Tagline
Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bazzah
post Jul 8 2020, 09:25 AM
Post #1

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,352

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

We are having a one off competition, especially for our designers. All of our Cover and Advanced designers are invited to take part, and the prize is a promotion to the Master Designer group. A theme will be selected for the participants, who will then have 4 weeks to create their master-piece. The entries will then be anonymously sent to Kernie, who will have one week to carefully judge and select the winner and our new Master Designer!

Here are the rules

Kernies Master Designer Invitational

• The competition is open to all Cover and Advanced Designers

• A theme will be chosen by the site staff and sent to the entrants on July 10th

• Competitors will have 4 weeks to create a single DVD or Bluray cover, and email it to competition@hirescovers.net. Entries must have been received by 23.59 GMT August 7th

• Entries will then be anonymously sent to Kernie, who will have one week to judge the entries based on four categories (Originality/Quality/Skill/Effort). Previews of the entries will be posted to the forums

• The highest score on Kernies scorecard will be promoted to Master Designer.

Standard HiResCovers competition rules apply. Covers must be the sole work of the designer and not shared with any other person or website until after the competition. If you have any questions, then please send me a PM.

IPB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       bojka123, Fidi, Jazzy, MikeConnelly, pytlaczek, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

sauron
post Jul 8 2020, 07:55 PM
Post #2

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Coverart: 154

Looking forward to seeing all the entries - good luck everyone.

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:
       Bazzah, bojka123, ctaulbee, Jazzy, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Bunny Dojo
post Jul 8 2020, 09:54 PM
Post #3

( •ᴥ• )
Group Icon

Coverart: 384
Label Of The Month

The Advanced Designer & Cover Designer groups are full of talented individuals, an exciting lineup of rising stars and longtime favorites. I hope all of you decide to participate.

One thing is certain when looking at the names of those invited: the list of Master Designers is about to have a very worthy new addition. cheers.gif

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To Bunny Dojo For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, kalell75, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo, weyn

M0vieM0nster
post Jul 8 2020, 11:36 PM
Post #4

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

Coverart: 72

So i can't? Sounds great, amazing idea though 8834.gif

This post has been edited by M0vieM0nster: Jul 8 2020, 11:37 PM

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To M0vieM0nster For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

tmscrapbook
post Jul 9 2020, 01:00 AM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Cover Designer

Coverart: 13,578

Should be an interesting competition 8834.gif

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To tmscrapbook For This Post:

Kernie
post Jul 9 2020, 01:34 AM
Post #6

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Master Designer

Coverart: 5,523
Label Of The Year

Hoping to see some incredible entries and I'm honored to be asked to judge your masterpieces! 8824.gif 8824.gif 8824.gif

Not sure why Bazzah is branding this as "my" competition... it wasn't my idea, I'm just the judge! Send any complaints about the competition to Bazzah, and PM all bribes to me! 8824.gif 8824.gif 8824.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       Bazzah, garsted, Jazzy, kalell75, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Bazzah
post Jul 9 2020, 10:42 AM
Post #7

Site Owner
Group Icon

All HiRes designers

QUOTE (Kernie @ Jul 9 2020, 02:34 AM) *
Hoping to see some incredible entries and I'm honored to be asked to judge your masterpieces! 8824.gif 8824.gif 8824.gif

Not sure why Bazzah is branding this as "my" competition... it wasn't my idea, I'm just the judge! Send any complaints about the competition to Bazzah, and PM all bribes to me! 8824.gif 8824.gif 8824.gif

It was actually Bunny Dojo's idea wink.gif But you are the one who ultimately decides who our new Master Designer is going to be, so it is therefore your invitational 8824.gif

And as such, you must take complete responsibility, and that includes complaints lol.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       ctaulbee, Jazzy, kalell75, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Speedz0r
post Jul 9 2020, 12:19 PM
Post #8

Extinct
Group Icon

Coverart: 196
xshoty & Kernie

Attached File  tenor.gif ( 854.16K ) Number of downloads: 0

IPB
My YT Gaming Channel
Please keep my covers on this site and this site only!

+Quote Post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You To Speedz0r For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, kalell75, Nightrider, sauron, VincentLupo

Kernie
post Jul 9 2020, 02:08 PM
Post #9

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Label Of The Year

Thank you, Bazzah. While I jest, I am fully prepared for the responsibility and I will absolutely be taking my role as judge very seriously.

I will however offer this bit of advice to all entrants: be sure to proofread all text on your covers, because I certainly will be doing so. A magnificent cover with a typo will be ranked beneath less magnificent covers with zero errors. I am a stickler for these sort of details. So please make the judging process more difficult by making your covers flawless on a technical level.

Since Bazzah has bestowed such huge responsibility upon me, I will use said responsibility to point out to Bazzah that he needs to edit his original post for typographical and grammatical errors. There should be an apostrophe in “Kernie’s.” It’s a possessive noun. Proofread, boss! 8824.gif 8824.gif 8824.gif

This post has been edited by Kernie: Jul 9 2020, 02:09 PM

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, kalell75, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Bazzah
post Jul 9 2020, 02:16 PM
Post #10

Site Owner
Group Icon

All HiRes designers

QUOTE (Kernie @ Jul 9 2020, 03:08 PM) *
Thank you, Bazzah. While I jest, I am fully prepared for the responsibility and I will absolutely be taking my role as judge very seriously.

I will however offer this bit of advice to all entrants: be sure to proofread all text on your covers, because I certainly will be doing so.

Since Bazzah has bestowed such huge responsibility upon me, I will use said responsibility to point out to Bazzah that he needs to edit his original post for typographical and grammatical errors. There should be an apostrophe in “Kernie’s.” It’s a possessive noun. Proofread, boss! 8824.gif 8824.gif 8824.gif

You're welcome Kernie 8824.gif

With regard to the texts, if English is not your native language then please feel free to contact me and I will help you with any English spelling etc.

And if there is anyone that can help me to help you, seeing as Kernie has pointed out my huge grammatical error, it would be greatly appreciated 8824.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       ctaulbee, Jazzy, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

ctaulbee
post Jul 9 2020, 03:41 PM
Post #11

The Devil's Hand
Group Icon

Coverart: 2,137

QUOTE (Kernie @ Jul 9 2020, 09:08 AM) *

cow_laughing.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To ctaulbee For This Post:
       Bazzah, Jazzy, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

M0vieM0nster
post Jul 9 2020, 04:42 PM
Post #12

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

Coverart: 72

QUOTE (Bazzah @ Jul 9 2020, 03:16 PM) *
You're welcome Kernie 8824.gif

With regard to the texts, if English is not your native language then please feel free to contact me and I will help you with any English spelling etc.

And if there is anyone that can help me to help you, seeing as Kernie has pointed out my huge grammatical error, it would be greatly appreciated 8824.gif

Happy to help out but would much rather be able to enter tongue.gif

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To M0vieM0nster For This Post:

Bazzah
post Jul 9 2020, 07:28 PM
Post #13

Site Owner
Group Icon

All HiRes designers

QUOTE (ctaulbee @ Jul 9 2020, 04:41 PM) *
cow_laughing.gif

You can stop laughing tongue.gif

QUOTE (M0vieM0nster @ Jul 9 2020, 05:42 PM) *
Happy to help out but would much rather be able to enter tongue.gif

Sorry buddy, it is just for Cover and Advanced designers

IPB

+Quote Post

Kernie
post Jul 9 2020, 08:52 PM
Post #14

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Label Of The Year

QUOTE (Bazzah @ Jul 9 2020, 03:28 PM) *
Sorry buddy, it is just for Cover and Advanced designers

When this competition is over, perhaps a second contest to fill the Cover Designer seat that was vacated in the MD promotion? Maybe that could be open to everyone? And let another seasoned MD judge that one?

MovieMonster, an MD promotion from a non-designer rank might be a bit too much of a jump in the line. Weren’t you higher up on the ladder at one point? I’d certainly support the possibility of a contest to restore a demoted contributor to their former status, but that’s a conversation for a later time.

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:

Bazzah
post Jul 9 2020, 09:30 PM
Post #15

Site Owner
Group Icon

All HiRes designers

We do have a couple of other contests that we have been discussing. But any contest that we run with a promotion as a prize, would have to have contribution points taken into account.

IPB

+Quote Post

xshoty
post Jul 10 2020, 12:09 PM
Post #16

El Kapitano
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Coverart: 477

QUOTE (Kernie @ Jul 9 2020, 12:52 PM) *
When this competition is over, perhaps a second contest to fill the Cover Designer seat that was vacated in the MD promotion? Maybe that could be open to everyone? And let another seasoned MD judge that one?

MovieMonster, an MD promotion from a non-designer rank might be a bit too much of a jump in the line. Weren’t you higher up on the ladder at one point? I’d certainly support the possibility of a contest to restore a demoted contributor to their former status, but that’s a conversation for a later time.

The fact is MovieMonster have the talented to be part of this competition, to be honest and maybe people will not love what i'll said but i never like it the way of number of upload sometimes is more important than talented to be a master designer. I was master designer before so because im only a simple member now i cant participate but clearly i have the talented to be part of this competition cause i was master designer. (To be honest i dont care about enter to the competition it was only an example.)

This is only what i have to say good competition to everyone, have fun and good luck !

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To xshoty For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Fidi, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Bazzah
post Jul 10 2020, 01:20 PM
Post #17

Site Owner
Group Icon

All HiRes designers

I understand what you are saying xshoty, but we cannot have a Master Designer who does not upload any covers. The same as designers and contributors. Otherwise we could have ten times of the amount of designers we have now wink.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

ctaulbee, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Kernie
post Jul 10 2020, 01:31 PM
Post #18

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Label Of The Year

QUOTE (xshoty @ Jul 10 2020, 08:09 AM) *
The fact is MovieMonster have the talented to be part of this competition, to be honest and maybe people will not love what i'll said but i never like it the way of number of upload sometimes is more important than talented to be a master designer. I was master designer before so because im only a simple member now i cant participate but clearly i have the talented to be part of this competition cause i was master designer. (To be honest i dont care about enter to the competition it was only an example.)

This is only what i have to say good competition to everyone, have fun and good luck !

I am not disputing MovieMonster's talents, nor am I questioning your talent. I am not sure what circumstances led to your current status, or MovieMonster's current status. I have no part in the decision to demote someone to a lesser rank.

I can't think of a single Designer who was ever promoted simply because of their "number of uploads." A balance between quantity, quality, and site activity must exist. We have longtime contributors here who have huge Gallery Counts, but never achieve the level of MD for one reason or another. I've also seen incredibly talented people get fast-tracked promotions to various Designer levels, and then disappear.

Some Master Designers, like yourself, have moved on to other things and have stopped uploading new covers regularly. You have made a huge name for yourself on Instagram and are generating more praise and popularity than any Master Designer at HiResCovers has ever seen, and for that I applaud you. Your talent is phenomenal and the world at large is taking notice. I completely respect the name and reputation that you have created for yourself. However, while you're focusing your attention on more fruitful ventures elsewhere, we have other talented, up-and-coming designers (likely inspired by your work) making regular contributions to our cover community.

This current competition is about giving active designers an opportunity to achieve a Master Designer spot. And like I said in the post that you quoted, I am more than willing to support future competition ideas that allow contributors to climb the ladder and for retired designers to reclaim their titles, so long as they demonstrate a renewed level of activity in our HiResCovers community.

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Fidi, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, sauron, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo

Bazzah
post Jul 10 2020, 01:59 PM
Post #19

Site Owner
Group Icon

All HiRes designers

yeahthat.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

ctaulbee, Jazzy, M0vieM0nster, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Bunny Dojo
post Jul 10 2020, 06:32 PM
Post #20

( •ᴥ• )
Group Icon

Coverart: 384
Label Of The Month

QUOTE (Kernie @ Jul 10 2020, 09:31 AM) *
so long as they demonstrate a renewed level of activity in our HiResCovers community.

True, that's the most important part.

If Xshoty uploads 1 new cover and says "I want Master Designer status again," it will happen instantly, and everyone will be thrilled. 8834.gif

M0vieM0nster still needs ~3 covers before March 2021, but when that happens it will be the easiest vote this site has ever seen to award him Cover Designer status (on the immediate path to Advanced Designer and Master Designer, if he wants).

The current number of ~6 covers/labels per year, with a minimum of 1 upload every 5 months, is not perfect -- Paris and M0vieM0nster come to mind as two very vital contributors who have been hurt by it -- but in general it seems like a reasonable expectation for an active designer.

+Quote Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You To Bunny Dojo For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Fidi, Jazzy, kalell75, M0vieM0nster, sauron, Speedz0r, VincentLupo

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Other Competitions · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 3rd August 2020 - 02:33 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS