Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
user name
post Apr 21 2007, 04:37 AM
Post #1

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernies Collection

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Kernie82

I'm looking for a chain link fence texture or PSD. Or perhaps even a quality image that I might be able to extract the fence from.

Is there a way to create this texture in PS, if so link to a guide or someone willing to post one?

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks ahead of time, if you can help.....

IPB
But what do I know?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

zantasha
post Apr 23 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #2

Femme Fatale
Group Icon

Group: Members

Retired Master Designer

I'm sorry I don't get it.....what exactly are you looking for? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shrug.gif)

+Quote Post

user name
post Apr 23 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #3

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernies Collection

Kernie82

What I'd like to do is to add a chainlink fence effect over an image. I have a few high quality images of fences, but inorder to put it over another image and be able to see the bottom image I need to do a lot of erasing/cutting and it takes away from the quality of the fence. An example would be similar to just adding a layer colored blue and then lowering the opacity so that you can see through it. So I'm tryng to figure out a way to have a chain link fence pattern as a layer that I would have on top of a background to give it an effect. I don' understand why I can't get my idea across, because I know exactly what I'm talking about but can't seem to explain it.....hahaha

chain link fence example

IPB
But what do I know?

+Quote Post

zantasha
post Apr 23 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #4

Femme Fatale
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

I got it now...well there's more than one way to do it. you can either extract (default in CS) the fence which will a little difficult (but not too much) or use AUTOMASK 4.0 for easier extraction or you can draw a fence then using some filters like "Alien Skin Eye Candy 5: Impact" give it a metal look and then "Alien Skin Eye Candy 5: Nature" for apply some rust effect and then some burn tool to make it look more original and not to mention some bevel, shadow and lequify and light which will be harder way (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) . or send me the image and I'll extract it for you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)
I have some Chain and Fences brushes but not like that you showed in the picture.

a wild guess: do you want it for prison break?

+Quote Post

zantasha
post Apr 23 2007, 03:43 PM
Post #5

Femme Fatale
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

alright user name. extracted a hi-res image (3240x2175) of fence and upoaded in the download texture section. its a .png file with transparent background. hope this will be useful. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) it took just 2 minutes to extract it with automask (quick isn't it?)

Chainlink Fence

+Quote Post

user name
post Apr 23 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #6

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernies Collection

Kernie82

Thanks Z. Is automask expensive? I have the eyecandy plugins (free from school). If automask isn't to expensive maybe I'll buy that.

IPB
But what do I know?

+Quote Post

zantasha
post Apr 23 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #7

Femme Fatale
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

not that expensive. about 60$

+Quote Post

user name
post Apr 23 2007, 05:45 PM
Post #8

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernies Collection

Kernie82

That's not to bad. hey zantasha, not to push it with you, would you be able to make a mesh design? Say to fit on a 10 disc spine, like that of the fence you created me? If not thanks for the fence anyway, great 2 mins worth of work.

IPB
But what do I know?

+Quote Post

zantasha
post Apr 23 2007, 08:22 PM
Post #9

Femme Fatale
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

I would love to help you. but i'll need some example picture again to know what do you actually want (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

user name
post Apr 23 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #10

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernies Collection

Kernie82

ok great,

Can you make something like this to fit a spine for a 10-disc case. and if possible could you make one that would cover an entire 10disc case as well?

Mesh

If I'm asking for too much please let me know. I don't want to start to become a pest to you.

IPB
But what do I know?

+Quote Post

zantasha
post Apr 23 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #11

Femme Fatale
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

I'll see what i can do. and don't worry, I'm here to help and share (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

chefjoe
post Apr 23 2007, 11:09 PM
Post #12

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

umi & nini

wow, Z I looked up automask and they quote $ 99

+Quote Post

zantasha
post Apr 23 2007, 11:48 PM
Post #13

Femme Fatale
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

maybe chefjoe...but i paid 60$ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif) ...actually i paid for bundle price and got other plugins from humansofware as well (DesignCollection Gold bundle) . it has 5 complete plugins. maybe that's why but i'm pretty sure i paid 60 for this

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Design Questions · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 4th December 2016 - 10:28 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS