Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
kylumi
post Jun 8 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #1

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Platoon by Ivan Urikov

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Ivan Urikov

This tut was made using CS2, although it should work in CS3.

1) First off my fellow cover fiends you must prepare your file so GO..................file > new file and adjust the settings like so (see, fig:1..............then just follow the figs).

2) Select the image that you wish to convert to an ABR then paste it into your newly created file.

3) Now here is the fun bit, all the settings you require are in the IMAGE > ADJUSTMENTS drop down menu. Remember you are working with BLACK on WHITE............so the more white you get the more BACKGROUND you will see through your brush application and the more black you get the less you will see............plus, because we are in GRAYSCALE your image will produce degrees of opacity through shades of grey ......................you enjoying it so far!.................
......cool...............heheheheheh (IMG:style_emoticons/default/giggle.gif)

4) So using the following adjust away until your hearts content....
a) LEVELS..................my fave
b) EXPOSURE
c) SHADOW/HIGHLIGHTS
d) CURVES
e) CONTRAST .....................my fave

Once you are happy with your little BLACK n WHITE masterpiece........................select the layer you are working on then > SELECT ALL>EDIT>DEFINE BRUSH.

Your done.....................or you have been done.................hehehehehehehe................cos, now all you got is a big black splodge when you come to use your brush!
JUST KIDDING!..........................when you select your new brush from your brush pallette you will find a thing of beauty and be forever grateful to kylumi and want
to give him lot of praise and pleasure...............and buy him a present.........like a gold badge or a milkmans hat or something like that!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Grayscale_abr_kylumi_tut_001.jpg ( 42.84K ) Number of downloads: 100
Attached File  Grayscale_abr_kylumi_tut_002.jpg ( 122.18K ) Number of downloads: 115
Attached File  Grayscale_abr_kylumi_tut_003.jpg ( 97.71K ) Number of downloads: 83
Attached File  Grayscale_abr_kylumi_tut_004.jpg ( 99.09K ) Number of downloads: 76
Attached File  Grayscale_abr_kylumi_tut_005.jpg ( 85.8K ) Number of downloads: 70
Attached File  Grayscale_abr_kylumi_tut_006.jpg ( 93.15K ) Number of downloads: 124

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag_*
post Jun 8 2007, 07:12 PM
Post #2

Guests

Nice work Piggy m8, more or less the same as I do it. Was a revelation to me when I found out that White=transparent then it all becomes clear (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Jun 8 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #3

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

The best bit skally is when you go to depth and drop shadow.................you can have some real fun then................

here is a painted one.....................HAHAHAHAHAHA (IMG:style_emoticons/default/giggle.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/giggle.gif)
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Grayscale_abr_kylumi_tut_007.jpg ( 91.17K ) Number of downloads: 79

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag_*
post Jun 8 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #4

Guests

mwhoraaahhhhahahahahah! Sorry the evil genius strikes again

+Quote Post

chefjoe
post Jun 8 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

umi & nini

bout time you did something useful, m8.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

can't wait to play with this tut, m8ie u r my heeeero! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/arms.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yellow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yellow.gif)

+Quote Post

corky
post Jun 8 2007, 08:55 PM
Post #6

Hires's Mum
Group Icon

QUOTE(kylumi @ Jun 8 2007, 08:00 PM) [snapback]43427[/snapback]
This tut was made using CS2, although it should work in CS3.

..........................when you select your new brush from your brush pallette you will find a thing of beauty and be forever grateful to kylumi and want
to give him lot of praise and pleasure...............and buy him a present.........like a gold badge or a milkmans hat or something like that!

Its not perfect but it was done real quick like :(, plus dont ask me how but I stubbed me toe making this :(:(
Attached File(s)
Attached File  badge.png ( 461.67K ) Number of downloads: 63

+Quote Post

sauron
post Jun 8 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #7

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Nice tutorial m8, could be usueful (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Jun 9 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #8

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

Thanx guys....................... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

Hey corkykof.......................thats a great little Badge Brush you made............I like it ............well done buddette (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Advanced guides · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 3rd December 2016 - 04:42 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS