Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
shiNer
post Nov 2 2006, 01:33 AM
Post #1

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

hey there, i had a friend ask me this question and i said id pose it here, anyway they have some wedding photos, and the guy gave them a disk with them all on, but put watermarks on them, i geuss with his name or something, and she asked me if they could remove them with photoshop or some other program,

she said they paid the dude a whole bunch of money he gave them a few copies and then the disk and said he wanted more money for other copies when they were supposed to get more

anyhoo, im not sure if anyone has any ideas or even wants to give them, and thats cool too,

thanks

shiNer
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Nov 2 2006, 08:40 AM
Post #2

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

Is is possible. Anything is possible with photoshop, but how hard it is depends on where the watermark is, and what it is covering. From the sounds of it she needs a lot of photos worked on, which would take a very long time.

IPB

+Quote Post

Storm Raider
post Nov 2 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #3

Goddess
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Miss Potter by Venome

My Favorite Cover Designer:
To many to choose from

By law the person who owns the camera/memory card has the right to be the exclusive printer of such photos unless they are taken in camera raw format in which you need Digital Negative Converter Software and according to yet another stupid law DNG is then the owner of the photo format

So in your "Friends" Case The wedding photographer has all rights to photos and printing
I to watermark photos after all the photographer has a right to earn a living

Perhaps you friend could buy just one photo of each photo and then take them to a printing shop or scan his original however they never turn out as good as the originals

Or if your photoshop skills are really good you might be able to work your way around the watermark

+Quote Post

HS114
post Nov 4 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #4

Valued Member
Group Icon

I'd be more inclined to think that your "friend" is just trying to get free photos.
And as TS states the work is the legal property of the photographer therefore giving advice here in how to overcome the copy protection watermark is akin to telling how to copy protected dvd's.

+Quote Post

donobieus
post Nov 4 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #5

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

After my wedding I ran into a similar problem. Our photographer had promised us a certain amount of prints included in our original price. However, I only received half that number and a link to the rest on the web, watermarked, with a new price list. After threatening a lawsuit and possibly sticking my fingers in his nose and ripping it right off his f**king face did I get what I had paid for. My point is that you shouldnt jump to the conclusion that someone is trying to steal but maybe just get what they paid for. I'll tell you though, the watermarked pics I had would have been useless anyway as the resolution was too low to print out nicely even if I had removed the watermarks.

+Quote Post

shiNer
post Nov 6 2006, 06:50 PM
Post #6

New to the scene
Group Icon

QUOTE(donobieus @ Nov 4 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]32527[/snapback]
After my wedding I ran into a similar problem. Our photographer had promised us a certain amount of prints included in our original price. However, I only received half that number and a link to the rest on the web, watermarked, with a new price list. After threatening a lawsuit and possibly sticking my fingers in his nose and ripping it right off his f**king face did I get what I had paid for. My point is that you shouldnt jump to the conclusion that someone is trying to steal but maybe just get what they paid for. I'll tell you though, the watermarked pics I had would have been useless anyway as the resolution was too low to print out nicely even if I had removed the watermarks.

thank you for your story, it is amazing how some people jump to conclusions , i especially like all the quotes around the word "friends" in their posts, like i am lying and am asking for myself - I only use that line when i goto the doctors and it burns when i pee!, Ive been married for 8 years, got married in las vegas, took my own pictures , so no it isnt for me

i will let her know what you did and hopefully she can resolve this, but from the sounds of it, she too may have lower resolution photos as another sort of protection the photgrapher took

donobieus, thanks for your reply, i was getting the feeling this was another one of them stuffy forums where they say they support you asking questions, but then dont really give any helpful advice, only judgements

i am not versed well enough in photoshop to pull anything like this off, dont even have the time, i suggested they get their wedding gear on again, we find a nice spot and i can use my digital camera take some pictures and get them a couple of nice 11 x 17's to put on the wall, his may be the solution in the end

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Design Questions · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 4th December 2016 - 02:14 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS