Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
sandt38
post Oct 8 2006, 05:41 AM
Post #1

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

I am not too sure if I should continue on this venture, but here is the very beginning. Once again I am stepping outside the feature film arena and into a cover with limitless possibilities because we don't have preconcieved notions as to the path a stand-up cover must follow (similar to my AIC Unplugged cover). As you likely know Sam Kinison was killed many years ago, so the cover idea is somewhat ghostly. I will be using this for a series of discs, and will specifically title and add synopsis/titlesets for each disc. This is where I am starting from (click the thumb for larger view).... any thoughts?

(IMG:http://img3.glowfoto.com/images/2006/10/07-2229279787T.jpg)

IPB
I'm not in "the click" so I won't waste my time trying to contribute anymore.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

sandt38
post Oct 8 2006, 05:52 PM
Post #2

New to the scene
Group Icon

Going further:

(IMG:http://img3.glowfoto.com/images/2006/10/08-1042555918T.jpg)

IPB

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Oct 8 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #3

Guests

Sorry Sandt38, I know nothing about the guy other than what you've said so I wouldn't know what to suggest that would suit, only that it doesn't "feel" very stand up at the moment.

+Quote Post

JolietJake
post Oct 8 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #4

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

I loved Sam. I have a few dvds of his stand up and a documentary.

+Quote Post

sandt38
post Oct 8 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #5

New to the scene
Group Icon

Skally,

That is a shame. Sam Kinison made me, and still makes me laugh like no other comedian I can recall. He is easily as crude as Andrew Dice Clay, yet unlike Clay he sprinkles his raunchy rants with classic humor. A very shocking, very funny man.

Sam was a very dark comedian, he maintained the "sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll" attitude of a glam rock star from the 80s, and he, of course, is dead now too so I felt the subdued tone fit well. He is always screaming as well, which is why I chose the outline of him screaming for the front cover.

Here is one idea of the collection all wrapped up. I will also add Banned, Breaking the Rules, Outlaw Comedy Hour, Why Did We Laugh, and I am hoping to find his shorts with Dangerfield.

(IMG:http://img3.glowfoto.com/images/2006/10/08-1456218164T.jpg)

IPB

+Quote Post

megafree
post Oct 8 2006, 10:10 PM
Post #6

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

nice cover
Kinison was a comics comic...all the big comics would show up for this cats shows....a true talent that left us too soon.
I swear to god there were times I thought I would wet me pants laughing so hard at this dude...good to see someone give the guy a decent cover.

good on ya

cheers

+Quote Post

JolietJake
post Oct 9 2006, 02:11 AM
Post #7

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Yeah him and Bill hicks both died before their time.

+Quote Post

sandt38
post Oct 9 2006, 03:22 AM
Post #8

New to the scene
Group Icon

Continuing with the theme...

(IMG:http://img4.glowfoto.com/images/2006/10/08-2026381406T.jpg)

IPB

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 10th December 2016 - 01:06 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS