Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should controlled voting be turned on?
Should controlled voting be turned on?
Yes, look into activating controlled voting [ 18 ] ** [50.00%]
No, just leave it off. [ 8 ] ** [22.22%]
Whatever! I couldn't give a $*% [ 10 ] ** [27.78%]
Guests cannot vote 

Bazzah
post Nov 9 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #1

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

Some time ago, we ran a poll, to see if you still wanted the option of voting on covers. This resulted in us switching off the option of voting, as we were getting a lot of '0' voters. Well, what if all votes were recorded publicly? I.e, if I were to vote a cover '4', an auto comment would be written, so the owner of the image knows I have voted.

I am not saying it is possible, but if the majority would like to see it implemented, then I shall look into it.

So, should we activate voting if your vote is tracked? Or should we just leave it off?

IPB
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

BearStyle
post Nov 9 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #2

Resident Bear
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

If it's tracked to the user who left the vote, and if you admins feel you have the time to add the function, and somehow control it - I'm up for it.

+Quote Post

*Krafty*
post Nov 9 2006, 06:07 PM
Post #3

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Its another nice function to the site. As long as its used properly, I am all for it. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/arms.gif)

IPB
It has been a long time. Still two years to go.
Have been away a long time and still time to do.....

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post Nov 9 2006, 06:24 PM
Post #4

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Stargate - The Movie by Powers

Scaramanga

I kind of liked the voting, always made some interesting discussions to spike up the fun.

Never really paid attention to what votes my covers got, but looking at other people bitching about 0 votes always made me bring out the popcorn. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Nov 9 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

dont see the point.
if people like your cover then they should leave a nice comment.even if its just thanks. its nice when you get a 5, but sucks when someone gives it a 1 or 2...just because they can,if they really dislike it then they wouldn't download it...so they are just being a twat. if your new and trying, the last thing you need is a few low score votes,from people who wont use your cover anyway.
covers are like anything else artistic...subjective. what some people love, others will hate.
another thing is WIP, if people use the forums properly and post in wip, then they will get good feeback on how their cover looks.if you up a cover and no-one downloads it , then you gotta think to yourself that somethings fundamentally wrong with the cover, and you should be looking to the forums for help.

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

chefjoe
post Nov 9 2006, 11:53 PM
Post #6

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

umi & nini

I agree with all comments, but the voting was pretty cool, but after all we all know which covers are good and which are not anyhow. so why have a popularity contest to boot? (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post

CyberClown
post Nov 10 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #7

Master Designer
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Well as you know,first thing i did was knock the voting off for my covers mate so i don,t want them back in any way/shape personally.I would rather see some more people taking the time to say thanks when downloading covers . I have got to the stage where i am feeling grateful for a comment & i am sure it,s not just me.

IPB
[color="#00FF00"][b][size=6][size=4]XBOX Live ID : Satans Recon

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Nov 10 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #8

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

I have installed and tested a simple mod (not active, so you won't be able to try it). If you try and vote, without leaving a comment, you will receive a message saying 'You don't have permission to perform this operation.' However, if you comment first, then you can vote. The problem we had before, was not everyone has a static IP address. So, if they voted a 0 on a cover, we could see what IP address gave that vote, but the addresses didn't always tally with any members names. At least this way, the IP address left for the voting, will correspond with the IP address left on the comment. We also have the ability to allow individual groups to vote. Another option could be to only let contributors and designers vote.
If the poll goes in favour of turning voting back on, I will allow access to this mod.

*edit*

CC, you (as a Master Designer) still have the option to disallow voting on your covers. There is a mod available, that only allows you to download an image after commenting. However, this is not something that most members will like. Especially if they are a subscriber. It is just a shame that more people don't appreciate the hard work you put it!

IPB

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post Nov 10 2006, 01:23 PM
Post #9

Guests

I think we should try voting again.

If folks abuse it, then we can switch it off again.

But definitely worth a go! (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

+Quote Post

germ69
post Nov 10 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #10

New to the scene
Group Icon

Agree with filmboy.

Also maybe?..! you can put the mod for downladong the cover/label to help CyberClown. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Nov 11 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #11

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

Ok. Voting has been enabled (except for members and guests) In order to be able to vote, you must leave a comment. Otherwise you will receive an error. Please do not abuse this. If it is abused, I will remove the voting option again.

Master designers also have the option to turn off voting in their galleries.

IPB

+Quote Post

chrissy b
post Nov 17 2006, 07:58 PM
Post #12

New to the scene
Group Icon

just want to know why i can not see who the 0 voter is as i see he is back what is the point in voting someones cover 0 i can accept that someone may not like it but to vote 0 is taking the piss (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/unsure1.gif)

http://www.hirescovers.net/gallery/display...ch&cat=0&pos=13

IPB
ADMIN FROM CUSTOM COVERS.ORG

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Nov 17 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #13

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

That link points to a label that has not had any votes.

IPB

+Quote Post

chrissy b
post Nov 17 2006, 11:48 PM
Post #14

New to the scene
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bazzah @ Nov 17 2006, 08:03 PM) [snapback]33970[/snapback]
That link points to a label that has not had any votes.

the link points to my angel season 1.

IPB
ADMIN FROM CUSTOM COVERS.ORG

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Site Suggestions · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 11th December 2016 - 12:12 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS