Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
ubl6612
post Aug 14 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #1

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Stargate - The Movie by Powers

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Scaramanga

This is giving me a lot of trouble. It looks good but it doesn't really have the Shawshank feel to it. Dropping it all completely is probably a bit much (did put a bit of work into it), could also just upload it say screw it, some might like it anyway. If any one have some good suggestions it would be nice, won't promise anything though.

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/ubl6612/Shawshank-Redemption-new-sm.jpg)

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/ubl6612/Shawshank-Redemption-3D-hir-1.jpg)

Here's the original image used for the front, in full res.

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/ubl6612/240955611_55e115dae3_o.jpg)

It's the Ohio State Reformatory which is were they shot the movie. The grass on the cover is taken from a baseball field and the sky was created in photoshop.
The fence was a bitch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Demonology
post Aug 14 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

The Wrestler By Samppa

EuroBoy

Actually i really like this nice clean and very different from all the rest of the grungy
covers for this title.....looks finished also only thing i can suggest is get it up in the
gallery (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue2.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Aug 14 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #3

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

first class cloning work buddy. As you know, I am stumped as to what to put on the front. We thought about the watch tower, but it just wouldn't work. I think that a face on the front would ruin it completely. It needs something physical on the grass, that is out of the film.

IPB

+Quote Post

DiGiTAL
post Aug 14 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #4

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Group: Members

Cyberclown

maybe do something more dramatic with the sky like add clouds or a more heavy toned sky just to get the "drama" feeling into the cover, looks kinda "happy" now with the clean and stylish look, sick work with front anyway and I┤m glad you shared the original picture just for us to see exactly how much work you acctually put into the image.

I would however love the backside of the cover even more if the barcode wasn┤t there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

Anyways, great work.

IPB
If all fails, try again!

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Aug 14 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

Firstly ..................... the work and skill that you put into this reflects the sheer brilliance of the design................for me I would leave it as is...............Because it is the simplicity that makes it stand apart.

Secondly................do you have a tutorial for all the work you did on the main image? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/giggle.gif)

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post Aug 14 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #6

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Stargate - The Movie by Powers

Scaramanga

QUOTE(kylumi @ Aug 14 2007, 08:18 PM) [snapback]47627[/snapback]
Secondly................do you have a tutorial for all the work you did on the main image? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/giggle.gif)

yeah, zoom in about 300% set the clone tool to about 5 px, get a pitcher of coffee and clone away (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

the sky and grass was just blended in with gradient masks and a little picking.

I might make a non barcode version. Might (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Aug 14 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #7

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

I tell you ub m8...............i have actually started on clone jobs just like that one and never been able finish them.........(no patience), so I actually do appreciate how much time and effort went into that image! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

+Quote Post

sauron
post Aug 14 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #8

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

I think that this looks finished and excellent work on the cloning i could never do that.

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag«_*
post Aug 14 2007, 08:22 PM
Post #9

Guests

Fanatastic exibition of skill Ubl's, but looks more like a stately home or hotel than a gritty hard labour prison. Sorry but the front need something to make it say prison to me, like walls or a fence (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure1.gif)

+Quote Post

spartanstew
post Aug 16 2007, 04:40 AM
Post #10

Valued Member
Group Icon

Wow, I'd never have the patience for that.

Have you tried making the front pic larger to cover more of the front, even if the sides get chopped a bit? You could also extend that front pic onto the spine. I realize covers are usually looked at as 3 separate parts, but with a gorgeous image like that, I'd rather see it flow onto the spine instead of having a spine that doesn't flow with the back or the front.

You could even move the "grass" on the back down so that it looks continuous from the front.

+Quote Post

eggzo0r
post Aug 16 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #11

Valued Member
Group Icon

Keepin' it clean, beautiful work man (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

Tom Kru
post Aug 17 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #12

New to the scene
Group Icon

Great work,I'd never have the patience for that..

QUOTE(eggzo0r @ Aug 16 2007, 09:57 AM) [snapback]47800[/snapback]
Keepin' it clean, beautiful work man (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 3rd December 2016 - 09:33 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS