Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
drastija
post Feb 26 2007, 07:27 PM
Post #1

Little Devil
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

The world of design can be a ruthless one; not only do you spend most of your time pondering and tweaking minute details that most people find insignificant – and most likely won't even notice – you also get lured into developing anti-social habits like font-spotting and source-code peeping.

Learn to spot the warning signs in time – you know you're becoming a design geek when:

1. You giggle whenever you use the colors F0CCED, EFF0FF and 44DDDD
2. You’re in the sun and you look around for a Drop Shadow to sit under.
3. You give your relatives a lecture about color spaces and profiles when you email them your vacation photos.
4. Seing someone use Lens Flare or Comic Sans adversely affects your blood-pressure
5. You maintain a grid system for your refrigerator magnets.
6. You organise your CD collection according to the Pantone chart.
7. You sit at work for eight hours straight just looking at your monitor, waiting for a spark of inspiration that doesn't come.
8. You're up 'til 5am because you came up with the best idea ever while brushing your teeth.
9. The hottest dream you ever had was "Trace contour... Find Edges... Pinch... Extrude... Smudge Stick... Motion Blur.... Sprayed Strokes..."
10. You know Lorem Ipsum by heart.
11. Your kid knows Lorem Ipsum by heart.
12. The preschool teacher complains your child won't color inside or outside the lines – only indicate colors on a separate sheet.
13. Activating your entire font collection makes your computer crash – and you're running OSX.
14. You deliberately butcher your perfectly cross browser compatible site in IE by placing a “Too Cool for IE” banner on it.
15. You prefer a Layer Style of 50% Opacity (or less) on your wife’s Satin.
16. You spend $200 on a font for your personal website because "it's the only one where the lower-case g is just right..."
17. Looking at a menu make you go "hmmm, ITC Baskerville italic" rather than "mmmm, lunch!"
18. And when you finally order, you go for Layer Based Slices with Grain Texture...
19. You use words about fonts you dislike that other normal people reserve for fascist dictators and serial killers.
20. Apple+Z is the first thing that goes through your mind if you drop and break something.
21. You refer to colleagues as Strict, Transitional, Loose and the Future Unemployed.
22. You refer to your privates as "the Magic Wand".
23. You actually understand this post and pass it on to your friends.

IPB
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,
there you long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

nonini
post Feb 26 2007, 07:54 PM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

hahahaha (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biglol.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biglol.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biglol.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

chefjoe
post Feb 26 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #3

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

My Favorite Cover Designer:
umi & nini

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/giggle.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ashamed.gif)

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Feb 26 2007, 08:37 PM
Post #4

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

Eh? No, I don't understand any of them - honestly!!!!

IPB

+Quote Post

*Krafty*
post Feb 26 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #5

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

No ...nor me!!??

Oh! Except the CD in the order of a pantone chart.......

oh and finding shade when I can.....

Oh and........lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

IPB
It has been a long time. Still two years to go.
Have been away a long time and still time to do.....

+Quote Post

Storm Raider
post Feb 27 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #6

Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Members

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Miss Potter by Venome

To many to choose from

pfft thank god im not a geek yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biglol.gif)

+Quote Post

manwe
post Mar 27 2007, 11:51 PM
Post #7

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Group: Members

oh my god.....I have not been making covers for so long .......but this is like you have been reading my diary...Not that I keep one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)
20. Apple+Z is the first thing that goes through your mind if you drop and break something.
this is what I think every time...lol
good one..make it your self?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Mayhem · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 4th December 2016 - 12:09 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS