Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
mattm77
post Oct 12 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #1

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

Started to notice this more and more, surely we can do without people's usernames added to the credits etc.

Not mentioning names but I think it's kinda lame to do.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Demonology
post Oct 12 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
The Wrestler By Samppa

My Favorite Cover Designer:
EuroBoy

Alot of coverartists hide there creator name somewhere on the cover.......and alot do this to stop other users stealing there work and to prevent them uploading to other sites and also try and claim it as there own.

Plus alot make there tags so small you don't even notice.

Also i don't honestly think it's lame it a fact and a prevention of misuse now if you have a problem with there names there then this question needs to be answered............How many of the same cover you printing off how much do you make for selling pirates?...........and if it's for private use then why are you moaning about an artist who's tagged his cover? .......and last question........Da Vinci signed his paintings why can't a good cover artists that has slooged over a cover for weeks be intitled to do the same?........his work his claim.

IPB

+Quote Post

mattm77
post Oct 12 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #3

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Da Vinci and cover artists, hmmm hardly a good comparison.

I use all the covers from here for personal use (like most to my knowledge) and just prefer to not have usernames placed on the covers. Obviously I could edit them out myself but though it should be mentioned on here and see what other have to say...

I'm more interested in the replies from the non-cover artists as it'll prove to be a less biased answer.

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post Oct 12 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE(mattm77 @ Oct 12 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]29864[/snapback]
I'm more interested in the replies from the non-cover artists as it'll prove to be a less biased answer.

Creators putting some sort of ID on their covers is an individual choice.

Describing their right to do this as "biased" is not the most diplomatic way to persuade them to agree to leave them off! (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/unsure1.gif)

+Quote Post

mattm77
post Oct 12 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #5

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

You've clearly misunderstood my comment about bias.

+Quote Post

Demonology
post Oct 12 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #6

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

The Wrestler By Samppa

EuroBoy

QUOTE(mattm77 @ Oct 12 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]29864[/snapback]
Da Vinci and cover artists, hmmm hardly a good comparison.

The principles are the same Da Vinci slaved for months creating a masterpeace where as some cover artists do the same and create more often than not a very nice piece of artwork. Only difference Artists like Da Vinci's work go on the wall and a dvd cover goes in a case and put on a shelf.

As for this comment it's just got right up my nose to come on a site where a wide range of cover artists feel they have to mark their work in order to stop others climing it as their own.

and then say you'd rather see replies from none coverartists.The main part of this site involves the great cover artists like Bazzah/filmboy/Skallywag/Lulubelle/cavemanlawyer and Irrob.

IPB

+Quote Post

mattm77
post Oct 12 2006, 08:22 PM
Post #7

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

(IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/lol.gif)

Childish to say the least and easily offended by not much.

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Oct 12 2006, 08:22 PM
Post #8

Guests

And all this from someone who's sole contribution to the custom cover world is to request covers, I'd expect a little more understanding from you mattm77, I often discreetly tag my work, if this is a problem to you please feel free not to use them.

And if you believe Demon misunderstood your bias comment, it appears so did I and FB so how about some clarification?

+Quote Post

Demonology
post Oct 12 2006, 08:25 PM
Post #9

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

The Wrestler By Samppa

EuroBoy

1.Im not easily offended
2.the only childish act here his the fact that artists do there work and you are still ungreatful all because they tag the cover with there artist name.

3.even more childish was posting this thread and asking cover-artists who provide you with your covers and tell them they need to stay out of it.

IPB

+Quote Post

mattm77
post Oct 12 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #10

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

And all this from someone who's sole contribution to the custom cover world is to request covers, I'd expect a little more understanding from you mattm77, I often discreetly tag my work, if this is a problem to you please feel free not to use them.

And if you believe Demon misunderstood your bias comment, it appears so did I and FB so how about some clarification?
It seems pointless to continue as you're all clearly upset by a simple suggestion.

My bias comment was referring to replies, not someone's choice to add their title to their work.

I'll leave it at that as this has gone well past the original discussion.

1.Im not easily offended
2.the only childish act here his the fact an artists do there work and you still ungreatful all because they tag the cover with there artist name.
3.even more childish was posting this thread and asking cover-artists who provide you with your covers you need to saty out of it.

No bad language this time, how disappointing.

Wouldn't have been any need for the outburst if you weren't offended.

+Quote Post

Demonology
post Oct 12 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #11

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

The Wrestler By Samppa

EuroBoy

Don't bait me matt you will lose in the end!!!!!!!!!!

IPB

+Quote Post

Guest_lulubelle_*
post Oct 12 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #12

Guests

I also discreetly tag my work, and feel that I have every right to do so.

You, Mattmm77, also have every right not to use the covers with these tags on them, whoever's cover it is.

I agree with demon, this thread is stupid and should never have been posted.

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Oct 12 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #13

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Bunny Dojo

Matt, after your comments, you should have expected major fallout as a result. And yes I'm kinda pissed at you to. You're off my Santa list for good. End of discussion.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Mayhem · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 3rd December 2016 - 01:41 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS