Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
muzzy
post Feb 4 2007, 05:24 AM
Post #1

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

[attachment=393:Nightmar...cstm__v3.jpg]Hi guys

I was hoping for some advise on how to improve this cover. Am having trouble improving the quality
Any advise anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance

Muzzy
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Feb 4 2007, 08:35 AM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

look like bad scans. dump both images, flood fill is wrong and the cover wont get accepted. if you filled it yourself then use colour correction to achieve black NEVER flood fill.which has left a weird patch under his chin and on his coat on the back cover also left lots of white spots.
if you want to mess with the images then try a edge preserving or gaussaian blur, but i think you will need to find different images.

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

muzzy
post Feb 4 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #3

Valued Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(MrHenryDog @ Feb 4 2007, 07:35 PM) [snapback]38553[/snapback]
look like bad scans. dump both images, flood fill is wrong and the cover wont get accepted. if you filled it yourself then use colour correction to achieve black NEVER flood fill.which has left a weird patch under his chin and on his coat on the back cover also left lots of white spots.
if you want to mess with the images then try a edge preserving or gaussaian blur, but i think you will need to find different images.

Thx for that MyHenryDog. I appreciate you input. I will see what i can do about finding other images. I am curious if i was to still use current images is it possible to extraxt just the images and use them from scratch again ? If so what tool would you recommend i use

+Quote Post

chefjoe
post Feb 4 2007, 12:40 PM
Post #4

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

My Favorite Cover Designer:
umi & nini

Yeah, what MHD said, plus Find a textured backround, something more interesting than plain black if only using 2 images, as for those, you need not cut hard around them, using the extraction tool right click the area you want to lose and choose feather, set at 1 or 2 px then cut. Then blend into your backround, by lightening, darkening, Linear Light etc, play around and find what looks best. Tone down the size of your text, perhaps maybe even add short blurbs on each movie. Same with the spine, New line logo is extremely large, try keepin it to 125 px, then try your text without the bevels, and add BLLLLLOOOOOOD!hehe! Good start, this has promise. Just work those images. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Feb 4 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #5

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Bunny Dojo

I agree with the comments. Visit the downloads section. There is a neat scan tutorial that could help you clean up those pesky scanned images.

+Quote Post

muzzy
post Feb 5 2007, 11:57 AM
Post #6

Valued Member
Group Icon

thx for that guys
i will try what you said

cheers

muzzy :-)

+Quote Post

muzzy
post Mar 3 2007, 01:50 AM
Post #7

Valued Member
Group Icon

hi guys have been looking for alternative hires images for this but cannot seem to find any. Any advise on where i can find some ?

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Mar 4 2007, 09:29 PM
Post #8

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

Hey muzzy m8..............i have just finished the "complete collectors" and i can tell you buddy hi-rez images are hard to come by..............in fact impossible for me...........I was lucky enough to own the box set anyways so i scanned all the stuff from the booklet ..................I would maybe think about another cover or like the guys suggest improve on the scans you already have (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

the retail box is naff don't you think ...............especially for a title that leads the genre field!

+Quote Post

muzzy
post Mar 10 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #9

Valued Member
Group Icon

i know what you mean kylumi this is a hard one to find hires pics for i have been trying to fix this but am finding it a little difficult. I will keep on trying because i am determined to finish this one lol. i have quick question. how would one put the blood spurt effect on the cover . would a need an extra plugin for this for cs2 ?
Any additional advise would be appreciated.

+Quote Post

MinerKing
post Mar 10 2007, 08:00 AM
Post #10

Valued Member
Group Icon

Yes Muzzy, theres alot of blood brusches you can use. Look here on the site and see if you can find any. If you cant find any, then give me shout at Msn.

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Mar 22 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #11

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

where are we with this one ....................i was keen to see the finish (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chin.gif)

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Mar 22 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #12

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

any luck with pics?

IPB

+Quote Post

muzzy
post Mar 23 2007, 03:40 AM
Post #13

Valued Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(MrHenryDog @ Mar 23 2007, 09:26 AM) [snapback]40467[/snapback]
any luck with pics?

Hi guys sorry i took so long but i did not know wich direction to go. I felt i might go a different direction and tried doing somethging a little different with the back I have uploaded what i have done so far. I still need to put the title on the spine and a few more touch ups if any could pls be suggested anything to improve this a bit more. I feel like something is missing but can't put my finger on it. Any help and advise is appreciated

cheers

muzzy :-)

p.s. This cover will eventually be 3460 x 2175 for an 8 disc case

+Quote Post

MinerKing
post Mar 24 2007, 12:04 AM
Post #14

Valued Member
Group Icon

Much better than the first version. But I think theres a little bit to much blood and that you should lower the opacity a little on the blood. And maybe use different bloodbruches. An idea would be to use some kind of texture for the background to hide the little low res on the pictures. And maybe make some kind of boxes or something like that around the synopsis, SF etc. And I think the Dvd logos are a bit big. Use the standard size from a company template. But as I said. This one is much better than the first version.

Keep it up Muzzy ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

/Miner.

+Quote Post

muzzy
post Mar 24 2007, 02:41 AM
Post #15

Valued Member
Group Icon

thx for the advise minerking what i have done so far is fixed the resolutuon and also fixed the problem with the faded area around freddy's chin on front cover as Mrhenrydog advised i have posted 2 more covers up and removed the forst 2 iorigina;lly put up, I placed one with blood and one without blood, i am taking ur advise on board andwill also try and put a texture on it and play with opacity and will also try to put some boxes on back to make it a bit better. any other advise from everyone would be greatly appreciated

thx again for all ur advice

look foward to hearing more feedback and advise

cheers

muzzy

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Mar 25 2007, 04:52 PM
Post #16

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Bunny Dojo

I see you plastic wrapped some of the images. An improvement, not perfect, but better. The spine pic and the claw on back needs enhancement as well. You may need to change some of the font colors on back to white, or a lighter color of your choice, especially for smaller text. Watch around the border of your cover. Lots of layer imperfections need some cleaning up. And the back could use some more arrangement as it still has lots of dead space.

+Quote Post

muzzy
post Apr 9 2007, 09:39 AM
Post #17

Valued Member
Group Icon

thx for that irrob appreciate the feedback i will try and fix that and also try a little soething diferent like giving it a dirty metal kind of look which hopefully will make it a completely diferent look and make it come up better

cheers

muzzy

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Apr 10 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #18

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Platoon by Ivan Urikov

Ivan Urikov

muzzy can you please tell me how you cut that front image of Freddy out.................or did you just come by that image as is? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Apr 10 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #19

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(kylumi @ Apr 10 2007, 07:10 PM) [snapback]41137[/snapback]
muzzy can you please tell me how you cut that front image of Freddy out.................or did you just come by that image as is? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

know what kylumis saying, the front image still looks poor. to me it looks like an image that has been 'flood' filled with black, instead of being colour corrected, which is a shame if you got the image like that, because i think its a great pic of freddy.

IPB

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Apr 10 2007, 07:48 PM
Post #20

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

quick search and a little work: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

IPB

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 7th December 2016 - 10:11 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS