Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
JollyRoger
post Sep 15 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Sailing the Seas of Cheese
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Æon Flux by Voetzoeker

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Tim Gengler

whew! what a looong title!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure1.gif)

Anyways - this is my Danish version of this. Went for a crisp, clear look this time. I'll translate this into English and up it for y'all!

Comments, please?
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Jesse_James_CSTM_Cover_small.jpg ( 462.05K ) Number of downloads: 7

IPB
A designer knows he has achieved perfection - not when there's nothing left to add - but when there's nothing left to take away

- Antoine de Saint Exupéry

SITE RULES
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

JollyRoger
post Sep 15 2007, 06:49 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Æon Flux by Voetzoeker

Tim Gengler

Haven't seen any work done on this one before... but maybe I'm wrong?

IPB
A designer knows he has achieved perfection - not when there's nothing left to add - but when there's nothing left to take away

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Sep 15 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #3

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

I haven't seen anything for this yet. I like where this is going, but I think the synopsis is far too big (as in font size). It is taking up a quarter of the back. Also, I am not too sure on the ghost images on the back

IPB

+Quote Post

JollyRoger
post Sep 15 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Æon Flux by Voetzoeker

Tim Gengler

QUOTE(Bazzah @ Sep 15 2007, 09:17 PM) *
I haven't seen anything for this yet. I like where this is going, but I think the synopsis is far too big (as in font size). It is taking up a quarter of the back. Also, I am not too sure on the ghost images on the back

Thx for the comment, m8 - I'll take it into consideratrion when I'm translating this!

As for the ghost pic - I like the effect...

IPB

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

Arkflip
post Sep 15 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

ShokXoneStudios; BunnyDojo

I really can't understand why is this cover done. Is this already at the theaters? Do you know any detail about the dvd info?
C'mon guys, don't waste skills/talent doing pre-cinema movies.

Off course you haven't seen any work done on this before... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleye.gif) i think you know why...

Don't take my words as an attack, this is something that i insist every time i see covers like yours available to download.
Can you answer me one thing? Why don't you try to do covers for movies already available at dvd? You'll have more resources to work and i'm sure some of the artists here will appreciate more your work.

About the cover... Baz already told you almost everything. The synopsis font size is too big, same as the actors name's on the front. The ghost pics don't work on this and the stills are very unorganized. And the girl at the back really don't work there. It looks like she's looking to Brad and he's doing the same. My 2cents on this.

IPB
Practice custom Blu-Ray covers, DVD covers and other stuff designs are displayed solely for the purpose of demonstrating design skills and are no way intended to infringe upon the copyrights of the owners of the respective images with which they were designed.

Thank you for reading.

+Quote Post

JollyRoger
post Sep 15 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Æon Flux by Voetzoeker

Tim Gengler

QUOTE(Arkflip @ Sep 15 2007, 11:19 PM) *
I really can't understand why is this cover done. Is this already at the theaters? Do you know any detail about the dvd info?
C'mon guys, don't waste skills/talent doing pre-cinema movies.

Off course you haven't seen any work done on this before... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleye.gif) i think you know why...

Don't take my words as an attack, this is something that i insist every time i see covers like yours available to download.
Can you answer me one thing? Why don't you try to do covers for movies already available at dvd? You'll have more resources to work and i'm sure some of the artists here will appreciate more your work.

About the cover... Baz already told you almost everything. The synopsis font size is too big, same as the actors name's on the front. The ghost pics don't work on this and the stills are very unorganized. And the girl at the back really don't work there. It looks like she's looking to Brad and he's doing the same. My 2cents on this.

Well, that was a hand in the face!!

But I can take it! Let me be given a space to work on here....

1st of all - Yep! nothing has been done on this flick so far - that's the first reason for me to do it! I'm the first one!- and yes I didn't have that much to work on... But I got it together and surprisingly I do not share Your opinion. Otherwise it might look totally different!

I'll take into consideration Your remark on the fontsize (back and front) plus the girlie on the back - but I happen to like the ghost pic. I took the girl from a totally different scene - she's really talking to some other guy in the middle of a street - and placed her in the field to make it look like she and Mr. Pitt was lookin' at one another! So if that's what You're seeing... then I got it right! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

If You'd like to see some of my work on movies already on DVD - try searching for my POTC trilogy, or Pulp Fiction, or... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif) You get the point!

//JollyRoger

IPB

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

Arkflip
post Sep 15 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #7

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

ShokXoneStudios; BunnyDojo

I'm glad to see you accepted my opinion as a positive feedback and not as an attack.
I'll upload some pictures for this movie in the resource section, hope they will be helpful for you and for the rest of the members.

One more thing about the stills. You could try to blend them, because like they are now they look very unorganized.

Note: i already saw a few days ago your work, that's why i insisted to you about doing covers for movies already available at DVD (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif) nothing personal against you or your work, just my battle against piracy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

IPB
Practice custom Blu-Ray covers, DVD covers and other stuff designs are displayed solely for the purpose of demonstrating design skills and are no way intended to infringe upon the copyrights of the owners of the respective images with which they were designed.

Thank you for reading.

+Quote Post

JollyRoger
post Sep 15 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Æon Flux by Voetzoeker

Tim Gengler

QUOTE(Arkflip @ Sep 16 2007, 12:32 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif) nothing personal against you or your work, just my battle against piracy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

Hehe! And You don't consider illegal use of copyrighted material - i.e. pictures - to be piracy????

IPB

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

JollyRoger
post Sep 17 2007, 06:43 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Æon Flux by Voetzoeker

Tim Gengler

I've put my translation of this i the w.i.p. forum...

There You can follow it.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

IPB

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Sep 18 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #10

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

I was looking at doing this one myself............doh!
you beat me to it buddy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

JollyRoger
post Sep 18 2007, 08:55 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Æon Flux by Voetzoeker

Tim Gengler

QUOTE(kylumi @ Sep 18 2007, 10:46 PM) *
I was looking at doing this one myself............doh!
you beat me to it buddy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

This is the progress so far...
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Jesse_James_UK_Cover_small.jpg ( 447.13K ) Number of downloads: 9

IPB

SITE RULES

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Sep 19 2007, 07:27 AM
Post #12

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

I think you got the content spot on.................but, i am not keen on the title treatment not sure what to suggest though as it kinda matches what you have already done (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chin.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Show Case · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 4th December 2016 - 12:16 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS