Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
legendz27
post Oct 7 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #1

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

here is the latest new cover...

http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-38870

here are my covers for my Rob Zobie Collection...

http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-38546
http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-38547
http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-38548

and here are a few of my other covers...

http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-38686
http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-38553
http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-38552

and here is the quality of my scans...

http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-38704
http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-38703
http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-38707

it would be an honor if i could earn a spot on the site. thanx all!

This post has been edited by legendz27: Oct 14 2007, 03:44 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

sauron
post Oct 7 2007, 03:49 PM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

All looks pretty good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Oct 7 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #3

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

the Rob Zombie ones are nice, but im not sure about them printed, the text looks like it would be difficult to see, the same for held to ransom. but overall nice design and layout.
gormanghast again is nice but looks washed out, the images look like scans and could do with a clean and colour correction.
the front of accepted could have been better, but i dont know what resources are available so i could be talking out of my arse. as it is it looks like its been sized up from a lower resolution.
the scans are passable but could be a lot better

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

legendz27
post Oct 7 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #4

New to the scene
Group Icon

thanks mrdog and sauron. yours and all comments are greatly appreciated as making movie art, covers and posters is something i would love to get in to on a higher, more professional level. your comments help me grow as an artist.
MrHenryDog, as a proud owner of several of your own custom covers, i have to say your critique is definately welcome, but with all due respect, and in defense of my work, I say that I take this seriously, and although i agree to still being an intermediate artist, with a lot to learn, I take pains taking pride in not just throwing something together for the sake of making a cover. As for the Accepted cover, I only use hi res photo stills, or its not worth it to me. If I want to get my name out there I can't be putting out crap. after my covers are finished, i print them, and as an owner of over 750 movies, many of which are covered with artwork from the best artist on this site, if my work does not compare...i would rather not upload it.
as for the Rob zombie collection...I think Zantasha can vouch for the quality of them. ; ) lol
and, as for the quality of my scans, i am using a Canon CanoScan LiDE 600F with 4800x9600 dpi.I can not tell the difference between my retail and what i have scanned and printed.
So in retrospect i guess i can say if there are any flaws in my covers, it should be due to my inexperience, or vision(or lack there of), not resolution of photos, or ability to read the text.If you have any doubts...I urge you to print them for yourself, and you will see,
i have at least come that far.
so if anyone can help me further my goals of being a great cover artist, please, your comments are always welcome. Thank you all!

This post has been edited by legendz27: Oct 8 2007, 02:23 AM

+Quote Post

corky
post Oct 8 2007, 06:57 AM
Post #5

Hires's Mum
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

I have to agree with everything that MrHenryDog has said, and am pleased that you haven't taken offense at what has been mentioned thus far. Having read your response and taking a look at your work.

Am sorry but the front on Accepted is not very hi-res there is an alternative front poster for this in the resource section if you were to use that then this would make that particular cover much better imo.

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Oct 8 2007, 07:02 AM
Post #6

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

See, this is what it is all about. Firstly, people giving out good honest criticism, and then the person receiving the criticism taking it on the chin!

IPB

+Quote Post

legendz27
post Oct 8 2007, 11:42 AM
Post #7

New to the scene
Group Icon

thanks gentlemen.

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Oct 8 2007, 06:27 PM
Post #8

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

sorry if my reply was quick.
im not a fan of steeltongs, i cant read them on professionally printed covers, but the area i was refering to was the widescreen logo on devils reject, that looks like it would be difficult to see when printed. the work itself is very nice

the scans i'll explain more.
it looks like you have scanned these at 600 dpi, and as a result quite a bit of moire (cross-hatch pattern) is visible on the finished cover it looks like you need a heavy object on the covers..they appear to be a lighter are down the right hand sides (possibly the cover lifting and light reflecting when scanned) you also have quite a few white specs of dust in the red,and the covers should be teplated to get them dead straight.

trying reducing the scan to 300 before you do any work, or scanning at 300 to start with,clean the glass before you scan and cloning out the crap is the difference between an average scan and a good one. if you want to see what i mean search the gallery for any of miangs or supreme tacos scans

IPB

+Quote Post

legendz27
post Oct 8 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #9

New to the scene
Group Icon

thanks m8! Any help i can get from someone who knows what their talking about, is greatly appreciated. by the way...I love your original texas chainsaw massacre cover. did you free hand the front, or was that a combo of actual photos,(i.e. Leatherface and the bloody hand reaching upwards), that you manipulated to give a comic feel?

QUOTE(MrHenryDog @ Oct 8 2007, 02:27 PM) *
sorry if my reply was quick.
im not a fan of steeltongs, i cant read them on professionally printed covers, but the area i was refering to was the widescreen logo on devils reject, that looks like it would be difficult to see when printed. the work itself is very nice

the scans i'll explain more.
it looks like you have scanned these at 600 dpi, and as a result quite a bit of moire (cross-hatch pattern) is visible on the finished cover it looks like you need a heavy object on the covers..they appear to be a lighter are down the right hand sides (possibly the cover lifting and light reflecting when scanned) you also have quite a few white specs of dust in the red,and the covers should be teplated to get them dead straight.

trying reducing the scan to 300 before you do any work, or scanning at 300 to start with,clean the glass before you scan and cloning out the crap is the difference between an average scan and a good one. if you want to see what i mean search the gallery for any of miangs or supreme tacos scans

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Oct 8 2007, 08:10 PM
Post #10

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

its the origianl italian poster, you tend to find italian and japanese posters differ a great deal form the uk and american ones, the back wad the standard movie poster manipulted to look like a painting
a simple cover really

IPB

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Oct 9 2007, 06:23 AM
Post #11

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

Apart from what has already been said....................I can tell that you like to use lots of elements and some brush work to your covers............you are a man after my own heart, well done m8 some very nice work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag_*
post Oct 9 2007, 09:22 AM
Post #12

Guests

Praise from Piggy, now there's a rare thing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif) Some real nice work and oodles of potential in here, looking forward to seeing your stuff in the WIP thread and helping you develop those skills. If I can help in anyway post some questions in the Skoolyard and I'll see what I can do.

+Quote Post

legendz27
post Oct 14 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #13

New to the scene
Group Icon

i just added my new and improved Transformers cover. hope you enjoy! ; )

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Dec 4 2007, 10:38 AM
Post #14

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

Hi Legendz. Sorry it has taken so long to sort out, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been accepted as a contributor, so welcome to the team (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif) You have some really great covers here!

IPB

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Prove yourself · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 9th December 2016 - 05:21 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS