Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
Loudoom
post Jul 16 2007, 12:14 AM
Post #1

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

hi guys. haven't been able to make anything lately cause i blew up my system. but i'm up and running again and started to throw a bunch of customs into the pot. just installed cs3 and learning photoshop all over again.
here's one i'm working on atm. keeping it simple while still trying to capture the feel for the movie. the movie was shot in both b&w, and color. the creator of the film couldn't get any majors dedicated to the project, so went ind. it was only shown in the us in @ 6 cities, then went straight to dvd as a blockbuster exclusive. it's one of my favorite movies; i must have seen it at least 50 times. also, the guy who did the movie, troy duffy, didn't make a dime on it, and is now battling to get the rights to make a sequel.
i've decided to use b&w images as they was prolly the more relevant parts of the film. i cropped them super wide, upped the contrast, and used a noise filter to make them grainy. i then used a gradient on the left and right sides of the images so they matched the front. lowered their transparency to about 60%... i think i nailed the tt's tho. the text is the dialogue used in the courtroom scene at the end of the movie. i thought i'd use that instead of a synopsis, as anyone who's already seen the movie, would appreciate it. i think i have enough room for credits, logos, and legals, dunno... may need a few changes, still a long way to go.

please keep in mind, i'm still missing a bunch of plug-ins/filters, but any comments, suggestions, or complaints would be greatly appreciated.
[attachment=769:preview_3.jpg]

i had an idea for the courtroom scene dialogue... ???
and i made the front image larger. front is more balanced... now i have room for synopsis, special features, credits, logos, and legal...
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Jul 16 2007, 03:19 AM
Post #2

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Bunny Dojo's Blade Runner

I really like it! Love the negative space, love that it is black and white and red... Very simple and cool like the movie. I think I'd like to see a little bigger image of the brothers in front, more like a full body shot. And maybe seperated, like a picture of each of them, split down the middle. Just a thought. I was also told by admins on here that my font should be smaller like a 6 or an 8 depending on the size of the font... Yours looks a little bigger than that, but i gotta tell ya, over all I am diggin the vibe of this cover.

+Quote Post

sauron
post Jul 16 2007, 08:38 AM
Post #3

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Looks good m8 but i think that there is to much writing on the back of the cover, you need to leave room for the credits, spec box maybe special features maybe a barcode. As gutterballs said it would be good if you could use a bigger image on the front.

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Jul 16 2007, 08:53 AM
Post #4

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

The front definitely needs something. Maybe if there are no decent images to use to take more space on the front, you could try making a feature of the Boondocks Saints Cross on the front? I like the simplistic idea aswell overall, but I do not think it is working on the back. The text looks randomly added at the moment. Maybe you could push the whole lot closer together, and overlap some of the synopsis over the images? If you add a drop shadow, and slight black outer glow to the text, it will still be visible. I would prefer a smaller synopsis too. Smaller font and shorter. Possible adding a critic quote or tagline at the top??

IPB

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Jul 16 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #5

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

Bunny Dojo

what they said

+Quote Post

Loudoom
post Jul 17 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #6

New to the scene
Group Icon

updated...

+Quote Post

sauron
post Jul 17 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #7

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Sorry but that isn't really much better because the writing you can't really read

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Jul 19 2007, 01:29 AM
Post #8

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

Bunny Dojo

yea, hard to read

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 4th December 2016 - 01:53 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS