Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
arrow
post Oct 5 2006, 01:03 AM
Post #1

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

Hi all, which epson printer should I get now? r320, r200, r220 ect...

I have a r300 but looks like it went out on me. I'm mainly going to use it to print photos, cd's

T.I.A.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Oct 5 2006, 07:22 AM
Post #2

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

My Favorite Cover Designer:
All HiRes designers

I have had an Epson R300 since they came out, and while the prints are really good, I don't think the printers are all that. Ink cartridges are reported empty, when they aren't, so you have to throw away ink. My CD tray has to be manualy pushed in to get it started each time. But I am not alone. I have heard endless complaints from Epson users. The alternative is Canon, and I know a few members here use them. I would be interested to hear what they have to say.

However, if you are going to stay with Epson, I would just purchase the R220. It is the same as the R320, except you don't get a little preview monitor. But who needs that, when you have a great big monitor on your desk (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Oct 5 2006, 07:43 AM
Post #3

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

when you say went out what do you mean? i have a r 300 and a little trick i learnt is that with the printer off hold the stop and maintainence buttons , then hold down the 'on' button as well for a few seconds.this re-sets all the counters,so if you have the 'nag' about a service it's gone.
i think the printers itself is good, with good prints, but agree with bazzah about the ink monitor, but personally i use cheap generic ink,(15 for 3 full sets) so wasting a little doesn't bother me.

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

Giotto
post Oct 5 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #4

New to the scene
Group Icon

I have used the Epson printers for over ten years now, finding them the best blend of cost, print quality and ease of sourcing inks. If you get the "parts in your printer require service" or similar message, you can D/L the "SSC service utility" which will allow you to reset the printer, works fine with all my R200 & R300's
(IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

arrow
post Oct 6 2006, 08:53 PM
Post #5

New to the scene
Group Icon

When I mentioned "went out" it ment print heads. I tryed and tryed different solutions and its no help.

I really like my r300. Can anyone tell me the difrence between the r200 & r220. I dont need no preview monitor.

Thank's all for your help.

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Oct 6 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #6

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Bunny Dojo

I've been using an R220 for 4 months now. Very pleased. But I also have a CIS and waste tank attached, which extends the life of the printer. I Dont know the difference between R200 and R220. Google that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · General Help · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 9th December 2016 - 09:35 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS