Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Kernie
post Feb 1 2020, 01:27 AM
Post #1

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Master Designer

Coverart: 5,276
Label Of The Year

Okay, enough stalling... I'm finally at a point where I'm ready to share my progress on my Avengers: Endgame cover!

From the moment that I finished my previous cover for Infinity War, I knew this one was going to be an even bigger challenge with even more characters. And then when I saw the "Portals" scene from Endgame, I knew that I needed to include every character from that battle scene (and then some) on my cover.

Disney and Marvel made my task more difficult by keeping the marketing for this movie so tight-lipped that barely any accurate images of the characters appeared on high-resolution imagery. So it was next to impossible to find suitable materials for Fat Thor, Professor Hulk, short-hair Captain Marvel, and so on. The dusted characters were a bit easier, since their looks didn't change from Infinity War's promo imagery. The biggest challenge I had was... how the hell am I going to give Valkyrie her pegasus?

I feel I did the best I could with what was available, so without any further ado, here is my front keyart for Avengers: Endgame!

Attached File  endgame_preview.jpg ( 805.77K ) Number of downloads: 64

I'm still working on the back portion of the cover, which will feature Thanos and his army. I have nothing worth showing for that just yet, but I hope to have an update soon. I'm moving a little slower these days while juggling work and two little kids, but I'm still finding little bits and pieces of time to relax and make some new designs.

Instead of posting images showing my Work-In-Progress, I decided to edit a little video showing the effort that went into bringing this keyart together. For example, the Dr. Strange portal is a custom effect, the characters have all been recolored, some elements are 3D models, and some characters are literally Frankenstein-ed together out of various different images.

I hope this gives a bit of insight into my process and maybe sparks some ideas in others. Take a look...

I apologize for not sharing more updates during the making of this keyart. Like Infinity War, I knew this was going to be a big challenge with a lot of factors influencing every single decision. I tend to second-guess myself when trying to accommodate WIP suggestions, so I avoided showing my progress in an effort to stay focused on my vision for this cover.

I'd love to hear any feedback on this design (keeping in mind that this is locked and I'm not making any changes from this point forward). This damn thing is a Rubik's cube and any minor change throws other elements out of whack!

All the best,

- Kernie

IPB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       Bazzah, Bozzy, ctaulbee, kalell75, M0vieM0nster, merdec, MikeConnelly, pytlaczek, RRJR84, sauron, Sorata, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo

crushem
post Feb 1 2020, 01:40 AM
Post #2

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Subscriber

that's amazing already a masterpiece !!!

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To crushem For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, kalell75, sauron, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo

ctaulbee
post Feb 1 2020, 01:51 AM
Post #3

The Devil's Hand
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,851
HiRes Challenge
Cover Of The Month
Label Of The Month

That's incredible Kernie, thanks for making the video I'm sure it took a lot of time as well. icon_cool.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To ctaulbee For This Post:
       Bazzah, Jazzy, kalell75, sauron, Sorata, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo

Sorata
post Feb 1 2020, 01:55 AM
Post #4

Valued Member
Group Icon

Coverart: 33

I’m in awe.... it’s really amazing! I can only imagine the time you spent on this. Really amazing skills you got there.

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To Sorata For This Post:

xshoty
post Feb 1 2020, 04:12 AM
Post #5

El Kapitano
Group Icon

Coverart: 477

All i can say is massive skill ! I really love the way you construct, recoloring, adjusting all the character you know some tutorial on youtube for this ? Also the way you made your TT is awesome do you have some tips to do this too hehe! i hope one day i can do this !

+Quote Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You To xshoty For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, kalell75, sauron, Sorata, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo

Arkflip
post Feb 1 2020, 09:45 AM
Post #6

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Coverart: 54

My Favorite Cover Designer:
ShokXoneStudios; BunnyDojo

I just pooped my pants!

IPB
Practice custom Blu-Ray covers, DVD covers and other stuff designs are displayed solely for the purpose of demonstrating design skills
and are no way intended to infringe upon the copyrights of the owners of the respective images with which they were designed.

Thank you for reading.

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To Arkflip For This Post:

kalell75
post Feb 1 2020, 09:52 AM
Post #7

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

Coverart: 18

Absolutely amazing, truly belongs in an art gallery...just speechless

+Quote Post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You To kalell75 For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, sauron, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo

sauron
post Feb 1 2020, 10:07 AM
Post #8

Dark Lord of Mordor
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Coverart: 154

Holy moly! That is absolutely amazing! Every last detail is thought about and the amount of work you put into this is crazy but it shows why the artwork you create is so good.

Excellent work Kernie!

+Quote Post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You To sauron For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, kalell75, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo

Bazzah
post Feb 1 2020, 11:53 AM
Post #9

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

Coverart: 1,268

All HiRes designers

This has to be some of your most impressive work so far! It is no wonder it has taken so long. It is genius that you have managed to fit all those characters in, the way you have. Stunning design buddy 8834.gif

And that WIP video is just awesome 8824.gif It allows us to appreciate your designs even more!

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You To Bazzah For This Post:
       ctaulbee, Jazzy, kalell75, sauron, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo

Jazzy
post Feb 1 2020, 02:12 PM
Post #10

It's 5 O'Clock... Beer Time
Group Icon

Coverart: 480

Wow... just Wow!

+Quote Post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You To Jazzy For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, kalell75, sauron, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo

Punisherchad
post Feb 1 2020, 02:17 PM
Post #11

The Punisher
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernie82's Comic Collection

Kernie

Wow, thanks for sharing the video. I knew a lot went into these but, damn dude! Looking fantastic, loved the little animation at the beginning!

+Quote Post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You To Punisherchad For This Post:

Bunny Dojo
post Feb 1 2020, 06:34 PM
Post #12

( •ᴥ• )
Group Icon

Coverart: 375

If ever there was a front cover deserving of reveal in a video of glorious grand-scale music and flying sparks, this is the one.

It was clear from your previous forum posts that you put a lot of pressure on yourself to deliver something astounding for this title. But, the all-encompassing heft of this is beyond any expectations. Well done on setting your sights sky-high and meeting them with aplomb. It will be a big day on here when you create a post showcasing the final lineup.

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To Bunny Dojo For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, JollyRoger, kalell75, sauron, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo

Speedz0r
post Feb 1 2020, 11:42 PM
Post #13

Extinct
Group Icon

Coverart: 190
xshoty & Kernie

WOW! This is some unbelievable next level thing you're doing, just wow! You should do a Youtube series like this on every cover you make, it makes the work even more impressive and we can truly appreciate all the incredible work that gets put in to your covers! PS: I also really like what you did with Ant-Man, really clever wink.gif

IPB
My YT Gaming Channel
Please keep my covers on this site and this site only!

+Quote Post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You To Speedz0r For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, sauron, stampe, VincentLupo

Kernie
post Feb 2 2020, 12:31 AM
Post #14

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Label Of The Year

QUOTE (crushem @ Jan 31 2020, 08:40 PM) *
that's amazing already a masterpiece !!!

Thank you very much, crushem!

QUOTE (ctaulbee @ Jan 31 2020, 08:51 PM) *
That's incredible Kernie, thanks for making the video I'm sure it took a lot of time as well. icon_cool.gif

Not nearly as long as the keyart itself. The video only took about a day or two... it's mostly a slideshow of screenshots. The opening/closing animation was rendered in 4K and took about 26 hours to render, mainly because the actual high-resolution keyart is 7500px square. I just let it run when I went to bed.

QUOTE (Sorata @ Jan 31 2020, 08:55 PM) *
I’m in awe.... it’s really amazing! I can only imagine the time you spent on this. Really amazing skills you got there.

About two months... I started the design on December 3rd, but I was gathering resources and planning it out long before that.

QUOTE (xshoty @ Jan 31 2020, 11:12 PM) *
All i can say is massive skill ! I really love the way you construct, recoloring, adjusting all the character you know some tutorial on youtube for this ? Also the way you made your TT is awesome do you have some tips to do this too hehe! i hope one day i can do this !

I make the title treatment in Illustrator, either by using an official vector file or recreating it from a raster version. Most 3D programs will let you import the vector paths from Illustrator and then extrude them into 3D. I use the 3D Invigorator plug-in with After Effects mostly out of habit, but I have done some title treatments in Cinema 4D as well. I don't bother with colors and textures in the 3D software, I export the layers to Photoshop and do all of the color and texture in there. I feel it gives me more control over the final look of the title treatment to do it this way.

QUOTE (Arkflip @ Feb 1 2020, 04:45 AM) *
I just pooped my pants!

I'm sorry to do that to you, buddy! 8824.gif

QUOTE (kalell75 @ Feb 1 2020, 04:52 AM) *
Absolutely amazing, truly belongs in an art gallery...just speechless

Thank you very much... that is quite a compliment! 8824.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, JollyRoger, sauron, Sorata, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo

Kernie
post Feb 2 2020, 12:32 AM
Post #15

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Label Of The Year

QUOTE (sauron @ Feb 1 2020, 05:07 AM) *
Holy moly! That is absolutely amazing! Every last detail is thought about and the amount of work you put into this is crazy but it shows why the artwork you create is so good.

Excellent work Kernie!

Thanks, sauron! Thank you for noticing the details! There were certainly days where I would just stare at the canvas and think. I may have started going a little crazy.

QUOTE (Bazzah @ Feb 1 2020, 06:53 AM) *
This has to be some of your most impressive work so far! It is no wonder it has taken so long. It is genius that you have managed to fit all those characters in, the way you have. Stunning design buddy 8834.gif

And that WIP video is just awesome 8824.gif It allows us to appreciate your designs even more!

Thanks, boss! There's always a fine line between genius or madness... not sure what I did here, but I appreciate that you leaned toward genius! 8824.gif

QUOTE (Jazzy @ Feb 1 2020, 09:12 AM) *
Wow... just Wow!

Thanks, Jazzy!

QUOTE (Punisherchad @ Feb 1 2020, 09:17 AM) *
Wow, thanks for sharing the video. I knew a lot went into these but, damn dude! Looking fantastic, loved the little animation at the beginning!

Glad you liked the video! The little animation was something I just couldn't resist doing... especially with already having an animated portal.

QUOTE (Bunny Dojo @ Feb 1 2020, 01:34 PM) *
If ever there was a front cover deserving of reveal in a video of glorious grand-scale music and flying sparks, this is the one.

It was clear from your previous forum posts that you put a lot of pressure on yourself to deliver something astounding for this title. But, the all-encompassing heft of this is beyond any expectations. Well done on setting your sights sky-high and meeting them with aplomb. It will be a big day on here when you create a post showcasing the final lineup.

Thanks, Tim! I certainly felt a lot of pressure to follow up my Infinity War cover with something bigger. I'm glad you think I hit the mark! 8824.gif

QUOTE (Speedz0r @ Feb 1 2020, 06:42 PM) *
WOW! This is some unbelievable next level thing you're doing, just wow! You should do a Youtube series like this on every cover you make, it makes the work even more impressive and we can truly appreciate all the incredible work that gets put in to your covers! PS: I also really like what you did with Ant-Man, really clever wink.gif

If I have the time, maybe I'll continue the video WIP in the future. Although I doubt there will be many future covers with the amount of work as this one required.

Keeping Ant-Man and Wasp in their shrunken state was about 1/3 clever and 2/3 necessity. I needed more space to fit in all of the other characters! 8824.gif

For about two seconds, I considered having Giant-Man looming in the background but I quickly realized that it would take away valuable real estate from the flying characters. Plus, it would be tough to balance something of that size with the rest of the layout. So I did a little shrinking effect on him and it saved me a lot of room for the rest of the Avengers!

---

Thanks again to everyone who commented! It's always nerve-racking to post something after such a long development process. I'm so happy to see this keyart being met with such a positive response! 8824.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, Jazzy, sauron, Sorata, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo

Fidi
post Feb 2 2020, 08:13 AM
Post #16

Current Foreign Tool
Group Icon

Coverart: 286
Cover Of The Year

Charlie and the... by Zungam

Thank you for that video, it's always a joy to see how people put their artworks together.

You've done a good job on crafting and coloring all that characters but for me most impressive is the creation of that 3D models like Pegasus, Cap's shield or the portal. I knew you're doing your own 3D titles outside of Photoshop but creating missing elements for some images by yourself is new - at least for me. wink.gif

The only thing is I don't know where to look at first. 8824.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To Fidi For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, sauron, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo

cas
post Feb 2 2020, 10:00 AM
Post #17

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

wow woowwowo truly amazing work it is going to truly amazing to see the whole cover, how about a wallpaper of the front

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To cas For This Post:

Kernie
post Feb 2 2020, 10:23 AM
Post #18

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Label Of The Year

QUOTE (Fidi @ Feb 2 2020, 03:13 AM) *
Thank you for that video, it's always a joy to see how people put their artworks together.

You've done a good job on crafting and coloring all that characters but for me most impressive is the creation of that 3D models like Pegasus, Cap's shield or the portal. I knew you're doing your own 3D titles outside of Photoshop but creating missing elements for some images by yourself is new - at least for me. wink.gif

The only thing is I don't know where to look at first. 8824.gif

Sorry, I may have accidentally misrepresented my work with the 3D elements.

In my haste to put together the WIP video, I should have been more specific about where the 3D models came from.

To give full credit where credit is due, the Benatar is a model from Sketchfab by Naruret Limst. The Pegasus is from Sketchfab by Protofactor, Inc. Also from Sketchfab is the Quinjet by hippiebrother3.

Cap's shield is a 3D model from Turbosquid by 3D_molier international.

The Wakanda Talon Fighter is from BlendSwap by ChrisKuhn.

I wish I knew how to create and texture 3D models the way these amazing artists do. Sorry for giving the impression that I custom-built everything. It was not my intention and simply an oversight on my part.

However, the 3D title treatment and Doctor Strange portal are custom creations that I made myself.

QUOTE (cas @ Feb 2 2020, 05:00 AM) *
wow woowwowo truly amazing work it is going to truly amazing to see the whole cover, how about a wallpaper of the front

Thanks, cas. Maybe I'll share a wallpaper at some point when the cover is closer to being done. 8824.gif

IPB

+Quote Post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You To Kernie For This Post:

RRJR84
post Feb 2 2020, 07:22 PM
Post #19

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Coverart: 885

Avengers - Kernie

Kernie

I'm in awe there are no words to express the skill and effort it took to create this cover. I never realized you used so many programs to do all this.

The body extensions were cool and impressive enough, but all the repositioning of body parts is jaw draw dropping combined with the enhancements.

This is already cover of the year for 2020. I understand why it takes so much time to do these covers. You always seem to out due yourself time and time again.

You did truly amazing job thanks for all the hard work

+Quote Post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You To RRJR84 For This Post:
       Bazzah, ctaulbee, sauron, Sorata, Speedz0r, stampe, VincentLupo

redt8tr
post Feb 2 2020, 08:14 PM
Post #20

Valued Member
Group Icon

Coverart: 66

Brilliant work! Just amazing! You truly have a ingenious talent! It must take a lot of patience to put together a work of art like that.

+Quote Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You To redt8tr For This Post:

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Show Case · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 23rd February 2020 - 03:32 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS