Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
gutterballs
post Jun 30 2007, 03:47 PM
Post #1

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Bunny Dojo's Blade Runner

I appreciated everyone's help on my last cover, so here's another one I did (that was rejected.) I know it's simple, no credits or synopsis. But part of what I love about making custom covers is that we are making these for ourselves. We don't need to try and sell this merchandise. It can be all about the art, and I love trying to make these covers and cool and creative as possible. Who's with me? What do you think of this one?

(IMG:http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1483/ringcustom2kh8.jpg)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Jun 30 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #2

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Bunny Dojo

the key to this one is the resolution of your imagery. Is it quality stuff? Spine looks blurry. Hard to tell on preview. The one thing I see is the back logos are too big. I'd make em smaller and space em out so they don't look so bunched up.

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Jul 1 2007, 12:32 AM
Post #3

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

i love the idea of this,suprised i havent seen this before, agree with irrob abot the spine being blurred. you also have mixed 2 different dvd logos, fox on the back and universal on the spine.
also i would do 2 versions. one for you with bugger all on it and 1 for those of us who like to see a synopsis ect on the back.
also on the back i think a pic of Sadako on her knees,hair hanging would be ideal for the back

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Jul 1 2007, 07:24 AM
Post #4

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

I will try shrinking and replacing the logos... And fix the two different DVD logos (I didn't know different studios used different logos, I thought it was just the designers who chose which ones go on the artwork). Also, the fuzzy lettering on the spine is on purpose... I have a clearer copy, but i like how uneasy and unsettling the blurred image is... you really gotta look at it. I can post the other version on here so you cn see the difference. And I don't want to sound portentious here... But should I make two versions? One for me and one for you guys? I kinda thought this site was for people who like making their own artwork and sharing it with others who might appreciate it, or download it too. I know I LOVE some of your covers (even though I can't download them yet... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/doh.gif) ) and hope some people are liking mine. But what to do? Tell me... because I want that "Contributor" status!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hypnotise.gif) You will give me the status...

This post has been edited by gutterballs: Jul 1 2007, 07:26 AM

+Quote Post

Speedz0r
post Jul 1 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #5

extinct
Group Icon

xshoty & Kernie

looks like you got a long way to go bro..

IPB

My YT Gaming Channel
Please keep my covers on this site and this site only!

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Jul 1 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #6

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Bunny Dojo

Keep active in the WIP like you are now, and you'll get there. Ask chefjoe, he's a great example. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Jul 1 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #7

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(Speedz0r @ Jul 1 2007, 05:15 AM) [snapback]44591[/snapback]
looks like you got a long way to go bro..

Thanks... That's constructive... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blah2.gif)

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Jul 1 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #8

Guests

Been racking my brain for where I've seen the video tape used before as I know it was an excellent custom, perhaps it was for the ring on another site, as has been said the fronts look real nice, personally I'd look to source an imagege of the back and spine of a casette and work from there.

+Quote Post

Speedz0r
post Jul 1 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #9

extinct
Group Icon

xshoty & Kernie

sorry, didn't mean to be a dick gutter it's just that it looks kinda funny right now.. i agree and disagree with skally, i think you should try to get the cassette to cover the hole front or at least do something so you don't end up with a big black line on the front.. maybe blend some images or some.. i do like the idea tho.. never seen it before so 100% at originality from me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

IPB

My YT Gaming Channel
Please keep my covers on this site and this site only!

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Jul 1 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #10

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

OK, thanks guys... Now THAT I can use. I will try messing around with the tape concept, maybe try Skally's idea of using the whole tape concept... And also, now I know what you're saying about the empty space, Speedz... I tried messing with the empty space on the cover... and a stretched cassette looks funny, and if i just enlarge it, too much image gets cut off and it's hard to even understand the whole concept. I tried messing with it to make it looks like it was on a wet floor or something, maybe I'll try going back to that. I'll mess with a few ideas tomorrow and see what you guys think. Thanks!

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Jul 2 2007, 07:16 AM
Post #11

Guests

To fill the space GB, why not try adding a sleeve type cover, you know the old type that the tape slip in and out of, that way the remaining space could be filled by the sleeve exposing part of the tape and give you more room to get creative with the rest of the cover.

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Jul 2 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #12

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

So here's the sleeve cover idea on front, and this is the crispy logo art on spine, and a little more art on back. I will be adding more photos, synopsis, credits and logos on back for those who like those. And I'll make a version of just art for the art lovers. How's it coming? Is this more what you had in mind?
(IMG:http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/1302/ringcustom31wh5.jpg)

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Jul 2 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #13

Guests

Front looking nice, need to see more of the back to see where it's going, just yet, keep it up, looking good.

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Jul 5 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #14

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Shrunk logos, added synopsis, photos, special features (Only two!) and credits. Think I am about done. Anything jumping out at you guys? Otherwise, it's upload time!

(IMG:http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2558/ringcustom32dw7.jpg)

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Jul 5 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #15

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

it looks great but..
my personal opinion is i would get an image of an old vhs box to have the tape coming out of, at the momnent your tape looks like its been badly cut off. add blood effects to the vhs box

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

chefjoe
post Jul 5 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #16

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

umi & nini

maybe reverse the (Flip Horizontal) the tape image so that the tape end is coming out toward the spine, this will also match up your titles. Just a thought, I absolutely love this idea, continue please you'll get it where you want. And Irrob is absoultely right, I became a Cover Artist in less than a year, by bleeding these guys dry with wip's, suprised they even look at my stuff now. hehe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Jul 7 2007, 08:35 AM
Post #17

Guests

Looking good GB, I'm liking MrHD's idea re the box. Might be work a quick 10 minute placement just to see how that would look before you finish up.

+Quote Post

gutterballs
post Jul 7 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #18

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

That is an old white VHS slipcase that the cassette is coming out of right now. Are you guys suggesting a plastic case or something? And those are bloodstains on the slip cover. What were you imagining? I am going to try flipping it and see how that looks.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 8th December 2016 - 05:54 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS