Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
Bazzah
post Jun 15 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #1

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

I have been trying a few different options with the back, and I am not too sure about how it is right now. I know Jaldomar is going to go mad about the synopsis (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) Any opinions so far? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

(IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/bazzah/number23sized.jpg)

http://www.hirescovers.net/bazzah/number23sized.jpg

IPB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Jun 15 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #2

Guests

Yup, lose the barcode.

+Quote Post

eggzo0r
post Jun 15 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #3

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE(Skallywag® @ Jun 15 2007, 08:22 PM) [snapback]43831[/snapback]
Yup, lose the barcode.

agreed. I wouldn't mind a version without the credits too.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

chefjoe
post Jun 15 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #4

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

umi & nini

yep, agree with skally and I would soften up those lines on the spine. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post

sauron
post Jun 15 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Nice work, looks really good but i agree with skally about the barcode (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

+Quote Post

drastija
post Jun 16 2007, 10:18 AM
Post #6

Little Devil
Group Icon

Excellent cover (without barcode)

IPB
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,
there you long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci

+Quote Post

Jaldomar
post Jun 16 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #7

Valued Member
Group Icon

No bad at all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue2.gif)

i guess im the only one thinking the barcode is just fine, (just make your u put it down or put it in a vertical).

about the spine i would loose those line complete it.!
I would also re-arrange the legal and logo part, u might want to to put the legal text fully justify on the right where the New Line logo is and put all the logos to the Left and play around with till u happy how it looks.

of course just my modest opinion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chin.gif)

Nice work so far man!!

IPB
---
Creativity is allowing oneself to make mistakes, Art is knowing which ones to keep!!

+Quote Post

zantasha
post Jun 16 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #8

Femme Fatale
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

barcode is a personal taste so can't comment on it and i would also use some grungy kinda font for critic quote rather than a clean one like synopsis and SF's. i guess it will match better with this look of the cover. adn a little bit of more sepia tone to the front image (little closer to back). and please bazz get rid of these ancient logos of dvd, region and cc (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biglol.gif) .

oops.....did i say that the layout is great BTW (IMG:style_emoticons/default/giggle.gif)

PS: Jim Carey's name looks a little dark and mixed with backgournd. maybe in the preview

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Jun 16 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #9

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

Woooooot......................the back cover is certainly to my taste!...............nice one m8!

Hey baz.................guess what ............. i went and purchased the following DVD's

Children of Men
The Departed
The Prestige
The Black Dahlia
Mae West Draw Box Collection AND

HOT FUZZ 2 Disc Special

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Jun 16 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #10

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

QUOTE(zantasha @ Jun 16 2007, 06:09 PM) [snapback]43877[/snapback]
barcode is a personal taste so can't comment on it and i would also use some grungy kinda font for critic quote rather than a clean one like synopsis and SF's. i guess it will match better with this look of the cover. adn a little bit of more sepia tone to the front image (little closer to back). and please bazz get rid of these ancient logos of dvd, region and cc (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biglol.gif) .

oops.....did i say that the layout is great BTW (IMG:style_emoticons/default/giggle.gif)

PS: Jim Carey's name looks a little dark and mixed with backgournd. maybe in the preview

Thanks guys (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

Barcode is of personal taste, and a first for me (maybe second or third (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) ). I haven't decided if it is actually going to stay or not though. Legals and logos are just placements, as they always are with my covers when I start. The logos/legals/credits are always the last thing I do, so this is more what they are going to look like. (Thanks again to Jaldomar)

I have changed the font of the critic quote, and added a tag above the synopsis. Arranged the legals etc, added more tone ot he front image, with a different tone to the eyes on the front (I want the two parts of the image to contrast against each other). Jim Carreys name on the front is very subtle, and had about 50 transparency. I have knocked this up to about 75%.

Heres how it currently looks

(IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/bazzah/number23sized2.jpg)

IPB

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Jun 16 2007, 06:49 PM
Post #11

Guests

Much nicer m8. prefered the old credit block , but thats again just my preference for the non retail look. The front needs a quote or a tag though.

Luverly job

+Quote Post

zantasha
post Jun 16 2007, 10:51 PM
Post #12

Femme Fatale
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

way better bazz. one little thing about spine title. how about using lower case like on the front?. I've added the original title's .EPS in download section just in case you wanna use it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

Number 23 .EPS

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Jun 19 2007, 09:08 AM
Post #13

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

Thanks everyone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif) Finished and uploaded

(IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/bazzah/number233d.jpg)

IPB

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 3rd December 2016 - 01:39 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS