Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Guest_Skallywag«_*
post Jun 2 2007, 04:59 PM
Post #1

Guests

Another one, Cover, ThinPAk and Label will up to the gallery later.

Attached File  covenant_skally_3D.jpg ( 588.71K ) Number of downloads: 70

Attached File  covenant_skally_3D_thinpak.jpg ( 588.19K ) Number of downloads: 59

Attached File  Cov_labe_preview.jpg ( 152.73K ) Number of downloads: 58

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Myers
post Jun 2 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #2

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Secret Garden By Dweez

And another one to replace my retails head and shoulders above it very nice again...

IPB
" I don't feel that I need to explain my art to you, Warren. "

+Quote Post

sauron
post Jun 2 2007, 05:32 PM
Post #3

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Nice cover m8, well done

+Quote Post

corky
post Jun 2 2007, 05:45 PM
Post #4

Hires's Mum
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Another fine set skally, but remember before you up the label no holes accepted ok

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag«_*
post Jun 2 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE(corky @ Jun 2 2007, 06:45 PM) [snapback]42937[/snapback]
Another fine set skally, but remember before you up the label no holes accepted ok

Cheers Corky, will do.

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Jun 2 2007, 08:40 PM
Post #6

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Ivan Urikov

If it dont have a hole in tha label how do you make it work in the player.............BANG a nail through it or something!?!?

nice work here by the way skally m8 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag«_*
post Jun 3 2007, 08:09 AM
Post #7

Guests

Corky uses one of those "Special" DVD players that dont need a hole, right Corky (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Jun 3 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #8

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

here is a neat tip..................perhaps skally could make a tut for it.

This is what I do with the label hole!

Because the center hole is probably the most important part of any disc in terms of it's stable operation under field conditions, I make a PSD HOLE file for each label i produce and then save it as a png file.
Normally, i make two just in case of accidents etc.
I then print these out on matte adhesive backed (plain white) paper which means I can peel them straight off when needed.
Once the hole has been peeled away from the adhesive (great care is required when performing this task as a hole can be easily damaged by over zealous peeling) then it can be carefully centered onto your media.
Neat trick (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif) and after a little practice you will become as good as me at it.

CENTER HOLE BURRS are axial extensions that protrude beyond the substrate surface. They are not allowed on the CD entrance surface, or both surfaces of DVD discs, and standards require a prescribed chamfer or radius of the center hole edge. Center hole burrs can interfere with proper mounting of the disc onto the drive spindle, and are usually caused by improper molding or subsequent handling of the ejected substrate before it cools.

RADIAL RUN OUT: Precise disc centering is assured by a highly accurate, custom spindle. This allows both track eccentricity and outer rim concentricity, or radial runout, to be measured to an accuracy of 0.01 mm using a specially mounted, laboratory grade microscope. Magnification enables any burrs on the outer rim to be quantified.

Eccentricity evaluates azimuthal variation of the track radius, and provides important assurance that changes in track location remain within the dynamic range of the track servomechanism. High frequency variations of radial track position are evaluated by radial noise tests, while sudden, low frequency variations can be measured by radial acceleration tests. High eccentricity can be generated during stamper punching, molding, and subsequent handling of the ejected substrate before it cools.

Concentricity measures radial runout of the outer rim relative to the geometric center of the disc as determined by the center hole, and contributes to disc unbalance. Excessive values are usually caused during molding or subsequent handling of the ejected substrate before it cools.

HAVE FUN, MAKE HOLES (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag«_*
post Jun 3 2007, 09:02 AM
Post #9

Guests

Piggy, if I didn't know you better I'd think you were being serious.

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Jun 3 2007, 09:26 AM
Post #10

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

I am being serious..................and it works............try it, seriously .............try it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

+Quote Post

drastija
post Jun 3 2007, 06:09 PM
Post #11

Little Devil
Group Icon

Great work, looks very nice!

IPB
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,
there you long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Show Case · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 8th December 2016 - 04:07 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS