Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic

ubl6612
post Feb 9 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #2

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Stargate - The Movie by Powers

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Scaramanga

have seen your stuff for many years. You should not have a problem getting in. Do you have any covers that was made after 2003? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

LEGO
post Feb 9 2007, 08:15 PM
Post #3

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

Yes i have a few...hehe...
I'm currently working on several covers to....
I will post them when they are finished (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

and thanx (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Feb 9 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #4

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

aileen looks good, dances with wolves is a nice cover let down by a couple of poor scans. try and avoid using scanned pics when making customs.Delta force is a SCAN, re typing the credits doesn't make it a custom.nice job on the fargo scan.(but its R2 not R1) NEMO, good front image but the back images look poor in comparrison.Flesh and blood, again NOT custom..poor scan dont know what its doing in the gallery(wheres FILMBOY gone???)the Hunted.again part scan. Lock up i cant make my mind uop about the front,but the back image looks a little low res.Ken park, a film ive never heard of but now want to see(for some strange reason).invasion USA, again poor scan with retyped credits.True romance, another cover with poor scans and dodgy flood fill(slaters fingers)

dont get me wrong and think im being picky, im just giving you an honest opinion,based on these i dont think your good enough yet.sorry.

>PS ubl 'look before you leap' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif)

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post Feb 10 2007, 11:36 AM
Post #5

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Scaramanga

you're right henry might have been leaping a little to fast, I guess I just saw an old familiar name. About the part scans part custom, I was a bit unsure about what to with those, since they were different from the retail I couldn't classify them as rebuilds. For the moment I have approved them but, I'm gonna let Bazzah take a look at them too.

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Feb 10 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #6

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

Moved Delta Force to scans (I done this with a couple, but obviously missed some).

Flesh and Blood - I was in two minds about this one. It's certainly not the best scan we have, but I didnt think it was that bad (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure1.gif)

Hunted - Agreed partial scan, and therefore should come under scans, not custom.

Lock up - Moved to the rejected bin. Images are too low res.

Invasion USA - An interesting one. The back looks like a simple level adjustment would make it ok, but as is, it is too poor quality. Theres something going on with Chucks head on the front too. His top head is ok, then there is a division line, where it turns bad. A bit like a plasma TV with the contrast too high! I have rejected this one.

True Romance - This should fall under scans, as a large amount of this is a scan. Questionable if it should be rejected though. The front has been poorly executed, but does it fail to meet the upload rules??

IPB

+Quote Post

LEGO
post Feb 10 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #7

New to the scene
Group Icon

Ok...im all for oppinions, and i agree with the fact that there are parts of scanned images used that could have been in greater resolution, but when you make custom covers u tend to use what u can get, and make the best of it...now what is a custom cover? well in my oppinion it is when you alter the cover in any way shape or form, even if u just change a front to another that looks better to u, its a custom cover!

And about the delta force cover, there are only 2 scanned images on there, i have included the file whithout the scanned parts, and to say that that isn't a custom cover, then i don't know what is!

Seems to me that a scan is...well just that a scan.....not altered in any way. Sure the resolution of the scanned parts could be better, i just use what i can find....sometimes i get a hold of original artwork and sometimes i get crappy images of the web, but i think that is part of the charm in making custom covers...cause in the end, when printed on to paper, u would have to use a magnefying glass to notice the crappy images....

Lets face it...its replacementcovers not posters....or am i wrong?!

Anyway...most of the covers are old ones...safe to say that the newer ones gets better (natural progression)....i can say that i strive to get better at what i do, since it is one of my passions in life, and also my job in part to do so...

more to come...

thanx for the input..good and bad (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

Here's the link to the cover:

http://www.je-online.se/Delta_Force_DVD.jpg

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Feb 10 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #8

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

ok.
a lot of custom work has gone into the delta force, but the 2 main images are poor scans. (check out ant image in the gallery and you will see how the image is displayed,them you'll understand why they look kow-res)
this is "Hires"covers, and were not trying to slap you down.just pointing out whats bad, were more than willing to help in anyway we can.if your struggling for hires images put a request in, also you will find alot of links to decent sites were you can find hires sources.older covers are harder but they are out there.
try not to be offended and get your WIP into the forums for help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/doctor.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

LEGO
post Feb 10 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #9

New to the scene
Group Icon

Thanx for the fast reply MrHenryDog (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

No ill admit i was a bit offended hence the venting...sorry bout that, but i felt i had to show that there is quite a lot of work in
some of those covers...much created in illustrator, so i guess i got a tad angry.....I shouldn't have been!

And part of me strugglin to become a contributer is so i can get my hands on some of the hi-res art so i can make better covers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

I have reacently gained access to a few sites with hi-res art, but there are still a few missing....

I will continue to prove myself...and maybe one day.....(IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

P.S. i do have lots of Hi-res art to contribute in the form of textless posterart and such...

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Feb 10 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #10

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

had a quick look, found this (not corrected it tho' creases cn be taken out with the clone brush,its painstaking but i have to do it a lot with the older covers i do)
gives you an idea of what you can find.

IPB

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Feb 11 2007, 12:24 AM
Post #11

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

If you weren't pissed off Lego, then I would be concerned. It takes a lot of time, passion and effort to make a cover. If someone tells you they don't like what you have done, you are going to be disheartened. The difference is here, is we are trying to help, which I think you appreciate. You have some very good stuff in the gallery. I think the only concern I have is that some is of really high quality, and others are low quality. A level of quality usually resembles your passion for cover making, and we strive to have the best, if we can. In fairness to you, as you pointed out, you are making a lot of old covers. Material for these is very hard to come by, hence quality is a big issue. Make any cover for a movie post 2000, quality is not an issue, as there is plenty of hires material. I am not a scan artist like MHD, but I can imagine that the best way of dealing with low art material, is a lot of PS work with filters/levels/cloning. What I do appreciate from you Lego, is that you haven't just said bolox to you lot, and given up. You have listened, and obviously have a pride in your work. It is because of that, I would like to see you posting in the WIP, and I will upgrade you to a contributor.

IPB

+Quote Post

LEGO
post Feb 11 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #12

New to the scene
Group Icon

Thanx for the input, and well said, and i agree i missunderstood the helping part!
I will post in the WIP section (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

And thanx for the img MrHD (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

And thanx for all the help Bazzah (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

LEGO
post Feb 12 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #13

New to the scene
Group Icon

A question about contributing!

Does posting hi-res poster art and such qualify?

In that case i have tons of official images and poster art to "contribute" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

Posted 3 just now...

Ghostrider - textless poster art

http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-31380

Borat - textless poster art

http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-31379

will link them l8er if they're approved.

Oggy and the Cockroaches Vol. 1-5

http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-31332

more to come (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

This post has been edited by LEGO: Feb 13 2007, 03:55 PM

+Quote Post

vinkiiieee
post Feb 17 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #14

Valued Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(LEGO @ Feb 12 2007, 07:06 PM) [snapback]38993[/snapback]
A question about contributing!

Does posting hi-res poster art and such qualify?

In that case i have tons of official images and poster art to "contribute" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

Posted 3 just now...

Ghostrider - textless poster art

http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display....php?pos=-31380

awesome poster!! love to see a lot more of them.

+Quote Post

swampdogk
post Feb 17 2007, 11:34 AM
Post #15

Valued Member
Group Icon

Nice Ghost Rider Poster.

That Borat one though is the same creased thing that's all over the net :(

IPB
Offering my opinion. Just in case anyone actually cares what it is.

+Quote Post

LEGO
post Feb 17 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #16

New to the scene
Group Icon

Well it's supposed to be that way...
The one i posted is the official posterart, but i agree...there should have been
an uncreased one!

+Quote Post

LEGO
post Feb 17 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #17

New to the scene
Group Icon

well here's a couple of hires i posted...

Rocky Limited Edition (Can't link it u have to search for it :O)

The Unit Season 1 Poster art (same as above)

mor to come (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post Feb 17 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #18

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Scaramanga

have upped a borat image with no creases.

we are working on a completely new artwork gallery with tons of new posters and resources.

IPB

+Quote Post

chefjoe
post Feb 17 2007, 02:20 PM
Post #19

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

umi & nini

I think contribution is what it is, if the quality is there, yes poster, scan, cover, or lable should count. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post

LEGO
post Feb 17 2007, 06:14 PM
Post #20

New to the scene
Group Icon

I uploaded 2 more covers...

The Howling (search the gallery)

Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl (search the gallery)

I know...old flicks but hey....(IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Prove yourself · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 7th December 2016 - 08:13 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS