Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
gutterballs
post Aug 26 2007, 09:22 AM
Post #1

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Bunny Dojo's Blade Runner

The other topic thread with several of my WIPs is closed, but I am still finishing this one up. Here's what I have so far. Again... feedback?
(IMG:http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/290/shootemupcustomef2.jpg)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Aug 26 2007, 09:38 AM
Post #2

Guests

Liking everything apart from the synopsis and screen grabs. They need a re-think.

Also I know it may not sound like useful advice, but trying working on 1 cover at a time in WIP (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif) Everyone I know starts out working 10 projects at a time and the net result is 10 average projects, those that focus on 1 at a time tend to get better results.

+Quote Post

sauron
post Aug 26 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #3

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Looks really good so far, but i am not sure about the synopsis or the still's. Try using the same font that is used on the title for the synopsis also you could try putting the pics in a row and blend them into each other (if you get what i'm saying)

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Aug 27 2007, 01:35 AM
Post #4

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(Skallywag® @ Aug 26 2007, 03:38 AM) *
Liking everything apart from the synopsis and screen grabs. They need a re-think.

Also I know it may not sound like useful advice, but trying working on 1 cover at a time in WIP (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif) Everyone I know starts out working 10 projects at a time and the net result is 10 average projects, those that focus on 1 at a time tend to get better results.

I will try working on this. And I will be slowing down on my projects... But I gotta tell ya, I think all you're going to get out of me is "average" projects. I don't know Photoshop that well, and am learning as I am going. But it seems like the longer I spend on a project and the more tricky I try to be, the crappier the projects turn out. I am a pretty simple guy, and my projects are pretty simple, too. I just hope some people like them and hope to keep learning and getting better as I work on more covers.

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Aug 27 2007, 09:20 AM
Post #5

Guests

Sorry GB I didn't mean to imply that your covers are average in anyway. I think you have a lot of very creative idea's and if you slow down a little we can help your more in WIP particuarly if you concentrate on fewer projects at a time.

In the case of this one I'd try blending the screen grabs togther in a single line and placing them on a backing similar to the way the title treatment is done, then have all that in the space above the credit block. then move the crits to the area to the right of owens head, but floowing a path to match the shape of him and finish it up by adding a nicely treated quote to the left of his to balance it up a little more.

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Aug 27 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #6

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Bunny Dojo

listen to Skallywag. You'll get better that way. It was me who closed the threads. It's hard for me to keep up with all your projects.

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Aug 27 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #7

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

That's fine. Thanks for the feedback and the ideas. I will work on those.

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Aug 30 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #8

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Here's two row blends I made per Sauron's and Skallywag's suggestion. The first is from hi-res sources available online. They seemed kinda static, in my opinion. So I took some more action-oriented screen grabs from the trailer and put those together as a second option.
(IMG:http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7087/shoot1oz6.jpg)
Or
(IMG:http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7489/shoot2qi0.jpg)

What do you guys think?

+Quote Post

sauron
post Aug 30 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #9

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Definatley the bottom one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

sauron
post Sep 8 2007, 12:42 AM
Post #10

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Any more work on this cover?

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Sep 10 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #11

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Per Skallywag and Sauron's suggestions, changed fonts, aligned synopsis and quotes and changed pictures. Any more ideas/suggestions before I upload?
(IMG:http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7263/shoottestij6.jpg)

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Sep 27 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #12

Guests

Much better, good job (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Sep 27 2007, 03:48 PM
Post #13

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Well, thanks for the suggestions! They really did look better. Should I do special features on his back, or do you think I should leave it as is and call it a day?

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Sep 30 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #14

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Bunny Dojo

call it a day.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 10th December 2016 - 08:22 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS