Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Guest_lulubelle_*
post Oct 10 2006, 07:59 AM
Post #1

Guests

Mr Henry Dog had a great idea for a thread, so here it is (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

Review a movie from a certain year, good or bad, telling people why they should watch it or not watch it...then at the bottom put the year the next person has to review their film from.

It might make people aware of good films they have missed and could watch (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

I'm not going to start with a review but I am going to start with a date to review a film from... so...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Oct 10 2006, 08:35 AM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

My Favorite Custom Cover:
L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

ED WOOD director Tim Burton

there were a lot of great films in 94 ..pulp fiction and true lies to name 2 of my favorites, but one of the ones i think everyone should see ie ED WOOD, it stars JOHNNY DEPP and is a biopic of the film director ed wood.
if your not familiar with his work, he's the man responsible for 'plan 9 from outer space'...a film constantly rated as the worse ever,but one which also has cult status.
ed wood was a transvestite who liked to direct wearing skirts and ladies cardigans. he made a serious film about transvestism called' glen or glanda'.. he films were truly terrible, but he managed to get ailing superstar bela lagosi to star in them, at the time bela was a drug addict.
it's a fascinating look at the life of one of hollywoods Quirkier characters, and is played superbly by depp.shot in black and white to give it that 50's look,ed wood took the 'b' movie to new depths.
to give you an idea of just how good this film is it scores an average of 8/10 fom over 32,000 people on the imdb (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

next: 1986

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

Storm Raider
post Oct 10 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #3

Goddess
Group Icon

Miss Potter by Venome

My Favorite Cover Designer:
To many to choose from

1986 what a year
This is my favorite movie for 1986 Stand by Me
A story set in the 1950's about 4 12 year old boys who set off together looking for a dead body. It is a story about mateship, adventure and the boys journey to adulthood.

+Quote Post

annarere1960
post Oct 10 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #4

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Tombstone

The life and times of the famous cowboy outlaw turned town-taming marshall, Wyatt Earp. Story focuses on the build up to the gunfight at the OK Corral, located at the outskirts of the town of Tombstone, Arizona.

awesome movie!

IPB
You cannot be very smart if you have never done anything foolish.

+Quote Post

donobieus
post Oct 10 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #5

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Psycho

An adulterous woman who steals a stack of money from her boss and hits the road hoping for financial freedom. Pulling over in an old motel for the night, she meets the creepy owner of the Bates Motel, Norman Bates, who lives with his jealous nagging mother. Most people know the film Psycho for what happens next -- the shower scene, where Marion is brutally stabbed in the most easily recognized scene in movie history. The money, the car, and Marion's remains are quickly sunk in a nearby swamp. As a detective and Marion's sister Lila come looking for her, they begin to uncover the dark mysterious secret lurking in Norman Bates' life.

How bout' 1976

+Quote Post

annarere1960
post Oct 11 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #6

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Carrie

A young teenage girl wreaks telekinetic vengeance on her high school tormentors and religious-nut mother.

Carrie the blood-spattered prom queen has taken her throne in the pantheon of modern American myth. High school girls , P.J. Soles, and Nancy Allen plot to avenge themselves on ostracized fellow student and budding telekinetic Carrie White after they get in trouble for pelting her with tampons. When they get popular boy Tommy Ross to be her date for the prom, the stage is set for some heart-rending cruelty and fiery retribution. Piper Laurie plays Carrie’s mentally ill, devoutly Christian mom

IPB

+Quote Post

Storm Raider
post Oct 11 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #7

Goddess
Group Icon

Miss Potter by Venome

To many to choose from

The 1925 silent-film version of The Phantom of the Opera, directed by Rupert Julian, is a classic adaptation of Gaston Leroux's novel The Phantom of the Opera, starring Lon Chaney
I have never seen this movie but I have seen the latest Phantom of The Opera and it would have to be one of the worst movies i have ever seen

+Quote Post

annarere1960
post Oct 11 2006, 11:35 AM
Post #8

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Boy, Did I Get a Wrong Number

Comedy Starring:Bob Hope, Elke Sommer, Phyllis Diller, Cesare Danova, Marjorie Lord

When a scantily clad film starlet shows up in the bedroom of his summer cottage, a married man, with the help of his trusty maid, bumbles and fumbles to keep his wife from finding out.

love any and all Bob Hope movies.....i collect them....... (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Oct 11 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #9

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

i love Invasion of the body snatchers, but i would have to recommend:

FORBIDDEN PLANET
a classic sci-fi film boasting some fantasic effects.a crew are sent to investigate a colony on a distant planet, they arrive to find just 2 people still alive,everyone else has fallen victim to an invisble monster roaming the planet.the survivors consist of a scientist and his daughter, and while the daughter welcomes the crew, her father seems to be hiding something,and wants them to leave.the spaceships captain investigates and makes some starling discoveries about aliens who one inhabited the planet,but destroyed themselves.
the film also saw the world introduced to 'robbie the robot' this film is the pinnacle of 1950's sci-fi. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

annarere1960
post Oct 11 2006, 01:22 PM
Post #10

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Battle For the Planet of the Apes

In the year 2670, an orangutan called the Lawgiver tells a story to a group of human and ape children about an early 21st century ape leader named Caesar.

Genres: Action/Adventure, Science Fiction/Fantasy

Starring: Roddy McDowall, Claude Akins, John Huston, Natalie Trundy (II), Severn Darden (II)

I enjoyed all the ape movies........ (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

Storm Raider
post Oct 13 2006, 08:03 AM
Post #11

Goddess
Group Icon

Miss Potter by Venome

To many to choose from

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (1971)

It's everybody's non-pollutionary, anti-institutionary, pro-confectionery factory of fun!

It's Scrumdiddlyumptious!

Your golden ticket to imagination and adventure!

Charlie is let loose in the chocolate factory and every kid's dream come true
Enter a world of pure imagination.

+Quote Post

annarere1960
post Oct 14 2006, 08:48 PM
Post #12

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Big Momma's House

When a street-smart FBI agent is sent to Georgia to protect a beautiful single mother and her son from an escaped convict, he is forced to impersonate a crass Southern granny known as Big Momma in order to remain incognito.

Genres: Comedy and Crime/Gangster

IPB

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Mayhem · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 10th December 2016 - 12:42 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS