Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tony Crew
post Aug 28 2006, 05:01 PM
Post #1

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Subscriber

Can anybody please help cos im about to start banging my head against a wall.

My problem is this.... For the past 5 days I have been unable to get into Hires from my PC. My subs are all paid up, I have not changed my internet settings and made no other changes that I can think of that would affect my access. When i try to launch the site the bottom left explorer bar says 'done' but al i get is a blank white page?

However, when I try to log on from my girlfriends PC I get right in straight away. How can this be?

Back on my PC - no other internet site seems to be effected - all my favorites work fine - all other sites load up fine.... just not Hires? God damn it!

Can anybody please help?

Thank you

Tony Crew
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Demonology
post Aug 28 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
The Wrestler By Samppa

My Favorite Cover Designer:
EuroBoy

dunno m8 i never have a problem but then i use firefox as explorer is usualess and more prone to viruses.

Could be a cache problem empty you cookies and and temp offline files then login to site logout then log back that could possibly work othe than that you may need to call your internet provider.

IPB

+Quote Post

Guest_lulubelle_*
post Aug 28 2006, 05:10 PM
Post #3

Guests

you may just need to clear out your cache Tony ... try ccleaner at

http://www.ccleaner.com

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Aug 28 2006, 05:14 PM
Post #4

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Members

L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

i get this now and again,but i just click again and it loads,never happened persistantly...has your g/f got a different browser?

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

Tony Crew
post Aug 28 2006, 05:33 PM
Post #5

New to the scene
Group Icon

Thanks Guys. Have already deleted all cookies/temp internet files and everything else I could think of. No sucess there im afraid. My girlfriend has exactly the same brouser as me with exactly the same settings. gain, this problem doesnt seem to affect any other site at all..... any more suggestions.... PLEASE?

+Quote Post

corky
post Aug 28 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #6

Hires's Mum
Group Icon

do you use a proxy server

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Aug 28 2006, 05:48 PM
Post #7

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

Can you try a different browser, like firefox or Opera, just to check it isn't IE.

IPB

+Quote Post

Tony Crew
post Aug 28 2006, 06:18 PM
Post #8

New to the scene
Group Icon

Thanks Bazzah & Corky - it is definately not IE cos here I am on IE on my girlfriends PC (thanks Claire honey - no you cant use your PC at the mo... its busy) and I dont wish to appear more PC stupid than is humanly possible but... exactly what do you mean by a 'proxy server'?

My ISP is Bulldog, the line comes into a router and is split to my PC and my GF's PC. My IE on my PC still shows a blank white page for Hires..... My GF's IE on her PC seems fine, hence here I am!

Confused? me too - I just want the darned thing to work!

+Quote Post

Demonology
post Aug 28 2006, 06:29 PM
Post #9

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

The Wrestler By Samppa

EuroBoy

QUOTE(Tony Crew @ Aug 28 2006, 07:18 PM) [snapback]22320[/snapback]
My ISP is Bulldog, the line comes into a router and is split to my PC and my GF's PC. My IE on my PC still shows a blank white page for Hires..... My GF's IE on her PC seems fine, hence here I am!

Confused? me too - I just want the darned thing to work!

That just about says it all bulldog are bloody useless unreliable and never sort there problems,customer service is rediculous they say they have logged things when they haven't they say they'll ring you back in a few days through a technical engineer when in reality 2 months goes by and still waiting.

i'm just waiting for 16 mb connection from sky to arrive in the area and they say should be near chistmas time!!!

Bulldog are worse than NTL and that is an achievement i thought that could never be done.

IPB

+Quote Post

Tony Crew
post Aug 28 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #10

New to the scene
Group Icon

It could be worse..... I was with BT and I found them to be the worse company I have ever dealt with! owever, as both PC's are connected via the same line I dont think Bulldog can be blamed for this one. Still looking for the answer :-(

+Quote Post

corky
post Aug 28 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #11

Hires's Mum
Group Icon

have you tired doing a trace route to see if it drops out somewhere

and have you tried disconnecting your router and rebooting the machine to reset it then re connect your router to see if that helps, it might need resetting

+Quote Post

Tony Crew
post Aug 28 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #12

New to the scene
Group Icon

Corky - thanks mate but yes I have reset my router and re-booted my PC but no change to the situation at all. I can still gain access to every site I can think of except HiRes.

+Quote Post

corky
post Aug 28 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #13

Hires's Mum
Group Icon

have you deleted your cookies for the site

+Quote Post

corky
post Aug 28 2006, 09:23 PM
Post #14

Hires's Mum
Group Icon

Right then an update, he's cleaned his cookies, cache out, and he has installed firefox, he can get into here with firefox but not IE, he's reset the router and he still cant get in here with IE, anyone have anymore suggestions for him. Oh and he did a trace rout thing and that worked. He had the same result's I did. I dont know anything else, to suggest, so maybe one of you really clever pc ones do. lol, I've run out, and I got a sore head now (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Aug 29 2006, 09:24 AM
Post #15

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

It's what I thought it was (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/tongue2.gif) IE doesn't always clear all history properly.

Try this:

http://www.techweb.com/winmag/fixes/ie/iecache.htm

see if it helps

IPB

+Quote Post

Tony Crew
post Aug 29 2006, 10:09 AM
Post #16

New to the scene
Group Icon

OK - first of all, thanks Corky (and her mate) for spending lost of BH Monday time trying to sort this problem. Yes we have narrowed it down to IE. IE will seemingly load every one of my sites EXCEPT hires. BAZZAH - cheers mate, tried your suggestion above with the Cache cleanup fix but still no different. Have tried every clean up thing suggested but still no success. Hmmmm.... what to do? ..... what to do? As a last resort I could try to uninstall IE then re-install it again - do you think would work?

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Aug 29 2006, 10:12 AM
Post #17

Site Owner
Group Icon

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

It's hard to say what will work. Without getting support from Microsoft themselves (I know, funny aren't I (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) ) I don't know what to suggest. I would be worth using firefox instead of IE anyway, if you could, as IE is pretty crap!

IPB

+Quote Post

sleepyhead
post Aug 30 2006, 07:09 PM
Post #18

Valued Member
Group Icon

I had a similar problem a while ago. IE would load about 20-25% of the page and then just stop.

I did all the things people have suggested for your problem but yes you've guessed it, they didn't work, so in the end I tried the uninstall/re-install route but that didn't work either. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/cussing.gif)

So eventually I dumped IE and now use Opera, result no more problems whatsoever. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

Sorry I no this isn't a solution to your IE problem but you just might have to go the way I did and use another browser.

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Aug 30 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #19

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

firefox

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Site Help · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 5th December 2016 - 10:29 AM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS