Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
mattm77
post Oct 12 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #1

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

I doubt there was any need to lock it and can't believe the level of response. Down with free speech it would appear.

Goes to show the attitude of some people.

Apologies to those who took my suggestion in the wrong manor.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Oct 12 2006, 09:04 PM
Post #2

Guests

On the contrary, the decision to close the thread has done you a favor, as surely baiting members in the manner you so clearly were would ultimately result in warnings being dolled out, which does nobody any favours.

This site promotes free discussion, just be a little more sensitive in the phrasing of your points in the future.

At the end of the day, none of the designers on here are paid for their work, so if adding a mark in recognition of their efforts is a problem for you, then don't download them.

As was highlighted in your previous thread, the reason this trend has started, is due to those who leech covers from this site to upload for credit or plaudits elsewhere, something that has long been a dislike of mine, and why I have resorted to "tagging" my covers. I hope that you can understand that reasoning.

+Quote Post

mattm77
post Oct 12 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #3

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

All of which is fair enough.

Though it wasn't me using bad language (or attitude to begin with) towards other members. It was up for discussion and I think my intentions were taken incorrectly by all.

It wasn't meant to cause an issue / problem and some of the reasons pointed out are perfectly fine. I only wanted to ask other users what they thought and whether it was necessary.

As for my contribution towards the site and subject matter (custom DVD covers) I think it's uncalled for to question someone when it's only pressumed. Not everyone wants to be a DJ for example.

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Oct 13 2006, 07:01 AM
Post #4

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

Free speach is always encouraged. Flaming is not. Skally done the right thing to close the thread, before it got out of control. The fact that you have started another post, as the last one was closed, suggests to me you are looking for an arguement. If you have an issue with something on the site, then I would suggest messaging me first.
I am closing this thread now, and I suggest if you would like an answer to your question matt, then post a new thread, and keep it civilised. If you do not like the fact people have different opinions to your own, then please refrain from posting.

IPB

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Mayhem · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 8th December 2016 - 10:01 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS