Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
gutterballs
post Aug 13 2007, 07:02 PM
Post #1

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Bunny Dojo's Blade Runner

I know some other people have made their versions of a set for the Pirates films... I thought I'd have a go. So far I have the art done for the first two and will be adding all the info soon. But I have not been able to find any high-res image of the skull logo from the third film to match the theme of the set. Does anyone have that artwork or is anyone up for the challenge of making that for me? I saw a high-res poster in the resources section that might work, but I still cannot access those files yet. How 'bout it? Anyone up for that?

Here's what I have so far:
(IMG:http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/1073/piratescustom2js1.jpg)

And
(IMG:http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8295/pirates2custom2xr6.jpg)

Here they are rendered-
(IMG:http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/6127/pirates1testlz7.jpg)
(IMG:http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/708/pirates2testix7.jpg)

This post has been edited by gutterballs: Aug 14 2007, 02:12 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Aug 13 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Ivan Urikov

This could end up by being a very tidy little set indeed................and, I think it would be nice if someone could help you out with the 3rd cover..............I will certainly take a look for you m8y (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

+Quote Post

papperone
post Aug 14 2007, 08:06 AM
Post #3

Valued Member
Group Icon

Star Trek by Ric Easton

Well, these covers looks very close to my version of this trilogy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)
I had that artwork, but could not find atm. And my PSD for my custom covers trilogy are in a faulty Hard Disk that a friend of mine is trying to "bring back to life". If I succeed to get everything back I'll post you that artwork. I only remember I've found it in a Japanese Movie site...

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Aug 14 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #4

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(papperone @ Aug 14 2007, 02:06 AM) [snapback]47568[/snapback]
Well, these covers looks very close to my version of this trilogy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

Really? Are they upoaded to the custom covers section on this site? I did a search before I started, and just did another one today and didn't see any sets that looks like this, just one cover with one of the skulls with titles as the front cover. I am not sure whose it was... Maybe it was yours. I really try not to duplicate any cover too much. While the artwork we use might be the same, I don't want to try and create anything similar to what's been made before.

But while I was searching the POTC covers again today, I saw someone had put a large skull and crossbones from the third movie as one of their covers. So, I ask again (I'd love to finish this series up) does anyone have that art they'd like to send my way? Thanks!

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Aug 14 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

I have spent a lot time looking for this and I cannot get close to anything half decent that you could use m8................sorry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure1.gif)

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Aug 14 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #6

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Thanks for looking Kylumi! I can't find anything, either. I will keep looking for that and hold on to the format I used for these so as soon as I find one I can make the third cover. I finished these first two today and will be uploading them to the custom covers section. I got your PM, Papper and you did make a series like this already. It is good and people should check it out. I can relate to hard drive crashes and the frustration that comes with those... (I've had two separate crashes in 3 years) If you ever do get it up and running again and still have the graphic you used for your third cover, just let me know. I'd LOVE that! (Oh and Papper, when one of my drives crashed, a friend told me to put it in the freezer for two hours and then plug it back in and see if it would start up. I did and it started up long enough for me to backup almost ALL of my data. If you haven't tried that and want to risk it, it worked for me.)

Anywho... I think this specific W.I.P. thread can be closed... But if anyone reads this and wants to help me out with the skull graphic from the third film, I'd really appreciate that. Thanks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

+Quote Post

sauron
post Aug 15 2007, 02:25 AM
Post #7

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

looking good m8. One thing i would make the credit block bigger add more to it. PM me your email and i will send you the skull and crossbone you want (thanks to Zantasha for sending me it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif) )

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Aug 15 2007, 04:47 AM
Post #8

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Awesome. I just sent you a PM with my email. I have made the credits bigger and included more names, etc. I have a few more things to fix, but will be uploading these to the custom covers fixed tomorrow. Thanks again!

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Aug 21 2007, 08:11 PM
Post #9

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Thanks to Suaron and Zanstasha for the skull artwork. So here's the artwork for the third cover. Will be adding the details soon. Anything to change with the artwork?
(IMG:http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/2349/pirates3custom1na8.jpg)

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Aug 21 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #10

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

mmmmmm
i'm begining to wonder if your related to CC with the speed you churning out covers
not set btw

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

Storm Raider
post Aug 22 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #11

Goddess
Group Icon

Miss Potter by Venome

To many to choose from

GB pm me your email address i have some high res images for pirates 3 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Aug 23 2007, 08:20 AM
Post #12

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Well, I am not getting as many comments as I used to. Either that means I am improving... Or it means people are REALLY sick of seing me posting stuff up here. Here's what I have done now with this cover. Now, a question... What do you guys do when you have a custom that is not on DVD yet? Do you just make up some special features? Or do you leave that blank? Do you update it in the Custom Covers section once the actual DVD is released? I have never really known the ettiquete (sp?) on that one...
(IMG:http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/1982/piratestestnv4.jpg)

+Quote Post

sauron
post Aug 23 2007, 11:34 AM
Post #13

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Some people wait for the special features or some people make them up. By the way the cover is looking good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 2nd December 2016 - 05:59 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS