Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
loady
post Sep 29 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #1

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

Coming to a DVD case near you soon....(i know its hardly started, im waiting for inspiration)

**image removed, please post flat previews in WIP**
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

waynis
post Sep 29 2006, 10:21 AM
Post #2

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Group: Subscriber

Good start so far...Haven't heard of it yet but thats nothing new here in Australia but i do like the idea of the blood red and the severed head and the gory pic on the back...can't wait to see finished cover...Gotta go look this up now could be what my work is like soon... (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/lol.gif)

+Quote Post

loady
post Oct 1 2006, 06:53 AM
Post #3

New to the scene
Group Icon

QUOTE(waynis @ Sep 29 2006, 11:21 AM) [snapback]28021[/snapback]
Good start so far...Haven't heard of it yet but thats nothing new here in Australia but i do like the idea of the blood red and the severed head and the gory pic on the back...can't wait to see finished cover...Gotta go look this up now could be what my work is like soon... (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/lol.gif)

thanks m8,

Anyone know about the TOP BILLING font ?? i can only seem to get the alphabet keys to work, only get a question mark when i try to use the alt+xxxx keys on the character map.

+Quote Post

sauron
post Oct 1 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #4

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

looking good so far, but i would use the same title on the spine as on the front, also make the white line between the spine and the front the same red colour also make the title on the spine smaller or not as stretched out and another thing i wouldn't have danny dyer at the bottom because thats where all the logos and credits go.

+Quote Post

Vice-Nasty
post Oct 2 2006, 02:33 PM
Post #5

Valued Member
Group Icon

cool

IPB
I spell english as it sounds.
My english sucks :( sorry

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Oct 2 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #6

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Platoon by Ivan Urikov

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Ivan Urikov

loady you old bugger..........................don't go messin this one up.........................nice start m8y (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post Oct 2 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE(loady @ Oct 1 2006, 07:53 AM) [snapback]28176[/snapback]
Anyone know about the TOP BILLING font ?? i can only seem to get the alphabet keys to work, only get a question mark when i try to use the alt+xxxx keys on the character map.

I have had similar problems.

The workaround is to use the character map, and cut and paste the special bits. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/unsure1.gif) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

+Quote Post

drastija
post Oct 3 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #8

Little Devil
Group Icon

I think it's a great start.

IPB
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,
there you long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci

+Quote Post

truman
post Oct 3 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #9

Valued Member
Group Icon

Nice start m8, and i liked the movire too.

+Quote Post

loady
post Oct 3 2006, 08:57 PM
Post #10

New to the scene
Group Icon

Thanks for your comments...lets just hope i dont fry my pc this time, backed it up on several different drives (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

With regard to the character map, tried that, copied it and pasted and it pasted a "?" and font sets itself to myriad pro....really starting to p*ss me now as i have had to lump for typing in steelfish.

+Quote Post

loady
post Oct 3 2006, 09:21 PM
Post #11

New to the scene
Group Icon

Come on Ky i could do with your input m8....the credit text dont look right ? does it need more spacing between lines....should i put it off centre right so it doesnt obscure Dannys face ??...where can i get qwerty film studio logo or uk film council logo ??

+Quote Post

loady
post Oct 4 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #12

New to the scene
Group Icon

Ok, im gonna go with this so any final input or suggestions ??

+Quote Post

swampdogk
post Oct 4 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #13

Valued Member
Group Icon

Spine. Move the head up the top & put a DVD logo on the bottom.

Rear. Move the credits right, use a smaller font, larger vertical gap between the lines. If it still has so many lines dump some stuff.

Rear. Balance the gaps between the screenshots & the guys head. The screenshots look too far apart, when compared to how close they are to the headshot.

When you've done all that I'll have a look & let you know if anything else.

Cheers

... and you thought you were finished ... mwahhahhhaaa

IPB
Offering my opinion. Just in case anyone actually cares what it is.

+Quote Post

kylumi
post Oct 4 2006, 05:02 PM
Post #14

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Platoon by Ivan Urikov

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Ivan Urikov

you know something loady buddy......................i don't have those logo's either.............i have put out a request for you though (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

try a the request forum here...............you never know (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

and do like the swampthing said........... (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

nb..................try the font size @ 6.5...................if you want help PM me

+Quote Post

loady
post Oct 4 2006, 09:16 PM
Post #15

New to the scene
Group Icon

Ok, resized the credits but not removed any as i am happy with them, moved mugshot to top of spine and put dvd logo at bottom, going to redo the title as i wasnt happy with it....any one know where i can find a blood splatter brush ???

As for the film logos, these reflect what comes up at begining of film and i am happy with those.

Still got to make spine and front colour uniform and duplicate title to spine.

What do you think of the dividers on the credits ??

+Quote Post

truman
post Oct 4 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #16

Valued Member
Group Icon

Not sure now about the front and spine..... too much red. Perhaps drips or drops of blood might work better...DVD rom font? On front just dont look right at all m8, if you are going to use a DVD font keep them uniform across the cover.

I know the art out there is clean and mainly white but the front and spine as it is not sure m8. You obviously know KY and u cant go far wrong listening to him, but white with red blood drops, squirts and splashes match the movie more than a red fill.

My 2 cents.

+Quote Post

neila
post Oct 4 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #17

New to the scene
Group Icon

QUOTE(loady @ Sep 29 2006, 11:39 AM) [snapback]28003[/snapback]
Coming to a DVD case near you soon....(i know its hardly started, im waiting for inspiration)

+Quote Post

loady
post Oct 5 2006, 08:01 AM
Post #18

New to the scene
Group Icon

@truman: Thank you for your comments....i tried to keep the cover as close to art work as possible, i think it is very red myself so i may also make an alternative version.

+Quote Post

sauron
post Oct 5 2006, 09:48 AM
Post #19

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

the pathe logo should go on the spine, but if you have it on the back i wouldn't have the yellow background on it, i no that's how it is but it just doesn't look right

+Quote Post

neila
post Oct 5 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #20

New to the scene
Group Icon

QUOTE(loady @ Sep 29 2006, 11:39 AM) [snapback]28003[/snapback]

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Closed WIP's · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 9th December 2016 - 01:58 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS