Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
gutterballs
post Jun 30 2007, 09:18 PM
Post #1

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Bunny Dojo's Blade Runner

Here's another one I was working on. What do you think?

EDIT: THE IMAGE IS NOW 800x600. IS IT ALWAYS SUPPOSED TO BE THIS SMALL? ((IMG:style_emoticons/default/Haha!.gif) That's what she said...)
(IMG:http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/7930/revolver2bt2vn8.jpg)

This post has been edited by gutterballs: Jul 1 2007, 07:32 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

corky
post Jul 1 2007, 06:35 AM
Post #2

Hires's Mum
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Can you reduce the size of your preview to 800x600 please, tis a tad too bog at present

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Jul 1 2007, 11:34 AM
Post #3

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Bunny Dojo

I would lose the bottom pic on the spine. I think at least have the DVD logo on the spine. Make the credits a wee bit smaller so it fits better. Visually this is tough for me as it goes against the grain so much, But I can appreciate you quest for creativity. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Jul 1 2007, 07:20 PM
Post #4

Guests

To be honest I haven't seen this movie so I can't really comment on suitability of the cover, but something tells me (knowing Ritchies other movies) that this may not fit the mood, looks a little Moulin Rouge to me, perhaps I'm wrong.

Composition wise, I like it, although the synopsis really needs to flow around the gun much better and I know that'll take a lot of messing around, but it would be worth it. Same deal with the credits.

Keep it up it's really got potential.

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Jul 2 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #5

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Okay boys...

I tried removing the bottom image, but then it feels really lopsided. And the images and design came from the original poster and art and webpage. If it seems a little too "Moulin Rouge" I'm sorry, but I am keeping with their design scheme. I tried fitting the synopsis and credits more with the gun, and hope that flows better for everyone. Any more tips?

(IMG:http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6345/revolver3bh0.jpg)

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Jul 2 2007, 08:45 PM
Post #6

Guests

Much better although (and this is just personal taste) I'd leave a bit more of a run around the gun (a bit more space).

I'd also go with Irrob and lose the bottom spine flick in lieu of a dvd and studio logo. Or more likly swap the bottom one to the top and lose the old bottom spine pic altogether for a studio logo and DVD logo.

Wow, that doesn't even make sense to me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure1.gif)

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Jul 5 2007, 06:04 PM
Post #7

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Okay, I added more run around the gun, and tried losing the bottom pic. Again, it just felt too wierd having such a dominant top image with only a small DVD logo on bottom. So, I left the bottom pic in and added a DVD logo to that pic. Hope you guys like it. I am uploading it now and we can close this thread. Thanks for all the feedback!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 8th December 2016 - 03:59 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS