Welcome Guest   ( Log In | Register )
Advanced
Search
Loading tabs, please wait...

Welcome to HiResCovers.NET

Looking for Custom DVD Covers, Custom DVD Labels, Game Console Covers and Labels, Movie Posters, and Blu Ray Covers? You've found them! HiResCovers.net is the friendliest and best DVD and BluRay cover site, and your home for everything related to movie covers. We have over 500 GB images, and they are all 300dpi and Quality Checked.

Check out thumbnail samples of our Custom DVD Covers and Custom DVD Labels in our auto-scrolling showcase to your right. Use the search box above to search our cover and label gallery for your favorite. And use the menu at the top of the page for easy access to the entire site.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
coolhandlucas
post Aug 22 2006, 09:35 AM
Post #1

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Group: Members

Hello all, can someone enlighten me on some questions I have about printing covers?

First, what do you use to print them out and get the right dimensions? I have tried a few different programs and none of them seem to get the dimensions of the image right.

Second, what kind of paper is best for printing covers on? Please don't tell me that I should go buy the actual DVD Case paper that they sell at the store.

Thanks for any help!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

BearStyle
post Aug 22 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #2

Resident Bear
Group Icon

Group: Contributor

Retired Master Designer

I use CoverXP which have worked great for me the last some 3 years or so.
Start, load my coverprinting setting and then it's just to drag n' drop the covers and hit print.

When it comes to papers, I've used matte, semi-glossy and glossy standard photo papers. And they most often work like a charm. I do believe it's a matter of taste which kind you wanna use, I like mine glossy. Right now I've got some 180g/m papers which honestly is too thick, so to give you a simple advice - try glossy photo paper somewhere between 120-150g/m. But perhaps you should wait for someone with a bit more experience to reply..

+Quote Post

Guest_filmboy_*
post Aug 22 2006, 10:41 AM
Post #3

Guests

If you use Photoshop, then the best program for printing is Photoshop!

As long as your cover is the correct size (standard 3240x2175), it works perfectly.

You do have to remember to set the page to landscape, though. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/8824.gif)

+Quote Post

oberlisc
post Aug 22 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #4

Valued Member
Group Icon

Now i have found Nero Cover Designer perfect it allows you to stretch the cover past the crop marks, as i have found not all DVD cases are made the same, as for paper i use 170gsm Photo quality inkjet paper (3-4 -100 sheets) set my Epson R200 to Text/Image & Matte Heavyweight and the covers are a perfect fit inside the case.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Regards
oberlisc (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/winking.gif)

+Quote Post

sauron
post Aug 22 2006, 01:10 PM
Post #5

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

I use Microsoft Word to print my covers out, i know it sounds wierd but it works all the time. when i use programs i can never get them to fit the dvd case but with microsoft word i can

+Quote Post

*Krafty*
post Aug 22 2006, 01:56 PM
Post #6

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

WORD??!!

More like have a word. The best thing to do is open the file in Photoshop and print from Photoshop itself. There are various settings to choose from depending on your paper, printer etc. but as long as you print at 100% then you should not have any size issues with any files from this site. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/thumb.gif)

IPB
It has been a long time. Still two years to go.
Have been away a long time and still time to do.....

+Quote Post

sauron
post Aug 22 2006, 07:51 PM
Post #7

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator

lol using word is really easy, i just open the document put the picture in adjust 2 the edges then print and voila its done

+Quote Post

chefjoe
post Aug 22 2006, 11:52 PM
Post #8

HiRes Uber Member
Group Icon

My Favorite Custom Cover:
Kernie's Comic Set WOW!

My Favorite Cover Designer:
umi & nini

Are you all using A4 size papers? I've tried many times to print within PS, but the covers are too big for 8x11 stantard US paper. OOOOR, my settings are suspect. Haven't tried for some time, but I'll check now. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/tongue2.gif)

+Quote Post

JolietJake
post Aug 23 2006, 12:56 AM
Post #9

HiRes Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE(chefjoe @ Aug 22 2006, 11:52 PM) [snapback]21250[/snapback]
Are you all using A4 size papers? I've tried many times to print within PS, but the covers are too big for 8x11 stantard US paper. OOOOR, my settings are suspect. Haven't tried for some time, but I'll check now. (IMG:http://www.hirescovers.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/tongue2.gif)

Thats what i use and it never gives me problems. In fact theres a fair bit of room left on the paper.

+Quote Post

coolhandlucas
post Aug 23 2006, 02:58 AM
Post #10

HiRes Regular
Group Icon

Thanks all for the advice and tips. Will try them out and see what works best.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

« Next Oldest · General Help · Next Newest »

The Artwork hosted on this site is for personal use only. We do not condone piracy and we do not supply images for use in any illegal activities, including DVD or Blu-ray piracy.
Time is now: 6th December 2016 - 09:47 PM Gallery Index Privacy policy Lo-Fi Version RSS