Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
jack_spug
post Feb 24 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #1

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

I tried making a box for the first two seasons of Stargate Atlantis and after spending ages putting the front together I lost it a bit and messed up the back, so I really don't like it.

Any hints, please? Especially how to improve the cast pics on the front to make the cropped images look better and what can be done with the back.

Thanks.

Here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

nonini
post Feb 24 2007, 08:18 PM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

hello jack

I will try to give some advice: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

front:
Maybe you can lose the picture behind the city.
I would not blend the Stargate ring.
And about the people, maybe you can do them black and white or one color if you can't find enough highress sources.

back:
I would lose the green block, maybe you can use an other template or do it custom yourself.
If you want to keep it then make it a different color than green. Use the light blue or the dark blue from the front.
The credits are way to small.

spine:
I think the spine is to busy with all the logo's

Hope this helps you and maybe you can use some ideas.
Maybe some other members can give their ideas also.

cheers nonini. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

ps: try to link the cover correct so they can see it in the forum right away. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

zantasha
post Feb 24 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #3

Femme Fatale
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Yeah Nonini made valid points. and I'd use a ship or some planet image on the spine rather than those 2 characters. Remove the Rating logo from the spine and also the Cat No. and place DVD logo at the bottom. And if you're not gonna add any more image on the back, I'd suggest you to make Episode Lists a little bigger as there's a lot of free space there. Plus you can try adding some box (kind of High-Tech) around the Episode Lists.

+Quote Post

jack_spug
post Feb 26 2007, 08:08 AM
Post #4

Valued Member
Group Icon

Thank you, I'll have another go.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 10th December 2016 - 08:49 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS