Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Closed TopicStart new topic

sauron
post Sep 1 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

Only 2 of them look like they have been aproved, but there looking ok, but i would start of in the w.i.p thread to help you get better.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Sep 1 2006, 12:52 PM
Post #3

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Bunny Dojo

what sauron said

+Quote Post

corky
post Sep 1 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #4

Hires's Mum
Group Icon

I edited the post to show what is viewable at the moment lol, save finger click ache

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post Sep 1 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #5

Guests

All of NSTT's cover uploads are scans, so (and I guess it may just be me), I fail to see what is being "proved" here.

What is the point in anyone commenting on the artistic pros and cons of a scan?

If an uploader of scans is sufficiently prolific in their uploading, they will be given "contributor" status whilever that rate of uploads continues.

Other than that, there is simply nothing to prove! (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/unsure1.gif)

+Quote Post

Guest_lulubelle_*
post Sep 1 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #6

Guests

erm....because they could be crap scans?

I think there is still something to prove, in order to get contributor status...or should everyone with a scanner get free access?

I think WIP is a good idea as Sauron has suggested there are some people who do great scans, if that is your forte, and they can be a great help.

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Sep 1 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #7

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Bunny Dojo

QUOTE(filmboy @ Sep 1 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]23201[/snapback]
All of NSTT's cover uploads are scans, so (and I guess it may just be me), I fail to see what is being "proved" here.

What is the point in anyone commenting on the artistic pros and cons of a scan?

If an uploader of scans is sufficiently prolific in their uploading, they will be given "contributor" status whilever that rate of uploads continues.

Other than that, there is simply nothing to prove! (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/unsure1.gif)

Granted, he usually post good scans, and he would slide in on that alone. The issue here is, he's requesting status based on what he submitted in this thread... and these aint scans this time. Having said that, I think his future customs will look better if the credits are not on the front of the cover.

+Quote Post

sauron
post Sep 2 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #8

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

The edmond one doesn't look like a scan, but it does need alot of work done to it

+Quote Post

chefjoe
post Sep 2 2006, 01:04 AM
Post #9

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

umi & nini

I'd like to see proof in the wip section, but that's me.

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post Sep 2 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE(lulubelle @ Sep 1 2006, 09:21 PM) [snapback]23208[/snapback]
I think there is still something to prove, in order to get contributor status...or should everyone with a scanner get free access?

This is what the rules say:

"Contributor - Someone who has contributed sufficient resources and/or covers/labels, but has not yet reached Artist status."

So yes, there are indeed "contributors" who upload largely, if not all, scanned covers. We have a number of extremely prolific uploaders in this category. We also have folks who largely upload posters etc - and again, if they are suitably prolific, they can gain "contributor" status.

The other point with scans is that the uploader is very often not the creator - this is evident when I receive the same cover from a number of uploaders over a short space in time. It it obvious that this has been downloaded from the same source. And posters, by their very nature, have probably been downloaded from somewhere else.

Now, if you wanna comment on these things in WIP, that's cool, although it would be a first for a site like this. But these things are already checked for quality ( a large number of our rejections are scans),and other than reducing the number of scans and posters that are submitted to the site, I don't see what effect WIPing them would have. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/chin.gif)

+Quote Post

Guest_lulubelle_*
post Sep 2 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #11

Guests

ok FB... Sir (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

+Quote Post

chefjoe
post Sep 2 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #12

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

umi & nini

haha, u r right FB (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/lol.gif) sorry (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/blowingup.gif)

+Quote Post

swampdogk
post Sep 10 2006, 08:58 AM
Post #13

Valued Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

Hmm

The way those covers are labelled (SCaNS) I'd say that they aren't necessarily scans the way you think, (although some obviously are) but released by the scene group SCaNS who often rip off other peoples covers. Just ask CyberClown.

As for posting in the WIP section I doubt that would be of any use as I'd be very suprised if NSTT has done any artwork at all.

IPB
Offering my opinion. Just in case anyone actually cares what it is.

+Quote Post

Guest_lulubelle_*
post Nov 15 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #14

Guests

will be upgraded to contributor if regular uploading of scans are seen.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Prove yourself · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 3rd December 2016 - 02:25 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS