Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
legendz27
post Oct 19 2007, 12:57 AM
Post #1

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

I'm feeling that this work is pretty mush done here, until the real SF are released. I will then replace the faux features listed. I had to sharpen the larger vampire on the back a bit to blend with the other higher res pics. if all is well here, i will post with enough positive feedback. thanks all! ; )
Attached Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

BearStyle
post Oct 19 2007, 01:05 AM
Post #2

Resident Bear
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

Overall pretty cool looking, however.. as you asked for feedback. Your gonna get it!
First off, I'd kick up the contrast a bit or play with the levels.. I prefer a cover when black is black and not "almost greyish".
And personally I'd try another color for the blur behind the tagline (and quote), perhaps even try blending it as overlay. That could turn out cool..
As for the plot I'd down the size 1-2 pt's and add some line-spacing instead, big sized plots just looks like spacefillers to me..
The credits could do with another font, or just settings. Looks way to thin to be easily read, is it Univesal Acc. your using? If so, you must have done something to the height/width settings - try resetting to 100%/100% which works fine. And also, I think you want to try and rework the whole legal-layout. Sure, new layouts are always welcome but if you want to go for the retailish style you've used for the rest of the cover.. the legals are just as important. I'd get the adress/legal on the bottom somwhere, perhaps on the left side. And some logos next to it.
And above that the rest of the logos and to top it off - the "presented in widescreeeeen"-thingy.
But hey, it's your cover and it looks pretty cool already. With some touching up, I'm guessing it's gonna be wicked.
Nice work so far!

+Quote Post

legendz27
post Oct 19 2007, 01:26 AM
Post #3

New to the scene
Group Icon

I thought i did have the address on there. Isn't it 10202 W Washington blvd., Culver City, California 90232-3195, listed right below the rating?As for extra logos, I can't think of any that would fit that don't already have. Any suggestions?
On the credits for this work, i used Top Billing font. I'll play with it a bit.
I never checked to see how the Widescreen banner would look, as i usually don't care for them. (personal pref.) but I will look into it, as i'm certainely not opposed.
And as for the plot, you mean make it smaller with more spaces between each line line? I didn't think the plot was that big on this one, as I've seen much, much worse. lol Guess I just wanted to keep it more condensed and together, as opposed to spaced out.
All and all I will play around with it using all of your advice. Thanks a million for taking the time to critique, it only makes me a better person and artist.; )

QUOTE(B3ARStyLE @ Oct 18 2007, 09:05 PM) *
Overall pretty cool looking, however.. as you asked for feedback. Your gonna get it!
First off, I'd kick up the contrast a bit or play with the levels.. I prefer a cover when black is black and not "almost greyish".
And personally I'd try another color for the blur behind the tagline (and quote), perhaps even try blending it as overlay. That could turn out cool..
As for the plot I'd down the size 1-2 pt's and add some line-spacing instead, big sized plots just looks like spacefillers to me..
The credits could do with another font, or just settings. Looks way to thin to be easily read, is it Univesal Acc. your using? If so, you must have done something to the height/width settings - try resetting to 100%/100% which works fine. And also, I think you want to try and rework the whole legal-layout. Sure, new layouts are always welcome but if you want to go for the retailish style you've used for the rest of the cover.. the legals are just as important. I'd get the adress/legal on the bottom somwhere, perhaps on the left side. And some logos next to it.
And above that the rest of the logos and to top it off - the "presented in widescreeeeen"-thingy.
But hey, it's your cover and it looks pretty cool already. With some touching up, I'm guessing it's gonna be wicked.
Nice work so far!

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Oct 19 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #4

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Platoon by Ivan Urikov

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Ivan Urikov

Hehehehehe...............i think Bar must have been drinking to miss the address.......... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

OK my turn................Drop the front tags or at least the motion blur...........it looks too "naff".........do the same with the back tag!
Move the address over to the left and line it up with the "dvd requirement" text.
Space out the synopsis as Bar mentioned.
The colour overall is fine for me..........but, see what you think after trying Bars suggestion of altering the levels or contrast.
The thing I dislike most is the bright, bright, bright white features text..............

But, hey you have done an excellent job m8............I think it looks cool overall and just needs tweaking here and there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post

legendz27
post Oct 19 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #5

New to the scene
Group Icon

Thanks Kylumi, I will work on those suggestions tonight. I did a bit of brightness/contrast control and I agree that it does look better. more vibrant.

Is there anything you or anyone else would suggest with the movie stills framing? Or even something under the stills, over the comic strip scene.
it just seems a bit plain to me.

QUOTE(kylumi @ Oct 19 2007, 03:15 PM) *
Hehehehehe...............i think Bar must have been drinking to miss the address.......... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

OK my turn................Drop the front tags or at least the motion blur...........it looks too "naff".........do the same with the back tag!
Move the address over to the left and line it up with the "dvd requirement" text.
Space out the synopsis as Bar mentioned.
The colour overall is fine for me..........but, see what you think after trying Bars suggestion of altering the levels or contrast.
The thing I dislike most is the bright, bright, bright white features text..............

But, hey you have done an excellent job m8............I think it looks cool overall and just needs tweaking here and there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post

BearStyle
post Oct 19 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #6

Resident Bear
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

I didn't miss the adress-thingy, I was just trying to say that you could move it.. looks wierd with that lot of emptyness to the left of it.
Your the drunk one ky! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

legendz27
post Oct 20 2007, 02:29 AM
Post #7

New to the scene
Group Icon

Thanks Bar...Working on that right now.

QUOTE(B3ARStyLE @ Oct 19 2007, 05:48 PM) *
I didn't miss the adress-thingy, I was just trying to say that you could move it.. looks wierd with that lot of emptyness to the left of it.
Your the drunk one ky! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Oct 20 2007, 09:07 AM
Post #8

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

1 thing no ones mentioned is that the runtime is 113 minutes not 93 ( which i 1 hour 13 minutes and probabley where you have gone wrong)

AND the aspect ratio is 2.35:1

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

legendz27
post Oct 20 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #9

New to the scene
Group Icon

Thanks MrHenryDog, fixing those errors as we speak.

QUOTE(MrHenryDog @ Oct 20 2007, 05:07 AM) *
1 thing no ones mentioned is that the runtime is 113 minutes not 93 ( which i 1 hour 13 minutes and probabley where you have gone wrong)

AND the aspect ratio is 2.35:1

+Quote Post

legendz27
post Oct 23 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #10

New to the scene
Group Icon

ok all... I took all of your tips and critique and tweaked and modified the cover. I just uploaded the new version, but it hasn't posted yet. If all is well, please remove this thread. Thanks a million. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Oct 23 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #11

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Ivan Urikov

well done buddy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 5th December 2016 - 06:35 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS