Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Arkflip
post Jun 20 2007, 01:26 AM
Post #1

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Cover Designer:
ShokXoneStudios; BunnyDojo

Ok, need some help with this.

IMAGE BELOW

I wanna make it simple and really think the back is done. I don't make a cover for a long time, so decided to read some opinions. What do you guys think? Can i start working on the front?

PS: with Syxx authorization, i'm using the logos he used for the back. Still need to adjust the credits size, but that's a minor thing to do

IPB
Practice custom Blu-Ray covers, DVD covers and other stuff designs are displayed solely for the purpose of demonstrating design skills and are no way intended to infringe upon the copyrights of the owners of the respective images with which they were designed.

Thank you for reading.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Jun 20 2007, 07:17 AM
Post #2

Guests

Hi Arkflip,

The composition is nice and I know your a fan of making customs look as "retail" as possible, so if thats your intent, nice job. My only problem is that it looks exactly like every other "retail" clone out there, so whats the point.

This isn't meant to be a dig at you personally, it's just that there are so many "cover designers" around in the scene now who simply add poster art or film imagery to a "retail" template, exactly as you have done in the above example that the scene is getting very, very stale.

Why not try stretching yourself a little to see what you could make? Anyone else agree? or am I alone in thinking that if your going to make this type of cover you may as well keep the retail cover the film was shippeed with or your simply promoting piracy.

+Quote Post

Sithlord82
post Jun 20 2007, 08:14 AM
Post #3

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

Have to say I agree almost entirely. The whole point of a custom cover is to replace the poor job the studios did with the retail case. Not to duplicate it with different images. A custom should be different, it should be unique and it should stand out from the crowd.

While your covers are very well done and nicely designed I just don't see the point in adding barcodes and the like unless its to try and pass them off as original discs. No offence intended but just think more originality is what the scene needs right now.

+Quote Post

Myers
post Jun 20 2007, 08:16 AM
Post #4

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Secret Garden By Dweez

QUOTE(Skallywag® @ Jun 20 2007, 08:17 AM) [snapback]44057[/snapback]
Hi Arkflip,

The composition is nice and I know your a fan of making customs look as "retail" as possible, so if thats your intent, nice job. My only problem is that it looks exactly like every other "retail" clone out there, so whats the point.

This isn't meant to be a dig at you personally, it's just that there are so many "cover designers" around in the scene now who simple add poster art or film imagery to a "retail" template, exactly as you have done in the above example that the scene is getting very, very stale.

Why not try stretching yourself a little to see what you could make? Anyone else agree? or am I alone in thinking that if your going to make this type of cover you may as well keep the retail cover the film was shippeed with or your simply promoting piracy.

Well IMO the way you do it ARK you are so damn good at it but skally does have a point, there are so many artists out there (Not you) that are content to bang a poster on a template and call it job done and for some of them thats fine, but i would much rather see someone think outside the box and be a bit different. People like yourself m8 have the ability and i for one would love to see some great customs from them, just to show people what can be achieved and then hopefully promote and encourage other artists to do the same. That way the cover scene can remain fresh so to speak, if you go to most cover sites you will see the same people time and time again all the old hands and big hitters, not that it is a bad thing i just think it would be nice to see some others achieving the same goal and keeping this hobby fresh. Not meaning to have a go at anyone just putting in my 2ps

Cheers

IPB
" I don't feel that I need to explain my art to you, Warren. "

+Quote Post

sauron
post Jun 20 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Looks really good but what skally is true but its up to you how you make your covers but would be good to see what you can come up with.

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post Jun 20 2007, 09:46 AM
Post #6

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Stargate - The Movie by Powers

Scaramanga

it's your style and I like it. Is it really both fullscreen and widescreen?

I'll upload the key set even though I know you have it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

maybe a syxxorz style scenery for the front.

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Jun 20 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #7

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Bunny Dojo

looking good. I reserve "judgment" until the cover is complete. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

Arkflip
post Jun 20 2007, 10:34 AM
Post #8

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

QUOTE(ubl6612 @ Jun 20 2007, 10:46 AM) [snapback]44067[/snapback]
it's your style and I like it. Is it really both fullscreen and widescreen?

I'll upload the key set even though I know you have it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

maybe a syxxorz style scenery for the front.

Thanks for the upload ubl, i don't have all the set, so your upload will be a great help.
About the front, i'm working on something like "syxx style scenery... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

For the others, thanks for all the words. I understand Skally point, but it's like ubl said, this is my style, and none of you need to download a cover made by me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif) but thanks for the feedback, i'll try to do in the future something like Skally or Dweez... non-retail style (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

IPB
Practice custom Blu-Ray covers, DVD covers and other stuff designs are displayed solely for the purpose of demonstrating design skills and are no way intended to infringe upon the copyrights of the owners of the respective images with which they were designed.

Thank you for reading.

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Jun 20 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #9

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Bunny Dojo

QUOTE(Skallywag® @ Jun 20 2007, 03:17 AM) [snapback]44057[/snapback]
or your simply promoting piracy.

Oooh, now I know you didn't go there (Rise of the Silver Surfer). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chin.gif) You can see how the argument can be made either way right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif) I know we can offer constructive critique without opening Pandora's Box all over again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post

CyberClown
post Jun 20 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #10

Master Designer
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Nice job cloning the text out the poster mate.Looking good so far.

IPB
[color="#00FF00"][b][size=6][size=4]XBOX Live ID : Satans Recon

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Jun 20 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #11

Guests

QUOTE(Irrob @ Jun 20 2007, 11:36 AM) [snapback]44074[/snapback]
Oooh, now I know you didn't go there (Rise of the Silver Surfer). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chin.gif) You can see how the argument can be made either way right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif) I know we can offer constructive critique without opening Pandora's Box all over again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

Your right Irrob, that was a little OTT, sorry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif) but it's nice to see everyone including Arkflip see's my point. I'd simply like to see some variety comming back into the scene. I know the level of skills everyone has and it's sad to see the same stuff being pumped out again and again. Pehaps I'm mad and I'm certainly here to be shot down. But it's so rare to see really creative work happening anymore.

Anyway's it'll be nice to see what happens with the front.

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Jun 20 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #12

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Bunny Dojo

I totally agree with you there! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

Arkflip
post Jun 20 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #13

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

@ CC: thanks buddy!
@ Irrob & Skally: me too! Can't wait to see the front (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

IPB

Thank you for reading.

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Jun 20 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #14

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

I see nothing wrong in retail looky-likey...............Its just I am no good at em!
All I can say here is nice work m8................and that is one really powerful back image (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post

Arkflip
post Jun 24 2007, 03:45 AM
Post #15

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

New update.
I still need to clone better the front, but this will be probably the final result.

Updated back (credits done)
(IMG:http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/471/threeburialsofmelquiadexl4.jpg)

Front
(IMG:http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8076/threeburialsofmelquiadevm2.jpg)

What do you guys think? Do you see anything that need/could be changed?

IPB

Thank you for reading.

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post Jun 24 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #16

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Stargate - The Movie by Powers

Scaramanga

looks amazing ark. Would maybe move the title up so it's somewhere in the middle of the light area, but that's just me being pedantic.

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.

+Quote Post

Amelandbor
post Jun 24 2007, 09:29 AM
Post #17

New to the scene
Group Icon

Wow nice cover. I agree with ubl on the title, but other than that great work

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Jun 24 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #18

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Bunny Dojo

good clone work on the front

+Quote Post

sauron
post Jun 24 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #19

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif) excellent work m8 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Jun 24 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #20

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

Gorgeous cover Ark (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 5th December 2016 - 08:37 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS