Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
ubl6612
post Aug 24 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #1

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Stargate - The Movie by Powers

My Favorite Cover Designer:
Scaramanga

When I turned on my computer this morning it took 5 minutes to get into windows, which is not normal. Though this is nothing compared to photoshop. First of, it takes a lot longer to open, but even worse, I can't really do anything in it. I maybe click 1 or 2 times with the mouse and then it freezes for 60-90 seconds, then I get to click 1 or 2 times again, and then it freezes for another 60-90 seconds, etc. etc.

could this have anything to do with those 7000ish fonts I installed before I went to bed?

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

happy
post Aug 24 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #2

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

QUOTE(ubl6612 @ Aug 24 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]21465[/snapback]
When I turned on my computer this morning it took 5 minutes to get into windows, which is not normal. Though this is nothing compared to photoshop. First of, it takes a lot longer to open, but even worse, I can't really do anything in it. I maybe click 1 or 2 times with the mouse and then it freezes for 60-90 seconds, then I get to click 1 or 2 times again, and then it freezes for another 60-90 seconds, etc. etc.

could this have anything to do with those 7000ish fonts I installed before I went to bed?

(IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif) Yepp (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

Less is more power to the pc in this case
happy

+Quote Post

*Krafty*
post Aug 24 2006, 03:17 PM
Post #3

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

LOL.. time to get a mac me thinks!!
(IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

IPB
It has been a long time. Still two years to go.
Have been away a long time and still time to do.....

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post Aug 24 2006, 05:18 PM
Post #4

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Scaramanga

Don't we have a profanity filter in this forum? shouldn't mac be blured out or something. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/cussing.gif)

Time to filter out the cr*p

Okay, it took 1 minute to remove one font....

Will a system restore remove the fonts I added? Is fonts... system? doesn't sound right but please correct me.

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.

+Quote Post

Irrob
post Aug 24 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #5

YES YES YES
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Bunny Dojo

No, system restore won't get rid of em. Try running in safe mode, then deleting the files that way? If not, you might have to delete the ENTIRE font folder in Windows and create a new font folder or as a last resort, do a complete system reboot (ugh). Thats the extent of my knowledge.

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post Aug 24 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #6

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Scaramanga

Found another way that's a little faster, gonna do a complete clean up, needed it anyway. Will just keep the fonts in a seperate folder uninstalled. Will install if needed.

I actually got a backup folder with my fonts from the crash down that I could use, but will clean up anyway.

IPB

+Quote Post

JSAer24
post Aug 24 2006, 08:58 PM
Post #7

Valued Member
Group Icon

If you want to be able to use that many fonts you should get a font manager...like adobe type manager (though its called something else now...)..also be sure that you have the Font Preview turned off in the Preferences>Type. This will slow up Photoshop no end...

+Quote Post

CockneyRebel
post Aug 24 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #8

Valued Member
Group Icon

Yep have to agree it's not a wise move to install fonts in your windows/fonts folder especially 7000 (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/SHOCKED.gif) as every time you boot up, windows has to install every single one of them and they use a suprisingly large amount of resources for there size, the fonts are the reason Photoshop takes the time it does to install. Best bet as said is get yourself a font manager programme in this way the fonts are not actually installed every time you boot up instead it places a shortcut to the font in your windows/fonts folder so it only accesses them when needed and installing and unistalling is very easy, in fact i usually install the font i want for a perticular project via the fonts manager, use it then uninstall when done with it. I use Proximas Font Expert and have to say it was a godsend once i'd figured out how to use it.

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post Aug 24 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #9

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Scaramanga

interesting info. Will look into it.

Thank you.

IPB

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · General Help · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 6th December 2016 - 02:11 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS