Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
donobieus
post Oct 12 2006, 12:16 AM
Post #1

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Group: Members

Cory Lidle, a pitcher for the New York Yankees, died today when the plane he was flying crashed into a 50 story building in New York City this afternoon. He leaves behind a wife and 6 year old son. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. 34 is too young.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Demonology
post Oct 12 2006, 12:22 AM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
The Wrestler By Samppa

My Favorite Cover Designer:
EuroBoy

Seen this on the news didn't know it was baseball player that died well my thoughts go out to his family.

We also lost a great ambassador to a sport here in the UK also World snooker champion Paul Hunter died on the 9th October 5 days before his 28th birthday he'd been battling against cancer for just over a year.
He'll be sorely missed and thoughts go out to his family also.

IPB

+Quote Post

Storm Raider
post Oct 12 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #3

Goddess
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Miss Potter by Venome

My Favorite Cover Designer:
To many to choose from

I dont know him but it did make the news here in australia
It is so sad when you loose an ambassador and someone that the children look at as heros
We lost 2 great ambassador last month
Steve Irwin & Peter Brock
So i know how you must feel

+Quote Post

phil6580
post Oct 13 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #4

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

As a wannabe snooker player i have a lot of respect for Paul Hunter. He was a great player you could say he was the David Beckham of snooker. He'll be sorely missed. As for Cory Lidle i didnt know of him but what a way to go not only that but it must have brought back some terrible memories for the people of NY.

+Quote Post

Guest_lulubelle_*
post Oct 13 2006, 07:03 PM
Post #5

Guests

Can I ask if anybody in the building died? As I am sure that even though they weren't "celebrities" their lives, if lost, would have been just as tragic.

+Quote Post

donobieus
post Oct 13 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #6

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Thankfully the families who lived in the two apartments that were hit by the plane were not home. There was, however, a flight instructor in the plane with Cory Lidle. Details were still sketchy when I posted the original message otherwise I would have included him. They interviewed one of the women who lived in one of the apartments and she couldnt stop saying Thank God I ran out of milk and went to the store. Talk about good timing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Mayhem · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 7th December 2016 - 10:06 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS