Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic
user name
post Oct 3 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #1

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernies Collection

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Kernie82

I've hit a wall on this. Need some ideas/suggestions to finsh the back? I have no idea what to do where the black is? I've tried to create a texture that would flow from the front to the back, as I attempted with the grass below the black, but have failed miserably several times.

(IMG:http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8220/toysoldiers800mx3.jpg)

IPB
But what do I know?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Demonology
post Oct 3 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

The Wrestler By Samppa

EuroBoy

I was slowly gathering images for this film title but the resources are really limited.
Just wondering where on earth did you find that image on the back at the top ???

The front looks like the scan of the region 2 release but the spine needs alot of work you can see the cloning you did (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/unsure1.gif)

as for back honestly don't know what to suggest as material for this is really none existent.

Maybe better to move bottom image to top remove the green textured effect and barb wire and then once moved bottom image fade it into the black colour going down the back ,sort legal teaxt credit billing and use the diagram of school above credit billing and insert the synopsis above that.

if i get time i'll do a little diagram out of the preview of where and what i mean.

IPB

+Quote Post

sauron
post Oct 3 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #3

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

looks goo but try lowering the opactity on the rejects school picture if you have the background behind it if not then im not sure what to suggest

+Quote Post

chefjoe
post Oct 4 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #4

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

umi & nini

Tough choice for a cover, but you're doing well, if I understand demon right it sounds like good advise. Good start, keep at it!!! (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post

user name
post Oct 4 2006, 01:32 AM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Kernies Collection

Kernie82

QUOTE(Demonology @ Oct 3 2006, 06:00 PM) [snapback]28507[/snapback]
I was slowly gathering images for this film title but the resources are really limited.
Just wondering where on earth did you find that image on the back at the top ???

The front looks like the scan of the region 2 release but the spine needs alot of work you can see the cloning you did (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/unsure1.gif)

as for back honestly don't know what to suggest as material for this is really none existent.

Maybe better to move bottom image to top remove the green textured effect and barb wire and then once moved bottom image fade it into the black colour going down the back ,sort legal teaxt credit billing and use the diagram of school above credit billing and insert the synopsis above that.

if i get time i'll do a little diagram out of the preview of where and what i mean.

The image for the back top is from a movie poster I found (I'll send it if you want?)

The Spine I see what your talking about with the cloning. I really want to try an make it look like the front somehow, but my PS skills are at an intermediate begginer at best still. Any ideas how to deal with the spine at all? Should I try just a single colored spine? Maybe I'll try and stay away from matching the front totally and try and use someother texture or design if I can find anything (agian as still a beginner the spines and backs for my covers, are still killing me to create)

Bottom Image: The reason I set it at the bottom is because it was a screen capture from the dvd, I did, and the bottom left of the sign doesn't appear on the dvd. So I placed in on the bottom, so I could hide that fact by having it just run off the bottom of the back.

Barbed Wire So you don't like the Barbed at all? This was the first time I was trying to have something run from the front cover to the back, maybe just a poor choice for this cover....

In all honesty even if I do finish this, and then you create on as well. There is a good chance I'm still going to use yours, for my own dvd, since you do such a tremendous job on all your covers.....

IPB
But what do I know?

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 10th December 2016 - 12:43 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS