Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bazzah
post May 2 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #1

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

We have just finished moving our site to a brand new server. There were a few issues with the old DC, which have made us move to our new home. We are still located in the US, as 50% of our members are from the states. For anyone interested, the specs of the server are as follows:

CPU: 2.8ghz dual core (totalling 5.6Ghz)
RAM : 2 GB
HDD : 2x500GB (One backup drive)

During the coming weeks, you may find some issues with the site, while we tune it to perfection (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) If you notice ANYTHING out of the ordinary, please let me know. The members previously having problems with the resource gallery SHOULD now find it is ok. Again, please let me know.

IPB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

BearStyle
post May 2 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #2

Resident Bear
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

Sounds great bazzah, I'll keep an eye open for anything odd.
Keep up the brilliant work guys.
Cheers!

+Quote Post

sleepyhead
post May 3 2007, 03:42 AM
Post #3

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE(Bazzah @ May 2 2007, 07:25 PM) [snapback]41766[/snapback]
The members previously having problems with the resource gallery SHOULD now find it is ok. Again, please let me know.

Sorry Bazzah, still getting the following message in the Resource Section with IE7, doesn't matter which pic I click or how many times I try.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Its only a minor problem as I have Firefox installed and that works fine, just got used to using IE7 most of the time and I sometimes forget to switch browsers before I log in.
Other than that the site is great and thanks for all the hard work that you and the mods obviously do.

+Quote Post

golemeye
post May 3 2007, 06:23 AM
Post #4

The next Bond
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

QUOTE(sleepyhead @ May 2 2007, 09:42 PM) [snapback]41769[/snapback]
Sorry Bazzah, still getting the following message in the Resource Section with IE7, doesn't matter which pic I click or how many times I try.

Still the same for me too, except that I'm still using IE6.
Firefox still works fine.

Congrats on the new server B.

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post May 3 2007, 08:17 AM
Post #5

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

I have let the support team over at Invision know you are still having problems. I'll keep you updated.

IPB

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post May 4 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #6

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

You may have noticed a few posts have disappeared. If so, this means you are now successfully being routed to the new server. Also, if you are on the new server, you will notice some recent uploaded images are missing. Do not worry about these, they will be transferred. If however you are still seeing everything as normal, then you are logging on to the old server. Do not worry, as soon as your ISP's have updated their name servers, you will log onto the new server. Again, anything out of the ordinary, please let me know. During the coming weeks, we are going to have to tune the site, so things may not work 100% right away. Thank you for your patience.

IPB

+Quote Post

kylumi
post May 4 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #7

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

well hopefully this will solve my probs.......................well done bazzah (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post

iCoty
post May 5 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #8

New to the scene
Group Icon

Great to see the site moving forward!

+Quote Post

BearStyle
post May 5 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #9

Resident Bear
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

I'm guessing this ain't a real problem.. But for some reason I only get empty thumbnails in the gallery - for the newest additions. However, the thumbnails for "latest comments" (mine is apparently in Swedish so I'm just guessing that's what it's called) do appear. Is there an explanation for this?

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post May 5 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #10

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

Some of the images need to be manually moved to the new server. Do not worry. They have not been lost, and will be done very soon.

IPB

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post May 8 2007, 10:12 AM
Post #11

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

You have probably noticed the site has been off line for the last 12 hours. Unfortunately the site needs to be 'fine tuned' to handle the sort of load our site requires. This could take a few days, so please be patient while this is done. If the site should go off line again, it will be put back on ASAP.

IPB

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post May 9 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #12

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

Just an update - I have replaced the missing covers in the Cover Art gallery. It has also been brought to my attention that the server is only allowing uploads up to 2mb at the moment. This is being fixed.

IPB

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post May 9 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #13

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

Another update. You may have noticed the site has been up and down more than a prostitute on heat the last few days. The owners of the server believed there was a problem with the sites kernel. This has now been updated, and they are monitoring the site to see if it is now stable. Again, please accept my apologies for the unreliability of the site the last few days.

IPB

+Quote Post

corky
post May 9 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #14

Hires's Mum
Group Icon

No worries about the stability of the site (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif) , I shall leave off updating the resources for the time being, until everything is more or less normal lol. Gives me a chance to catch up on other projects lol. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post May 9 2007, 09:02 PM
Post #15

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

hehe, don't worry corkie..... I will let you know as soon as the site is stable enough again!! Can't having you slacking now can we? I mean, it's a least a few hours since you done something on the site

IPB

+Quote Post

ValueVPS
post May 11 2007, 07:41 AM
Post #16

New to the scene
Group Icon

Just a little update from starteckonline.com - At the time of writing, the new server has been up and running for 22 hours :-) There are still a few bits and bobs to be done like allowing you to upload 10mb files etc. Moving a website of this size (currently over 30gb compressed!) is no easy task, however, something that had to be done as we'd outgrown the old server.

This new server is going to be your new home for quite some time so we need to get everything 'just right' and we thank you for your patience during this time.

Server Uptime : http://72.232.46.138/~serverin/

All the best,

Dave

+Quote Post

megafree
post May 11 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #17

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

great work so far all.
any ETA on when we'll be able to up covers again?
the labels upload fine, but covers are still not getting there because of the file size restrictions.

just curious..again great work and the server is wicked fast.

cheers

+Quote Post

Randall_Lind
post Jul 11 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #18

New to the scene
Group Icon

Just wanted to say the new search bar etc is great. I loved the new look in the cover art area.

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Jul 11 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #19

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

why is it that when I look in the gallery all I see is dvd covers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chin.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · General Site News · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 2nd December 2016 - 05:58 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS