Little Devil
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

I think it's a great start.

IPB
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,
there you long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Oct 31 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

What skally said m8....................but, I know this will end up a super cover buddy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

+Quote Post

hoofer
post Oct 31 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #6

Valued Member
Group Icon

Thank's guys...

I would really like to keep the guy with the shotgun (Van Heflin) on the front scally as he's a big part of the film, but will give it a try without him and see what it looks like... if i decide to keep him witch way should i resize him to get him in proportion ?

Text has been a real pain sofar, i dont like the legals and credits and stuff my self Scally... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

hoofer
post Nov 1 2007, 01:40 AM
Post #7

Valued Member
Group Icon

New preview, made the changes sudjested look anybetter... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

DiGiTAL
post Nov 1 2007, 05:12 AM
Post #8

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Cyberclown

this one looks ready for print, however the color used on the infobox might be a littl to bright as it seems to blend into the background a little to much, maybe either lay a 0 distanced shadow around all that text and the box or try a dash of darker colorsetting for it just to make it a little darker. Even a gradient might work since the background that it lays on is darker on the left side, it┤s mostly the top right corner that I┤m worried about

Oh and the sad fact that I dont have this movie (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Saw the remake and I love old westerns and the classy cover that you have made for it makes me wanna run out and buy the dvd just so I can print your cover, very nice work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

There is alot that I really like about this cover, mostly small details but then again it┤s the small details that really does it for me, like the ornaments around the SF box, the color┤s used on it, the blends is really nice, I even like the colombia pictures logo and how it really blends into the whole cover. Texture is more than amazing too. love how the white grunged up corners and top makes it really feel old, and the little bulletholes also. great work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif) (oh i have said that already, well how cares this is top notch and you deserve to hear it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif) )

IPB
If all fails, try again!

+Quote Post

hoofer
post Nov 1 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #9

Valued Member
Group Icon

Thank's for your kind words DiGiTAL the spec box and credit's color has given me a lot of problems with color choice, i have tried it a little darker but on print it tends to get lost in the background, but i know what you are saying About it beeing a tad bright, i wanted it a little darker my self as on test prints on the color i have chosen its a little bit stand outish, i will keep playing with the color, and opacity to get it a bit better and not so bright and ovious... but still readable witch is important if your going to use them as scally says

I like doing old movies DiGiTAL less covers around for them. i also have to agree on your comment on small details they can make of brake a cover but they do take time to get write but are worth it in the end...

Once again thank you for your kind comments means a lot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag«_*
post Nov 1 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #10

Guests

Nice job hoofer, looking a lot better. Nice creative piece (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

hoofer
post Nov 1 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #11

Valued Member
Group Icon

Thank's Scally for your help and advice, The creative side is why i like doing old movies mate, makes me think more due to no artwork or very little artwork around for the older movies......

Only alteration from preview above to the finished version is the spec box and legals have their opacity droped to 80, 90% makes them alittle less bright but still very readable on print..

Finished cover unless anyone spots anything i have missed....

Thank's all for your comments and sound advice means alot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

3D Preview With Lable
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Nov 25 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #12

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Bunny Dojo

closed

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 9th December 2016 - 11:11 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS