Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bazzah
post May 12 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #1

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

At the time of writing this, they are nearing the end. Why am I watching it? Ummm, that's very difficult to answer. It is entertaining in the way watching that clip of the arm wrestler's arm snapping. Painful, but strangely entertaining.

So who is representing your country, and how would you honestly rate them? And I mean honestly. Forget patriotism, just tell it how it is. Being from the UK, we had Scooch. Anyone that has ever watched Eurovision will know there is a lot of politics involved, and the UK don't hold well in that respect in Europe. Plus we haven't had anyone in the Eurovision that can sing since Abba. And now we have eben less chance than ever in my opinion. Also, out of curiosity, do any countries outside of Europe get to see this farce? It is shown on BBC in the UK, which I know is shown internationally. So if you are outside of the UK, and have seen it, what do you think about the whole thing? Have you seen someone that can sing?

IPB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

*Krafty*
post May 13 2007, 10:17 AM
Post #2

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

The only reason I would contemplate watching this dross is the fact that it is hosted by TW, (Terry Wogan) for the BBC.

I thought that Abba represented Sweden when they won, Baz???? Not 100% about that though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

IPB
It has been a long time. Still two years to go.
Have been away a long time and still time to do.....

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post May 13 2007, 11:42 AM
Post #3

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

I thought they were Swedish too Krafty, but my missus insisted they were from the UK. But I tell ya, Terry makes it worth while. It's his comments like 'I feel I have lost the will to live' that make it watchable!

IPB

+Quote Post

cooper
post May 13 2007, 03:19 PM
Post #4

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

I watched it, mainly for Terry Wogan, I love his commentary
I thought the girl from Hungary had a great voice, I loved the Scooch entry (very eurovish) and hoped it might have done a bit better, but as you said with all the political voting we have very little chance of doing well, even if we had an amazing entry (IMG:http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/2130/beammewq6.gif)

+Quote Post

Demonology
post May 13 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
The Wrestler By Samppa

EuroBoy

dunno why United Kingdom bother entering anymore....
all this political voting is bullshit and doesn't do any
justice to the good artists infact probably make em feel
less confident in there talents....Our entry come on we may aswell
chucked the McDonalds song in there "kentucky fried chicken and a pizzahut"
Ireland gone more folk song true to the country but they did it better
with ballads, Terry Wogan would be better presenting it on Radio or at least on tv sit
him in the corner like they do for the sign language people expressions on his face while commentating
would be far better.....

Eurovison has turned into a piss take on the musical culture of countries and shows no respect anymore

IPB

+Quote Post

sleepyhead
post May 13 2007, 08:29 PM
Post #6

Valued Member
Group Icon

Agree with all the above.
10-15 years ago I watched it every year, didn't watch it all this year at all..
too many countries voting for their best mate's entry.

Caught a little bit of the show when Norway won it, think it was the year before, they were tone deaf and so bad it wasn't true, as well as looking like something from a horror movie even when they removed their costumes/masks.

BTW Abba were and will always be Swedish.

+Quote Post

kylumi
post May 14 2007, 08:30 AM
Post #7

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

I only watched this show once in 1932................Terry Wogan was about 40y/o back then..........I remember thinking to myself..................."my god that man has a wonderful voice".............but, unfortunately he did not win.

I think Vera Lynn won that year..........she was only 12!

Don't quote me on this though....................it was a long time ago.

I have never seen that program since (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chin.gif)

PS: Was Vera Lynn singing in this one by any chance?

+Quote Post

cooper
post May 14 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #8

Valued Member
Group Icon

LOL I remember that one well (IMG:http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/241/hystericalbs1.gif)

Terry definitely should've won LOL

+Quote Post

Narchy
post May 15 2007, 06:11 AM
Post #9

New to the scene
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bazzah @ May 13 2007, 06:50 AM) [snapback]41916[/snapback]
Out of curiosity, do any countries outside of Europe get to see this farce? It is shown on BBC in the UK, which I know is shown internationally. So if you are outside of the UK, and have seen it, what do you think about the whole thing? Have you seen someone that can sing?

Here in Australia SBS, our free-to-air "multicultural" channel, broadcasts a delayed telecast (with Terry Wogans' commentary) EVERY YEAR.

Viewers ALWAYS contact the station demanding to know when the broadcast is going to be presented so they can plan their Eurovision parties (big gay community in Sydney).

This year they also broadcast the Preliminary Final and the San Remo Song Festival (from Italy). I'm sure I also remember them showing a Junior Eurovision contest in past years.

However, the best part of their Eurovision programming this year was a documentary called "Finland: Zero Points" which followed preparations for the Eurovision 2007 final in Helsinki, "an event that has symbolic meaning for the Finns..."
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/yawn.gif) (Am I yawning or singing?)

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post May 15 2007, 09:01 AM
Post #10

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

QUOTE(Narchy @ May 15 2007, 07:11 AM) [snapback]42013[/snapback]
Here in Australia SBS, our free-to-air "multicultural" channel, broadcasts a delayed telecast (with Terry Wogans' commentary) EVERY YEAR.

Viewers ALWAYS contact the station demanding to know when the broadcast is going to be presented so they can plan their Eurovision parties (big gay community in Sydney).

This year they also broadcast the Preliminary Final and the San Remo Song Festival (from Italy). I'm sure I also remember them showing a Junior Eurovision contest in past years.

However, the best part of their Eurovision programming this year was a documentary called "Finland: Zero Points" which followed preparations for the Eurovision 2007 final in Helsinki, "an event that has symbolic meaning for the Finns..."
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/yawn.gif) (Am I yawning or singing?)

heh - yawning, not singing. But we are talking about the Eurovision, so it is to be expected. I am just glad that I am not alone in thinking that none of these people really can sing/perform. Ok, they can sing a hundred times better than me, but that's why I am not a singer. Surely a contest like this would be far better if they used existing chart singers/groups to represent their country? The UK has an amazing amount of first class artists, but they choose to use Scooch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure1.gif) wtf??? I don't know anyone that would go and buy a scooch single.

IPB

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Mayhem · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 10th December 2016 - 08:50 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS