Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
CorRoZ
post Aug 22 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #1

New to the scene
Group Icon

Group: Members

Hello Staff. Can you please tell me why we have to pay money to get Shq-covers? What do you need all those money for anyway? If just 500 hundred members paid 10Euro’s each, that would be 5000 Euros and that is more than enough for server expenses!(?) When somebody wants to start a server, then you have to pay it yourself, even though so many people use it everyday. I use to download covers everyday, because hirescovers.net was the place to get the best covers and at the highest quality, but then I had to go on vacation and when I came home. I saw that I couldn’t see the covers in full-length… I didn’t know what was going on, so I searched and searched and found out that you Have to Pay to get “Full-membership” and that shit sucks! Please reply this message, and tell me why you need to donate?

The designers, that make the covers dont need money to do it, they do it for fun and as a hobby. So if you people please can tell me why, you need so many money for just a server!? This site has neraly 7,970 Members (I know that not all are active)... But many of these people need to donated to get access to full-length dvd-covers and they do.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Demonology
post Aug 22 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #2

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

My Favorite Custom Cover:
The Wrestler By Samppa

My Favorite Cover Designer:
EuroBoy

Oh dear!!!

Where to start first off people who can't create covers donate.........why donate it's simple to keep the site alive,do you even know how much it costs to keep a server running??? for a site this size and the amount of bandwidth usage it uses your talking quite alot of money,Plus money donated i should imagine will go to the cost of server upgrades and other expenses the site may incurr.

I heard this all to well so many people wanting something for nothing,well news flash!!!!!!!! you got work or pay your way in life these days.

I design my own covers because i enjoy and contribute to the site that but i don't think bazzah out of his own pocket could keep the server running without donations the site would simply disappear.

The simple fact is CorRoZ if you can't contribute then you donate if you don't want to do either then there's always cdcovers.cc (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/lol.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Aug 22 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #3

Guests

Violin music plays gently in the back ground....... the subscription supports the on going costs of the site and ensure it doesn't got belly up again. It also puts off those that leech and post the work hosted here elsewhere.

When the site was reclaimed from the ashes of the last owner, the new management asked for donations towards the running costs of the site, insuffiecient people donated therefore out of necessity a subscription to the sites services became necessary.

No body is forcing you to subscribe to the site, thats your choice, but please dont bleat about it here, we've heard it all before many times and you'll get no sympathy.

€10 for access to all the sites covers and arcade section is a bargin.

And like my demon friend above says there's alway other inferior sites (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

Myers
post Aug 22 2006, 06:53 PM
Post #4

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Secret Garden By Dweez

EDIT:I removed the comment had a bad day

IPB
" I don't feel that I need to explain my art to you, Warren. "

+Quote Post

CyberClown
post Aug 22 2006, 06:58 PM
Post #5

Master Designer
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

I Think Skally & D are being a bit hard on you mate.I am sitting typing on my laptop in Hawaii, courtesy of all the nice donations to the site ,so you can,t say that is a waste of money surely CoRoZ.
I also have a truck come round on alternate Tuesdays which dumps masses of cash on my front lawn - payment for making the covers of course - again quite merited i,m sure you agree.
So all in all i only think it,s only fair you pay & get a lot of friends to do likewise or the " Staff " may struggle to keep their all round tans in check this coming year.
I hope this explains everything better to you. Well i am off down the pub on my flying pig to have my usual tipple with my mermaid girlfriend & her pet unicorn.
See you at cc covers then (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

IPB
[color="#00FF00"][b][size=6][size=4]XBOX Live ID : Satans Recon

+Quote Post

Myers
post Aug 22 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #6

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Secret Garden By Dweez

QUOTE(CyberClown @ Aug 22 2006, 07:58 PM) [snapback]21201[/snapback]
I Think Skally & D are being a bit hard on you mate.I am sitting typing on my laptop in Hawaii, courtesy of all the nice donations to the site ,so you can,t say that is a waste of money surely CoRoZ.
I also have a truck come round on alternate Tuesdays which dumps masses of cash on my front lawn - payment for making the covers of course - again quite merited i,m sure you agree.
So all in all i only think it,s only fair you pay & get a lot of friends to do likewise or the " Staff " may struggle to keep their all round tans in check this coming year.
I hope this explains everything better to you. Well i am off down the pub on my flying pig to have my usual tipple with my mermaid girlfriend & her pet unicorn.
See you at cc covers then (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

(IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/rofl.gif) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif) (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/rofl.gif) That cheered me up from an otherwise crap day

IPB

+Quote Post

Bazzah
post Aug 22 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #7

Site Owner
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin

HiRes Challenge
Label Of The Month

All HiRes designers

LOL - you are so gifted CC! (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/lol.gif)

IPB

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Aug 22 2006, 07:41 PM
Post #8

Guests

Best laugh I've had all week CC, Baz when do I get my next paycheck?

+Quote Post

bigdog829
post Aug 22 2006, 07:42 PM
Post #9

Valued Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(CyberClown @ Aug 22 2006, 02:58 PM) [snapback]21201[/snapback]

To funny .................................... (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post

Guest_lulubelle_*
post Aug 22 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #10

Guests

well I send my best from Branson's island... will send a postcard!

+Quote Post

CorRoZ
post Aug 22 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #11

New to the scene
Group Icon

Hm. I've got nada money! I know that 10$ or Euros aint much, but when you are getting a education and don’t got alot of money, it's hard to pay that shit! I've got other things to use my money on, but still I want to get full access on this site. When you decide to start your own server, you've have to pay the bill yourself... but after some while and you need to upgrade the server, (because more members is coming to the server) then you can say to the members, that: you need money to upgrade it, so all donations are welcome. Many of the members would help by donation a sum of money, because they still want the server to stay.
But that wasn’t what you did! You made the choice that all members have to pay at least 10$ or Euros to get access to the covers (in full length). Why not just say that the members who want to donate can donate and the members that doesn’t got money (or other reasons) doesn’t pay.
And I know that a server doesn’t cost 5000 Euros, you’ve got more that enough money to pay the server and the monthly rent for it.

+Quote Post

MrHenryDog
post Aug 22 2006, 08:12 PM
Post #12

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

L.A. Confidential by Kaleigha

LOL ok enough piss taking.
can understand where your coming from coroz,your favorite site now costs and it sucks - but like everyone says,running a site costs money,and if theres a little extra so what? bazzah,filmboy and krafty rescued this site from the ashes,spent a lot of time putting it back together,and reuploading the exsisting gallery.they kept a lot of people informed about what was happening,and they put a lot of time into moderating and administration. are they expected to work their day-jobs,then spend their wages supplying people with free covers?
there are a lot of great artists on this site,and IMO its far better than the exsisting site because now quality scans are also available.
the cost is minimal in exchange for these great covers/help from the artists/a lively forum and all the other thing that make this site what it is.

some of us dont have to pay,why?because we contribute to the site,we upload covers on a regular basis,if you feel your able to do this (to the standards expected) then why not give it a try?

of course you could choose to use other sites, but you know that compared to sites like cdcovers cc that this place is well worth a few quid of anyones money (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

IPB
Sorry for my English, i'm from Leicester innit?

+Quote Post

eggzo0r
post Aug 22 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #13

Valued Member
Group Icon

Don't want to pay, leave (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif)

+Quote Post

Demonology
post Aug 22 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #14

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

The Wrestler By Samppa

EuroBoy

man that is the best reply i have ever seen............i'm still currently laughing my ass off and i've read that reply 4 times now.

And I know that a server doesn’t cost 5000 Euros, you’ve got more that enough money to pay the server and the monthly rent for it.

How on earth you get that sum?????? just because there is nearly twice that amount in members don't mean to say half of em are donating infact there is quite a number of members here who are artists and members of who probably pay to get covers then there are those 1000's of members who have joined and there accounts lay stagnent.

As Skallywag pionted out this is also prevent leechers who just take and then upload them covers to other sites and try to gain credit for them.
I have access to this site and my brother in Scotland is a member here too but he doesn't make covers or scans so he actually contributes by paying aswell.It's easy less hassle.

Nothing is free these days and i doubt this site is gonna change it's policy just to suit your needs.

Now i'm off to the pub with cyberclown because i fancy some fish!!!!!!

IPB

+Quote Post

Myers
post Aug 22 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #15

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

Secret Garden By Dweez

So by your logic then people should donate so you can have free access ummmm wnat me to pay your internet bill at the same time sod it sen all your bills in we will have a whip round for you. Really p****s me off that people expect something for nothing, bazzah fb and everyone else concerned pulled everything together to bring this site back and did a damn good job of it. and you are complaining because you have to pay a small fee. No wonder i decided to take a long break from designing covers and people like you make me realise i made the right decision. As they say on my favourite usenet groups PLONK

IPB

+Quote Post

*Krafty*
post Aug 22 2006, 08:26 PM
Post #16

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

hhhmmmm!

I think he has got the message. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/iamwithstupid.gif)

IPB
It has been a long time. Still two years to go.
Have been away a long time and still time to do.....

+Quote Post

ubl6612
post Aug 22 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #17

HiRes legend!
Group Icon

Retired Master Designer

Stargate - The Movie by Powers

Scaramanga

QUOTE(CyberClown @ Aug 22 2006, 08:58 PM) [snapback]21201[/snapback]

Chuck Norris.

IPB
My covers may only be viewed on well calibrated screens and printed on well calibrated printers.

+Quote Post

CorRoZ
post Aug 22 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #18

New to the scene
Group Icon

Whatever...! I really dont need listen to your crap. Just ban me, because I dont need to be on this site anymore.

+Quote Post

Guest_lulubelle_*
post Aug 22 2006, 08:52 PM
Post #19

Guests

(IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/waving.gif)

+Quote Post

Guest_Skallywag®_*
post Aug 22 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #20

Guests

Bye Bye, dont let the door hit you in the ass (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8834.gif) As they say in my favourite pub TWAT! (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/tongue2.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · Site Help · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 9th December 2016 - 11:13 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS