Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
user name
post Jun 6 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #1

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernies Collection

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Kernie82

Can someone explain to me how to create text with textures? Do I type my text 1st then do something to it, or do I open a texture I want to use then create text and something else....these are all guesses so please fill in a clueless person....haha

An example of what I mean would be the title on Skally's Highlander cover. It looks like he used alien skin for the texture, but from there I have no idea how to get it on the text?

IPB
But what do I know?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Amelandbor
post Jun 6 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #2

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

You can place that texture on top of the textlayer where you want to use it.
Then right click the texture layer and Create Clipping Mask.

And you're done

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post Jun 6 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #3

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Stargate - The Movie by Powers

Scaramanga

I don't think skally used PS or alien skin for that title, maybe the radial metal part put the rest of it looks like it was done in a program like cinema4d or similar.

There are many way to add effect to text. Blending options. Can do a lot if you combine all of the features. You can change the blend mode of the type (depends on the background). You can select the text, ctrl+click on text layer, choose a texture layer, invert the selection (ctrl+i) and press delete. If you want alien skin features on your text, just make sure you have the text layer selected and apply the alien skin feature you desire (will rasterize the type) will have to play a little with it to get the right effect, try some of the presets and make the changes from there.

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.

+Quote Post

BearStyle
post Jun 6 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #4

Resident Bear
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

I ctrl+click the text-layer and then select the texture-layer, and then just hit the layer-mask button (make sure you've got the default colors, black forground and white as the other.)

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Jun 7 2007, 07:57 AM
Post #5

Guests

Hi User Name,

The text for my highlander covers, was made in Cinema 4D, like this:

1. Add the text, by clickick the text object tool
Attached Image

2. Edit the text as desired using the object properties, change text, font size spacing etc,
Attached Image

3. Highlight the text object, then hold down the alt key and add an extrude nurb
Attached Image

4. Load the materials you want (in this case i used my own brushed metal shader) there are loads of cool textures available at www.c4dtextures.com and drag it from the materials editor window on to the extrude nurb obeject.
Attached Image

5. adjust the view as required an then render out to desired resolution not forgetting to include an alpha channel so cutting the object out becomes a simple process in photoshop.
Attached Image

Hope this helps

+Quote Post

user name
post Jun 7 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #6

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernies Collection

Kernie82

Welll, bummer. Unfortunately I only have PS, and not that sweet Cinema 4D program. Thanks for the help though.

IPB
But what do I know?

+Quote Post

HalfBreed
post Jan 18 2008, 09:09 AM
Post #7

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

Dont forget styles, Styles can be very helpful with some cool text effects.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Design Questions · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 6th December 2016 - 08:08 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS