Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
DiGiTAL
post Nov 19 2006, 08:59 PM
Post #1

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Group: Members

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Cyberclown

Well Instead of spamming the shoutbox I was thinking a irc channel would be better where people can chat "live" and the easiest way to sort this is by having a irc chat, there is alot of good features we all could enjoy if there was one.

Example 1 If I need help with something there would be a direct way to chat with both adminīs and users

Example 2 If I need something like a font, image etc, using irc we could share those much easier if someone in the channel has that file that you might need someday.

Example 3 "chatting" and making friends also can make alot of good stuff in other wayīs like maybe doing a collab on a cover for instance, or if you just are bored we can all maybe have a announce bot that announceīs new uploads to the gallery and we can see and leave wonderful comments and feedbacks direct (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

There is a chat module now yes, but that thing was kind of hard to understand compared to other cool web chatīs that I know of. There is a jawa client for instance that could fit the site perfect wich is pretty much a standard irc client that we all recognize (that is for those who have used irc chatīs & clients before, like MiRC for instance)

I like forums as much as everyone else, but I prefer to be more live and direct and a chat which has both admins and users always is something that feels more complete than a forum where you post and wait for replyīs.

I understand that alot of the users here on hires maybe always been forum addicts, but on the other hand I know that alot of them also uses irc on daily basis. (atleast 3 of them (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/tongue2.gif) )

If this is something that might intrest staff maybe I can help in some way if help is needed.

here is a link to the client that I mentioned earlier

http://www.pjirc.com/main.php

we use it on my site and itīs both reliable and easy to both use and config.

And for the irc server part I think that there is alot of free alternatives where you can host a channel, like freequest for example, but as I mentioned, if you need help just ask and I can see what I can do (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

IPB
If all fails, try again!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

*Krafty*
post Nov 20 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #2

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

My personal opinion on this is that the forum is here to have any questions answered, maybe not straight away but in a given time.

We have had IRC before on the old site and it never got used. I think it lasted all of three weeks.

For all the reasons you have mentioned it is a great tool to have, but not for me I'm afraid.
If the general consensus is that we go with an IRC I will be glad to support it.

* did I just contradict myself?* (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/whistle.gif) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

IPB
It has been a long time. Still two years to go.
Have been away a long time and still time to do.....

+Quote Post

DiGiTAL
post Nov 20 2006, 01:01 PM
Post #3

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Cyberclown

QUOTE(*Krafty* @ Nov 20 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]34127[/snapback]
We have had IRC before on the old site and it never got used. I think it lasted all of three weeks.

Just because it didnt work out then itīs not doomed to fail again (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/winking.gif) if itīs given the right attention etc, lika mass pmīs a visable button in both the forums and gallery etc you atleast have set a nice start to gain peopleīs attention.

Step 2 is not wait and see, but to show your support in form of idling, even if there is only the "staff" present, atleast there is someone there, people stay if they see that there is people there.

Step 3 is to talk to users who come in to see what all the fuzz was about, keeping it friendly always work to "charm" them to stay (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/tongue2.gif)

then of course itīs just the wait and see process left, but during that time you always can installl a trivabot with movie questions and as I mentioned a announce bot that spamīs the main chat with info about new uploads into the gallery, I know that I would be hanging around in that channel anyway

IPB
If all fails, try again!

+Quote Post

swampdogk
post Dec 30 2006, 04:54 AM
Post #4

Valued Member
Group Icon

Good idea. DiGiTAL.

Although my impression may be slanted by the fact that I'm an IRC addict.

Install a java chat client into the forum & it couldn't be easier for peeps. Have an announce for new cover uploads via rss. We can see when filmboy is doing his job. LOL.

What could be better or easier.

Cheers

swamp.

IPB
Offering my opinion. Just in case anyone actually cares what it is.

+Quote Post

phil6580
post Jan 30 2007, 02:01 PM
Post #5

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

I'm a regular user of irc on another site and it's great fun so i'd say goood idea. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

ZuqR
post Apr 15 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #6

New to the scene
Group Icon

B3ARStyLE

Any news on this?

I would also like to enjoy talking with you on irc.

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Apr 16 2007, 10:56 AM
Post #7

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

If someone wanted to start an IRC chat, I am more than happy to throw in a link, and host it. But I don't have a clue about IRC, so whoever wants to start it, would have to maintain it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

ZuqR
post Apr 27 2007, 08:58 PM
Post #8

New to the scene
Group Icon

B3ARStyLE

I created a channel on freequest.
#hirescovers @ freequest

You could join online here: Link
Channel: #hirescovers

I spend all my spare time on irc, so I would be happy to help you maintain it.

This post has been edited by ZuqR: Apr 27 2007, 09:04 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Site Suggestions · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 6th December 2016 - 10:15 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS